Page 112 of 145 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2162
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    what's taking so long then

why drag it out like this
    He has been in Origin camp when this first started to unfold. Buzz Rothfield, the biggest crisis merchant in the game even said that we're meeting with him this week and that his manager gave a strong indication that he will be staying.

Also Boonarga I disagree about Tanah. History is showing that half's get better with age as their ability to read the game improves, look at Johnson, Reynolds, Cody Walker, DCE etc. They're all around Hunt's age and they're playing brilliantly right now, and their teams are all doing well apart from DCE. Our premiership window is in the next 3 years while we have our core locked up till the end of 2026, and I hate to say it but there is no chance Tanah will have us being a contender in that time frame.

First Grader

On another note, I would be making a play for Kulikefu Finefeuaki. He is an outstanding talent who is on a development contract with the Cows for 2024. He comes from Ipswich so it would be some type of home coming. At 19, 190cm and 105 kg, he is IMO already well ahead of Klese and Alick and has tremendous speed and footwork. He would be an invaluable asset on the edge where we need to improve our depth and he would certainly enhance our squad.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 20-07-23 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    what's taking so long then

why drag it out like this
    It’s not dragging anything out people and the media are just impatient

He’s not taking interviews on it really, he’s not posting on social media or subtweeting

His manager is fielding offers for 90 days and I assume we get and answer around day 80

We have the contract most won’t match already, we have his family dapped up and he loves the region

100% his manager is looking for more money or a longer contract because they make their money that way.

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    Some of you guys in here are hilarious ��

I’m sure you’d love your customers at work calling you damaged goods for exercising your legal and bargained for rights to get a pay and conditions raise from your boss

I still think we end up with a 7 year extension making Tino a titan for life imo
    What would your boss think if you did this? If you were a manager what would your staff under you think? I would suggest it would cause a high turn over of staff. And when you lose your support staffs respect the whole place is affected.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    What would your boss think if you did this? If you were a manager what would your staff under you think? I would suggest it would cause a high turn over of staff. And when you lose your support staffs respect the whole place is affected.
    I was a hospitality manager that lost all his good staff because the ownership refused to match the rates other proprietors were offering and then I made the decision to go and make more money myself

If you don’t want contract options used then maybe don’t put those options in the contracts.

Unless you are confident that contract option isn’t going to cost materially much more than what you’ve got and it helps you close earlier then that’s a risk you run

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    You think Tino exploring his market value will cause his teammates to leave en masse?

My Christmas shopping list is a couple a big mobile middles please.

Also if we are not going to use JC properly then let’s let him go somewhere where he can play more minutes as his spot on the bench is waisted.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    My Christmas shopping list is a couple a big mobile middles please.

Also if we are not going to use JC properly then let’s let him go somewhere where he can play more minutes as his spot on the bench is waisted.
    Couldn't agree more. JC deserves better than this nonsense

JC has to be in our 13, fullstop - do not let him go, although he deserves so much better.

My shopping list
    Re-sign Tino and Fifita
    Sign Ben Hunt
    Get some bench workhorse middle forwards with big bodies

Move AJ to centre so we don't need to sign another centre. Move Jojo to wing and let Sami go.

2024 line up I want, knowing Des he will want some bigger effort forwards (which is a good thing):
    1. Jayden
    2. Jojo
    3. BK/Schoupp/Treymain + any other up and comers
    4. AJ
    5. Lofi
    6. Foran
    7. Hunt
    8. Tino
    9. Verrills
    10. Mo
    11. Beau
    12. Fifita
    13. Sign someone

14. Chris Randall
    15. Palasai
    16. Alick/ Tino Jr / Klese / Stimson
    17. Sign someone

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    You think Tino exploring his market value will cause his teammates to leave en masse?
    No mate everyone what's a job especially if its good money and cushy but the culture will be utter crap and unproductive.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    JC has to be in our 13, fullstop - do not let him go, although he deserves so much better.

My shopping list
    Re-sign Tino and Fifita
    Sign Ben Hunt
    Get some bench workhorse middle forwards with big bodies

Move AJ to centre so we don't need to sign another centre. Move Jojo to wing and let Sami go.

2024 line up I want, knowing Des he will want some bigger effort forwards (which is a good thing):
    1. Jayden
    2. Jojo
    3. BK/Schoupp/Treymain + any other up and comers
    4. AJ
    5. Lofi
    6. Foran
    7. Hunt
    8. Tino
    9. Verrills
    10. Mo
    11. Beau
    12. Fifita
    13. Sign someone

14. Chris Randall
    15. Palasai
    16. Alick/ Tino Jr / Klese / Stimson
    17. Sign someone
    Where is Kini?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coast 88 View Post
    Where is Kini?
    And surely Pahulu will be pushing for a spot in the 17 too considering how crap our fringe middles are.
    Last edited by The Birdman; 22-07-23 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    And sureky Pahulu will be pushing for a spot in the 17 too considering how crap our fringe middles are.
    Definitely

Treymain Spry is also a universe away from first grade, cross him off your lists

If I was Sorry I would be letting Jimmy go next year after listening to the press conference...not good IMO.

I think Kini comes in when Foran retires, either moves AJ or Jayden to 5/8. Still unproven but a lot of potential, I think another season in qcup with the odd injury cover game in nrl will help his development.

Yep can throw Pahulu in there, I have forget about him. Essentially the bench positions are up for grabs other than Randall as hooker.

I also think if AJ moves to centre let everyone else battle it out for the other centre position.

Think with this type of lineup should give us a bigger pack, better IQ defenders, bigger bodies, more effort players, Jojo should still be good running out from our end for the tough carries.

I also think Des will lean towards having bigger bodies and more mongrel - which I am all for