Page 92 of 145 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2162
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Let broncos pay the transfer fee or player swap this year then then we sign him up next year
    The Broncos received $500k for Olaopu so it is just a ring around of money which does not actually hurt the Beoncos to any great degree. Any amount of transfer fees to play for the Broncos would be miniscule to the damage done to the Titans playing group if he played for the Broncos this year and played for the Titans in 24/25.

It would send clear signals he is not invested in
    playing for the Titans and is just there to pick up his pay check. The Titans are a pretty close knit team and it will be transparent to all that he would not be coming to the Titans for the right reasons by choosing the easy road going to the Broncos rather than the hard road of improving the Titans this year.

The Titans Board would be bonkers to allow this to happen.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 25-06-23 at 11:34 AM.

MT back in Des' playing days he used to say sorry to the opposition players every time he smashed them in a tackle and it happened a lot so he got labelled with it and a big green tick to your last post to.
    Also, I think AJ should play out of his skin today after spending that time around the Origin boys
    cheers

NRL 2023: Gold Coast Titans close in on Ben Hunt after latest ruthless move
    He was pencilled in as the club’s long-term playmaker in last season’s review, but Gold Coast’s relentless pursuit of Ben Hunt is set to force the prodigious talent out of the club.

Peter Badel
    and
    Travis Meyn
    2 min read
    June 25, 2023 - 2:44PM
    News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Titans wonder boy Toby Sexton has been told he can leave the club as the Gold Coast free up salary cap space to make a big-money play for Ben Hunt.

This masthead can reveal promising playmaker Sexton has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs in a move that suggests the Titans are planning to enter the bidding war for Hunt’s services.

Hunt will hold crisis talks with incoming Dragons coach Shane Flanagan on Monday, but the Maroons Origin star has made it clear he wants out of the Red V to return home to Queensland for family reasons.

That opens the door for the Titans, who last month registered fresh interest in Hunt with his management team after first being linked with the Dragons skipper last year.

The 22-year-old was last year viewed internally as Gold Coast’s next great playmaker and the Titans were so confident in Sexton’s ability to run the show the club offloaded co-captain Jamal Fogarty to Canberra.

The former Australian Schoolboy is on $500,000 next season and those funds could be re-directed towards Hunt if the Titans can offload Sexton to another NRL rival.

Currently languishing in Queensland Cup, Sexton is contracted until the end of 2024, but the Titans will not stand in the way of the halfback or five-eighth if he can find another club.

Sexton has played just one NRL game this season, setting up the winning try in the Titans’ 20-18 victory against, ironically, Hunt’s Dragons.

Sexton was linked with the Dolphins during their scrumbase injury crisis earlier this season, but coach Wayne Bennett is putting faith in halves Sean O’Sullivan, Isaiya Katoa and Anthony Milford.

Last month, Sexton said he had not given up hope of unseating Boyd from the Titans No.7 jumper.

“I don’t really know anything else but the Gold Coast,” he said.

“Last year was a pretty tough year, I’ve been through the wringer in a way.

“I was a little bit disappointed (to be overlooked for the halfback spot). I want to be playing NRL, especially after last year.

“I’ve got so much drive for the club. I’ve still got another year-and-a-half here and I’m fully committed to the club. I want to bring success here.

“It’s a long journey but the boys are working hard towards it. Any way I can add value, I want to be there.

“All I can control is playing good footy.”

It is understood the Titans are prepared to pay around $900,000 a season to lure Hunt to the Glitter Strip.

The 34-year-old is eyeing a four-month cameo with the Broncos this season, but Brisbane cannot afford Hunt long-term, putting the Titans in the box seat to secure the Test star for 2024 and beyond.

The Gold Coast Titans have shocked the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium but it was not without some major controversy.

Who would pick up Sexton?

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Who would pick up Sexton?
    Raiders maybe replace Wrigton
    St George
    Depending on Dylan Brown- Parramatta

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    MT back in Des' playing days he used to say sorry to the opposition players every time he smashed them in a tackle and it happened a lot so he got labelled with it and a big green tick to your last post to.
    Also, I think AJ should play out of his skin today after spending that time around the Origin boys
    cheers
    Ha! Thanks Ravs. I used to complement blokes after they smashed me, as long as it was legal.

The thing about Des' playing career I remember most is apparently he never lifted a weight. He used to climb ropes, beach sprint - a lot of different stuff against his own weight. He played well into his mid to late 30s, so it worked for him against the trend. He was a very smart footballer. He's got a great record as a coach and I'm hopeful.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/...hJDjSfHmmXh0Fk

Leeming to go home to England next year.

After watching how Verills controls the ruck and his passing I am convinced we got lucky missing B Smith. He has been average for the Roosters and is also injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coast 88 View Post
    Raiders maybe replace Wrigton
    St George
    Depending on Dylan Brown- Parramatta

I suppose Canberra do like halfs that can get chased down by huge forwards.

First Grader

Dragons refuse to release Hunt till the end of his contract in 2025

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Dragons refuse to release Hunt till the end of his contract in 2025
    Let the horse trading begin !!!
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Works well for us for Hunt to go to the Broncos this year. Let them deal with all the dramas of agitating / trading / paying for a release. Then we get him next year for a clean start.

Jolliffe, Randall, Verrills all extended until 26. Great day on the Coast

First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...s-trio-extend/

Great re-signings. Not superstars by any means but they all are such important pieces of our squad and it's so good that we have such a large core of our team with 10 players locked up till the end of 2026. Really liked the look of Randall in the forward rotation yesterday, could do a great job for us there and hopefully get rid of Clark lol