Page 78 of 145 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2162

I see England in the futures of Clark and possibly Toby. Some super league club will fall in love with Clark's carries and he can get away with his poor initial contact in defense over there.

Anybody like to address the behemoth in the room? Everybody from Uluru to Anchorage and Cunnamulla to Ouagadougou, except our coach, is aware of the our issues. None of this conjecture means diddly if the coach doesn't get it. What amazes me is that I am sure he wants to win, in fact he desperately needs to win but still he keeps faith with what obviously doesn't work. We are not like the Tigers whose best players were underperforming. Our best players are playing their butts off but the gap to the others is so wide that while indeed some personnel need to be changed, he constantly either: changes the wrong ones or plays them out of position ... very very very unbelievable and injury just doesn't cut it with me ... we have had our share but others have it too.

Just felt like a rant.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Holbrook has serious issues where he sticks with under preforming players far to long. I feel it'll cost him his job sooner or later
    Last edited by Upthetits; 05-06-23 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Holbrook has serious issues were he sticks with under preforming players far to long. I feel it'll cost him his job sooner or later
    Yeh that didn’t really work too well for Garth Brennan he was notorious for that, I’m thinking HS or MD may know this what development players are guranteed a spot in our top 30 next year Ben Liyou is one?? are the squad sizes increasing next year? Is the Titans qld cup team on track for 2024 or 2025? How will that affect our relationship with tweed and Burleigh l?
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

First Grader

Had a bloke just put it to me on reddit but for a centre what's everyone's thoughts on Tass from rabbits? On the outer with weighton coming in

QLD Cup

Some really decent points on here. I think the most frustrating thing for me this season is that all of the hype pre-season was around defence but we are back where we were this time last year. Ultimately that comes down to the coach. I actually really liked the signing of Holbrook and I think he has managed to get a lot out of some of the players we have, but the failure the recognise the defensive inefficiencies in other players has to lie with him. It also seems like, despite all the messaging to the contrary, we still play an attack focused game.

The other thing that doesn't sit quite right with me is the imbalance of youth/experience in the squad. I'm all for promoting local juniors but we seem to throw then in the deep end with little help around them at this club. I'm not sure why we are in such a rush to sign them up to full time contracts when nobody else is seeking them out. Haas, IF, Kini could all benefit with another season in Cup to learn their trade. Last weekend we had a back five of Kini, Lofi, Sami, Jojo and Schoupp. Sami was the most experienced player, who was playing out of position. They had no chance against an experienced Souths backline running shape at them.

I can't help thinking that next year is going to much of the same unless something drastic happens. Watching Clarke give the pre game pep talk to the team prior to last week said it all to me. Imagine what Liu was thinking after playing years with experienced hard nosed blokes then having to listen to the garbage coming from a man who barely deserves a spot in any clubs top 30.

I said this in a previous post about six weeks ago and I still stand by it. We have a bunch of players in our top 30 who just aren't winners. We should be looking for new homes for Sami, Clarke, Boyd and Foran (but for different reasons). Jimmy Joliffe is not going to save this squad. He's barely a walk up member of the 17 at most clubs. Also, for those who still think Boyd is the future, can you list how many games he has played like an NRL quality halfback? I have him at 3.5 games and about the same where he has played like the worst half in the competition. Send him back to Cup to learn his trade - he may struggle to take the jersey off Guy Hamilton though.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Had a bloke just put it to me on reddit but for a centre what's everyone's thoughts on Tass from rabbits? On the outer with weighton coming in
    Coached his old man at Mackay Norths a century ago and they both play and look alike ... would take him in a flash: solid, defensive left centre who understands how to put his outside man away.

Had a thought that should Foran retire at the end of this year instead of going around again next year , maybe the talk of Ben Hunt to us for a year two is not a bad idea or scenario. Allows Titans to bring Weaver on. I believe we would not have to fork out too much for Hunt. I feel he would be well worth the money.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Had a thought that should Foran retire at the end of this year instead of going around again next year , maybe the talk of Ben Hunt to us for a year two is not a bad idea or scenario. Allows Titans to bring Weaver on. I believe we would not have to fork out too much for Hunt. I feel he would be well worth the money.
    Hunt doesn't have the injury history that Foran does either. Far better organiser. Same age as Reynolds, and look how well he's going at the Broncos. I wouldn't mind if we made a play at him and got him, doubt we will though.

With you on that Onesie, Hunt would have been even better at the start of this year but still good value. I feel a bit for Foran, it's not like he doesn't have a go, he's just busted.

I understand why many want Hunt. A seasoned half like him with Brimson at 6 could really drive us. Mind you, with lesser guys, we're scoring points against every team - we just can't defend them. The experience in the halves when we're under the pump is where Brimson makes the most sense as our future 6. I have a feeling he only said JC was the better half because he wants to play FB. But he could be a really good 6, Munster-style, if he gets time in the spot and can stay fit. Kini looks like our FB for years to come.

I think Weaver will be our 7 in time but both he and Brimson love the left (so does Hunt). Boyd and Sexton are the only halves in the current squad that prefer the right but I think Sexton will be gone and Boyd will either be coming off the bench if we buy Hunt or holding the spot until Weaver is ready. I'm not sure how long that will be. Boyd's first 40 was very good last week. If he can make that 70 by the end of the year, I think he's our man for next year.

The other consideration is how big squads will be next year and we just don't know. Sure there's a few players I'd happily let go but we can't really make decisions until we know for sure. Then there's the salary cap for the extra players.

I agree with everyone about which positions need to be stronger but it's always who. Credit to WD and a few others for naming names. Some very good options mentioned. I hope our recruitment team are prioritising guns in those key positions we need to strengthen and have all the ducks lined up when Vlandys spills the beans. I think one or two clubs will have the inside word so we must have already moved on the player market.

Most of all, as others have said, the issue is largely the coach. Only a gun Psychologist can save him now.

Koni scored a double last night and his winger scored 4. For St Helens.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Koni scored a double last night and his winger scored 4. For St Helens.
    Holbrook had an 80% win record with St Helen’s

ESL is about as relevant as NRLW

First Grader

We couldn't afford anything close to Hunt imo, We maybe have 300kish left in cap and St.George won't pay for him to leave. Doggies apparently have a 1.2m contract offer for him. The only reason we're being connected is because we tried to get him last year when we had a tonne of cap space before we re-signed AJ, JC, Fifita and signed everyone else in Foran, Verrills etc.. There's a reason we've only gotten guys like Mikaele and Leeming on one year deals on min contracts.

I'd be getting another second rower and centre before anything else.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 06-06-23 at 09:50 AM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    We couldn't afford anything close to Hunt imo, We maybe have 300kish left in cap and St.George won't pay for him to leave. Doggies apparently have a 1.2m contract offer for him. The only reason we're being connected is because we tried to get him last year when we had a tonne of cap space before we re-signed AJ or JC and signed everyone else in Foran, Verrills etc.. There's a reason we've only gotten guys like Mikaele and Leeming on one year deals on min contracts.

I'd be getting another second rower and centre before anything else.

Yep they are the 2 priorities at the moment with a centre first IMO.