Page 134 of 145 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2162

I also agree with most of that and the thing I want to add is Des should improve the squads footy IQ or move then on … we have been the dumbest team for years.

I think Cow’s reference to a pommie defensive coach is Brian McDermott at the Knights.
    Last edited by Titanic; 09-09-23 at 09:48 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

WD was right, It was Horo on his podcast talking about Reynolds and Walsh giving massive props to the English assistant, makes sense it was the attacking coach, Didn't know Newcastle have one to and their defence has looked great, Anyone who can make Marzhew competent enough to be a massive + must be a genius.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 09-09-23 at 10:29 AM.

Lee Briers is the POM working as an assistant at the Broncos. Supposed to be with attack side of it
    https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/09/0...alsh-and-haas/

Rep Player

What you need to remember about the broncos is they have the nearly always most amount of membership, sponsorships, ticket sales etc in the comp. They are never going to fail for too long as there is too much money to be lost otherwise. While they haven’t lifted the premiership in a long time I never expect the broncos to not at least be a contender with the amount of money and support behind them.

For us our on field just doesn’t get us the support off it. Honestly the amount of times of reconsidered membership and have definitely stopped travelling down for games and spending all that money in a team and coach who just didn’t give a ****.

The equation is simple. Start winning. Start playing good footy. Start contending in finals. If we do that then the fans, members and money will come

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    What you need to remember about the broncos is they have the nearly always most amount of membership, sponsorships, ticket sales etc in the comp. They are never going to fail for too long as there is too much money to be lost otherwise. While they haven’t lifted the premiership in a long time I never expect the broncos to not at least be a contender with the amount of money and support behind them.

For us our on field just doesn’t get us the support off it. Honestly the amount of times of reconsidered membership and have definitely stopped travelling down for games and spending all that money in a team and coach who just didn’t give a ****.

The equation is simple. Start winning. Start playing good footy. Start contending in finals. If we do that then the fans, members and money will come
    It's a simple equation yes, but a difficult one to put together. It's taken us years to get to the position that we're in now.

We finally have players who want to remain at the club long term because they want to bring the city and team success; years ago, we'd sign a player for 2-3 years then they'd leave, retire, etc.

We have a board who are working their ****s off to bring in more sponsors, master class coaches & make upgrades to our facilities. They are genuinely passionate about the club and care about the fans. And the club is actually turning a genuine profit.

We have a marketing team who is turning it out week in, week out to bring more interest in the team. I genuinely have not seen more Titans advertisements in person around the GC and via TV ad spots than I have this year.

For once, the club actually has a culture. The club has the support of a lot of the juniors/kids in the area too. The amount of kids I see at the home games who's eyes light up seeing their current heroes is amazing. The players make sure to make just enough time for everyone after each game, win or lose, and actually appreciate them and want to remain around them.

Our JTS (Junior Titans System) is growing rapidly each year. While some juniors are still poached by other clubs, we're doing a damn good job at retaining a fair few of them to prep them to don our jersey in a few years.

Look at our attendance numbers this year. We reached our highest total CBUS attendance since 2010 (187,609), with an average of 17,055 per game. If we include magic round as a home game, we achieved our third highest total of all time (234,444) for an average of 19,537 per game (third highest average too). Our memberships broke a new record and reached 13,000+ for the first time. Keep in mind we ran bottom 4 again this year too.

We have the ground works of being a potential top club finally. The fans are there, but not as passionate as most (casuals, if you will). The money for once, is there. The membership numbers are growing each year. But, as you said, we need to start winning, and that comes with having the right coach and playing group. I believe Des will be the one to finish laying all the foundations for the on field performance, and we will see the true potential of the GC on and off field for the first time.

And trust, the amount of times I too have just wanted to turn my back and walk away due to on field and off field performances, you'd assume I'd have done it by now. Just as so many have in the past. But I won't. Nor will I ever. This has been my team since 07'. This is my team for life. Win, lose or draw. Frustrating years and successful ones. I just can't not support this team. It truly is part of my life, and I can't ever give it up.

Those of us who have remained fans since 07' (and even way before when we were the Giants, Seagulls and Chargers) and have gotten through all the dark times can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. And if it takes us even longer to reach it, that's okay. We're apart of a sport where it has taken some teams 20+ years to win their first title (or break title droughts). Because as much as the results frustrate me, as much as it frustrates all of us, staying loyal to your sporting team throughout everything is what makes you a true, diehard fan.

As I keep saying - trust the process. Keep the faith. Everything will come good for us.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Appsy View Post
    It's a simple equation yes, but a difficult one to put together. It's taken us years to get to the position that we're in now.

