Page 102 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2162

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Gordy pretty much alluded to it being Holbrooks management and a way to get a head coach job luring them with him in that podcast, He also mentioned the players management but he said that's a normal thing for them to do and I think he is thinking the same way you are, why not more players if it's around? I don't think it's Tinos management as he put his name to everything, The Fifita signing was secretive earlier in the year, Why would they leak now.

Verrills is with Tinos management I think to and that was done in silence and he happily re-signed after all of it.

Suddenly all these leaks happen once Holbrook is gone and he's filthy about the situation??? Seems suss. Raiders could also be trying to make a point about losing Wighton and the system, Dragons I understand from their perspective being angry about the Ben Hunt noise to and us being heavily connected, I've don't think it's been a good look despite us not really being involved.

I think it's all three tbh and then there's media probably being pissed that they didn't have a clue about the Des stuff and now are trying to make a point about us. Does DT/CM hate Des? I'm sure he's had run ins with guys down there, They pumped him over the Jersey saga when it wasn't his fault.
    PSM is the Orrs company and they I would trust 100% to try and use players to get a coach a job. They don’t have the draw cards really on our books only Fermor Boyd and Foran but also have Joliffe, kini, haas and formerly sexton. Interesting that these are promising juniors we signed to long term deals aswell sans Foran. Could the club have used Holbrook and psm to lure the juniors into the titans ? Either way I’d be nervous having a coach and 6 players at the same manager, broncos 2020 vibes alarms

There's a few others in our junior ranks they've got as well. Hard to avoid really when they manage so many of the GC kids. They always have and always will have a big presence here. As to whether having Holbrook (their client) as our coach helped our chances to sign players, I'd say it's likely. But that's pretty standard.

They also manage Jimmy Lenihan, fwiw.

All of this is an aside because the issue is actually Holbrook couldn’t get the team to win no matter how many lollies he gave them. At 37% he was poor, good bloke or whatever. He or is agent obviously fed info to Rothfield in exchange for a continuous plug as the victimized supercoach. It’s sickening. He showed his colors or lack of them every time we lost, rolling out the same platitudes.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Club statement: Titans affiliate clubs update
    http://www.titans.com.au

The Gold Coast Titans are disappointed to learn that the Burleigh Bears have chosen to align with an out of region NRL club in 2024.

The Titans and Bears have had a long affiliation, with the Titans investing in the club significantly over many years and by providing NRL quality players to support Burleigh’s Queensland Cup campaigns.

After meeting with the club earlier in the week and presenting to the chair, executive and coach, the Titans were informed that the Bears would move in a different direction next year.

The Titans are committed to the Gold Coast, developing local junior talent and producing pathways that lead to future NRL and NRLW stars representing our region.

We remain committed to developing the game across the Coast and competing in the Queensland Cup through the Tweed Seagulls.

The club will honour its commitment to the Burleigh Bears for the remainder of the year including the NRL players taking part in the match with PNG Hunters this weekend.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Club statement: Titans affiliate clubs update
    http://www.titans.com.au

The Gold Coast Titans are disappointed to learn that the Burleigh Bears have chosen to align with an out of region NRL club in 2024.

The Titans and Bears have had a long affiliation, with the Titans investing in the club significantly over many years and by providing NRL quality players to support Burleigh’s Queensland Cup campaigns.

After meeting with the club earlier in the week and presenting to the chair, executive and coach, the Titans were informed that the Bears would move in a different direction next year.

The Titans are committed to the Gold Coast, developing local junior talent and producing pathways that lead to future NRL and NRLW stars representing our region.

We remain committed to developing the game across the Coast and competing in the Queensland Cup through the Tweed Seagulls.

The club will honour its commitment to the Burleigh Bears for the remainder of the year including the NRL players taking part in the match with PNG Hunters this weekend.
    This doesn't read like a club that has been approved for their own Qcup team.

I'm very concerned the club has made a big error here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Unless Tweed basically gets amalgamated into being our 1 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

No it doesn’t and I share your concerns. Perhaps there is some extraordinary boardroom maneuvering taking place but the cynic in me is rising quickly.

Our schools to Bears to ‘Ponies … that’s a disaster.
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-07-23 at 05:30 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Unless Tweed basically gets amalgamated into being our 1 team.
    Few hurdles with QRL to even have that happen, and based on the Titans release, they definitely wanted Burleigh to stay on. FYI they've gone with the Broncos which I think was obvious

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    No it doesn’t and I share your concerns. Perhaps there is some extraordinary boardroom maneuvering taking place but the cynic in me is rising quickly.
    You're right to feel that way T.

No extraordinary boardroom manouvering. An old fashioned ****-up.

I’m now really feeling unsettled with the club right now. I know some may say change can be good but I’m really uneasy with what has happened. To now have the Broncos camped in the middle of the Gold Coast is a major worry as we have spent slot of time and money so stop them coming down the highway. Add to all this that Former Titans players and staff in Ryan James, David Mead and Staffer Darren Robb all in Bronco colours.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

We should be having a major crack at Souths Logan.

QRL are useless for leaving it this late, they sat on this decision for a long time and it was obvious once Ben Ikin was coming in it was probably not a good chance as he isn't a fan of your own QRL team. They've put a QLD team in a bad circumstance, ridiculous imo they didn't come to a better solution.

I think everyone looks bad in this.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 06-07-23 at 05:54 PM.

First Grader

The deal with the Drongoes by Burleigh is for 3 years.

this makes me think that the NRL should seriously be drafting the regions into feeder clubs for certain clubs and take it out of clubs hands.

cos Broncos having Burleigh - the MOST natural and obvious Gold Coast club, but us having for example Souths Logan or Mt. Isa is stupid. i'm annoyed at myself it took this for me to realise.

I'm frustrated too to have the Broncos in our backyard. I much preferred having the M1 between us.

The Dolphins have really dived into having a huge presence in North Brisbane, including visiting clubs such as Valleys and Caboolture Snakes. Broncos won't go around quietly.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    this makes me think that the NRL should seriously be drafting the regions into feeder clubs for certain clubs and take it out of clubs hands.

cos Broncos having Burleigh - the MOST natural and obvious Gold Coast club, but us having for example Souths Logan or Mt. Isa is stupid. i'm annoyed at myself it took this for me to realise.
    Mt. Isa hahahaha