Page 54 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast

LEEMING announced.

First Grader

Even though there is a bit of doubt about how they will perform, we can’t fault the club for taking a risk with the Leeming and Mikaele signings since they are only for this season. Worse case they don’t perform and we don’t give them a deal after this. And hey if it means we never have to see Clark at 9 again, I’m all for it

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Even though there is a bit of doubt about how they will perform, we can’t fault the club for taking a risk with the Leeming and Mikaele signings since they are only for this season. Worse case they don’t perform and we don’t give them a deal after this. And hey if it means we never have to see Clark at 9 again, I’m all for it
    Yep agreed, they’re low risk squad fillers

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    2023 Squad

Top 30

Fullback:
    AJ Brimson
    Jayden Campbell
    Keano Kini

Wing:
    Phil Sami
    Lofi Khan-Pereira
    Ken Maumalo

Centre:
    Brian Kelly
    Jojo Fifita
    Treymain Spry
    Aaron Schoupp

Halves:
    Kieran Foran
    Tanah Boyd
    Toby Sexton
    Tom Weaver

Hooker:
    Sam Verrills
    Chris Randall

Middles:
    Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
    Moeaki Fotuaika
    Isaac Liu
    Jaimin Joliffe
    Sam Mcintyre
    Erin Clark
    Iszac Fa'asuamaleaui

Back Row:
    David Fifita
    Beau Fermor
    Klese Haas
    Joe Stimson
    Joe Vuna
    Jacob Alick

Total confirmed: 29/30

In: Kieran Foran, Sam Verrills, Joe Stimson, Aaron Schoupp, Treymain Spry, Ken Maumalo

2023 NRL Development Players (full-time with NRL, eligible for selection after round 11):
    Tony Francis (Centre)
    Josiah Pahulu (Middle)
    Seth Nikotemo (Backrower)

Re-signed: Jojo Fifita (2025), Josiah Pahulu (2025), David Fifita (2026)

Off Contract end of 2023:
    Jacob Alick (CO), Brian Kelly, Sam Mcintyre, Joe Vuna

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know my Math’s is not what it was but if you add Mikaele and Leeming doesn’t that make 31?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

It seems like Iszac was an exemption, Hope it doesn't mean he can't play now, He has looked very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I know my Math’s is not what it was but if you add Mikaele and Leeming doesn’t that make 31?
    We've released Tino to fit in Leeming

just kidding T. Your math is right. Not sure what the go is, unless we've signed one of them to a Dev deal. Iszac getting an exemption doesn't make any sense to me when he's played two weeks and we had other players in the top 30 who were not seleected.

Speculating that maybe Alick is out or Weaver hasn’t been upgraded.

Speculating that maybe Alick is out or Weaver hasn’t been upgraded.
    Weaver has been top 30 since start of the 2023 season mate
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 02-04-23 at 01:42 PM.

First Grader

Has Iszac just not been upgraded? I can see the NRL being lenient when talks with the RLPA and head knock issues plus injuries are a big time issue and it doesn't end the world letting Iszac play. Seems odd the club wouldn't announce it when we have with everyone else who's been signed up?

We seem to be making every deal we want the last three years, whoevers doing it might be the most charming human to ever live. I said Pahulu might've been upgraded then after looking back a day later I saw Tony Francis was in the squad photos, I DONT KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

It seems like this would be our 30th spot though, I like it.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 02-04-23 at 01:57 PM.

First Grader

What's going on with Iszac? Is he top 30 or not?? Feel like I shouldn't of brung him in on supercoach now...sigh
    Last edited by Upthetits; 02-04-23 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Has Iszac just not been upgraded? I can see the NRL being lenient when talks with the RLPA and head knock issues plus injuries are a big time issue and it doesn't end the world letting Iszac play. Seems odd the club wouldn't announce it when we have with everyone else who's been signed up?

We seem to be making every deal we want the last three years, whoevers doing it might be the most charming human to ever live. I said Pahulu might've been upgraded then after looking back a day later I saw Tony Francis was in the squad photos, I DONT KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

It seems like this would be our 30th spot though, I like it.
    From what I understand there will be an expansion of the team to 38 with the dev players no longer having a restriction on playing to cover the new 11 day protocol for HIA

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    From what I understand there will be an expansion of the team to 38 with the dev players no longer having a restriction on playing to cover the new 11 day protocol for HIA
    100% but that's next year. The rules are set for top 30 right now and we're playing Iszac. I'd rather Iszac playing over Mikaele. Who knows what's going on but if he gets dropped for Mikaele i'll be pretty foul, There's still 5 rounds to get to the round 11 mark to get him back in now

I get why we got him but if I see Iszac dropped for him I'm going to be pretty pissed. If they were going to do the deal for 6 months they should've done it the other way imo.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 02-04-23 at 03:53 PM.

In V'landysball, you can have three rule changes per week in the middle of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Weaver has been top 30 since start of the 2023 season mate
    Yes I get that but the Club website lists 31 players in the top grade including Iszac, Weaver, Kini and Pahulu but not Maumalo, Makaele nor Leeming. My concern is have we broken any rules but I assume the NRL will only recognise 30 registrations.

Yes I get that but the Club website lists 31 players in the top grade including Iszac, Weaver, Kini and Pahulu but not Maumalo, Makaele nor Leeming. My concern is have we broken any rules but I assume the NRL will only recognise 30 registrations.
    Yeah I hear you T, it's a bit confusing how it currently stands and the status of Iszac's contract (Dev or T30) is the confusing one for mine given that Kini and Weaver and certainly T30, and Pahulu Dev. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough what it all looks like and you're correct the NRL will only register contracts that are roster & cap compliant.

Re the Titans website - they've recently uploaded everyone's player profiles on there now, including the Dev boys. Maumalo is there. There's an administrative process to get Mikaele and Leeming on the NRL portal but that should be done soon.