We finally have players who want to remain at the club long term because they want to bring the city and team success; years ago, we'd sign a player for 2-3 years then they'd leave, retire, etc.

We have a board who are working their ****s off to bring in more sponsors, master class coaches & make upgrades to our facilities. They are genuinely passionate about the club and care about the fans. And the club is actually turning a genuine profit.

We have a marketing team who is turning it out week in, week out to bring more interest in the team. I genuinely have not seen more Titans advertisements in person around the GC and via TV ad spots than I have this year.

For once, the club actually has a culture. The club has the support of a lot of the juniors/kids in the area too. The amount of kids I see at the home games who's eyes light up seeing their current heroes is amazing. The players make sure to make just enough time for everyone after each game, win or lose, and actually appreciate them and want to remain around them.

Our JTS (Junior Titans System) is growing rapidly each year. While some juniors are still poached by other clubs, we're doing a damn good job at retaining a fair few of them to prep them to don our jersey in a few years.

Look at our attendance numbers this year. We reached our highest total CBUS attendance since 2010 (187,609), with an average of 17,055 per game. If we include magic round as a home game, we achieved our third highest total of all time (234,444) for an average of 19,537 per game (third highest average too). Our memberships broke a new record and reached 13,000+ for the first time. Keep in mind we ran bottom 4 again this year too.

We have the ground works of being a potential top club finally. The fans are there, but not as passionate as most (casuals, if you will). The money for once, is there. The membership numbers are growing each year. But, as you said, we need to start winning, and that comes with having the right coach and playing group. I believe Des will be the one to finish laying all the foundations for the on field performance, and we will see the true potential of the GC on and off field for the first time.

And trust, the amount of times I too have just wanted to turn my back and walk away due to on field and off field performances, you'd assume I'd have done it by now. Just as so many have in the past. But I won't. Nor will I ever. This has been my team since 07'. This is my team for life. Win, lose or draw. Frustrating years and successful ones. I just can't not support this team. It truly is part of my life, and I can't ever give it up.

Those of us who have remained fans since 07' (and even way before when we were the Giants, Seagulls and Chargers) and have gotten through all the dark times can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. And if it takes us even longer to reach it, that's okay. We're apart of a sport where it has taken some teams 20+ years to win their first title (or break title droughts). Because as much as the results frustrate me, as much as it frustrates all of us, staying loyal to your sporting team throughout everything is what makes you a true, diehard fan.

As I keep saying - trust the process. Keep the faith. Everything will come good for us.
    Absolutely right mate to me the on field is the killer because you can genuinely see the difference off the field. The pieces are there we just can’t now play games like we did against the dolphins and look back going if we won even half of the games we folded in then we would be playing finals footy. I think Des can get the best out of us and I think we are just a piece or two away. I know all of us in the forum are here til the end regardless but Geeze I’d just like the club to start bringing us some joy. To be sitting here in CQ watching all the broncos fans strutting around in their jerseys today while I sit here remembering the last time we were close to the GF I wasn’t married in my house or had kids. I too think better days are ahead but we can’t afford another false start with Des eventually it just had to click

First Grader

Hasler has signed Manly physio Andrew Lowndes

Absolutely right mate to me the on field is the killer because you can genuinely see the difference off the field. The pieces are there we just can’t now play games like we did against the dolphins and look back going if we won even half of the games we folded in then we would be playing finals footy. I think Des can get the best out of us and I think we are just a piece or two away. I know all of us in the forum are here til the end regardless but Geeze I’d just like the club to start bringing us some joy. To be sitting here in CQ watching all the broncos fans strutting around in their jerseys today while I sit here remembering the last time we were close to the GF I wasn’t married in my house or had kids. I too think better days are ahead but we can’t afford another false start with Des eventually it just had to click
    See that's the thing. It's all well and good to have a stable foundation off the field and for players to keep wanting to re-sign with us, but what good is any of that if it isn't translated to winning games on the field?

And on the Reynolds thing, HS and I will have to agree to disagree in that I believe Reynolds was exactly what we needed at the time we lost Fogarty, a genuine, experienced organizing halfback, a big upgrade on Fogarty, but instead we got an injury-riddled ball-running 6. Although with that said, Reynolds couldn't save the Donkeys from their slide out of the 8 last year so of course I'll concede that success wasn't guaranteed even if we signed him over Foran. I just think he would have been a much better option.

PS you look at all the good teams and they all have at least one experienced, key player in their spine. Who is ours? Foz? Come on man. AJ can't even hold his spot. JC doesn't know whether he's a half or a fullback. Weaver is so young and unproven, as is Kini, and what happens if none of them kick on? Honestly it sounds like I've said this a thousand times on this forum before since I was member post-2010.

Anyways just my 2c
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 09-09-23 at 08:48 PM.

GT, to clarify mate, because I don’t want you thinking I’m dismissing what you’re saying -

Just because I think our other deficiencies outweigh what Adam Reynolds could hypothetically have maybe or maybe not brought to us, doesn’t mean that a good 7 doesn’t go a long way to helping at the pointy end of the competition when it comes to competing for a premiership. I think that’s pretty obvious and everyone would agree with that.

But having that kind of 7 doesn’t guarantee you’ll get anywhere near that pointy end of the comp in the first place - just ask Manly, Eels and Dragons fans. And that’s where I’m coming from

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    See that's the thing. It's all well and good to have a stable foundation off the field and for players to keep wanting to re-sign with us, but what good is any of that if it isn't translated to winning games on the field?

And on the Reynolds thing, HS and I will have to agree to disagree in that I believe Reynolds was exactly what we needed at the time we lost Fogarty, a genuine, experienced organizing halfback, a big upgrade on Fogarty, but instead we got an injury-riddled ball-running 6. Although with that said, Reynolds couldn't save the Donkeys from their slide out of the 8 last year so of course I'll concede that success wasn't guaranteed even if we signed him over Foran. I just think he would have been a much better option.

PS you look at all the good teams and they all have at least one experienced, key player in their spine. Who is ours? Foz? Come on man. AJ can't even hold his spot. JC doesn't know whether he's a half or a fullback. Weaver is so young and unproven, as is Kini, and what happens if none of them kick on? Honestly it sounds like I've said this a thousand times on this forum before since I was member post-2010.

Anyways just my 2c
    Well I look at it like this: remember the days of Roberts, Dave Taylor and drug busts, the centre of excellence, Jarryd Hayne, the NRL running the club. We weren’t very good then either but were gritty and tried our best with a poor roster but were a laughing stock off the field. Look at every top 4 club and the difference is how it is run off the field. You can’t have success on the field without having it together in the back office. If you don’t have players wanting to be here then you become what you used to be which is a dumping ground for past it players and a proving ground for good players to sign elsewhere. I do agree with the other points though and as I said it all means nothing if we aren’t winning. Look at the cowboys? They started the winning and the crowd started coming (and yes signing the GOAT halfback helps that and that’s what we need is an elite spine)

Well I look at it like this: remember the days of Roberts, Dave Taylor and drug busts, the centre of excellence, Jarryd Hayne, the NRL running the club. We weren’t very good then either but were gritty and tried our best with a poor roster but were a laughing stock off the field. Look at every top 4 club and the difference is how it is run off the field. You can’t have success on the field without having it together in the back office. If you don’t have players wanting to be here then you become what you used to be which is a dumping ground for past it players and a proving ground for good players to sign elsewhere. I do agree with the other points though and as I said it all means nothing if we aren’t winning. Look at the cowboys? They started the winning and the crowd started coming (and yes signing the GOAT halfback helps that and that’s what we need is an elite spine)
    yep true, Souths are a good example of that this season lol. Hopefully sooner rather than later we can put it together on the field as well.

First Grader

Is Robert Derby worth a shot from Cowboys/Blackhawks? 21, Athletic tall winger who apparently played centre when he was younger and looks like he does good work on hit ups going off his stats in QRL. Just watching a bit of him on Kayo and he looks like the type of outside back we don't have if Maumalo goes, It'd be nice for a bit more experience but from the eye test he looks like a decent prospect who might not be signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Is Robert Derby worth a shot from Cowboys/Blackhawks? 21, Athletic tall winger who apparently played centre when he was younger and looks like he does good work on hit ups going off his stats in QRL. Just watching a bit of him on Kayo and he looks like the type of outside back we don't have if Maumalo goes, It'd be nice for a bit more experience but from the eye test he looks like a decent prospect who might not be signed.
    He’s quick more than a heavy carry type OB. Tony Francis is much better yardage/hit ups type guy and has prob had a better season in Qcup too.

A bit of a Manly flavour in our club now with the new Physio guy, Des , Foz , Monaghan and the strength guy that has been here a year.

Also nice to see some more money put into the senior football department.

I would love to see us go after Paul Bunn from the Storm form the recruitment side of things.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Not that I’d give it much air but I have a mate who is a diehard doggies fan and apparently the dogs are going hard at Mo. Again the dogs seemed to be linked to everyone right now but they would be foolish not to be going for a player like him