Page 117 of 145 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2162
    First Grader

Does anyone know whether there is a separate committee/legal entity at Burleigh for their juniors as compared to their Seniors. If so, i would be making representations to further build a relationship with the juniors to make it so attractive to align with the Titans and enhance the pathways of their juniors through the Titans. This will also hopefully drive a wedge with their seniors.

i just see that the Broncos are not really interested in sending their better players to Burleigh rather that they see the Burleigh juniors as a jewel to usher the good juniors to the Broncos.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 30-07-23 at 12:38 PM.

Precisely WD, it has never been about helping the Bears only about accessing their resources, while the Bears have dropped their draws and bent over for a few shekels of silver … disgusting.

Bec on F2F will certainly be interesting, Cow.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

The juniors won't be affected since most of our recruiting is done in the school comps which we sponsor and a lot of the local comps. We've got kids at Souths Logan and other places and so do others teams at Burleigh and Tweed, I think that continues no matter what. The HDC thing could be an an issue but we could send them to A Grade potentially.

I'm not even sure if we have any Burleigh juniors right now (I know Arrow was), Most come from all the other local clubs then go there to Burleigh/Tweed for MM. I don't see why Jets aren't a decent option to team with, We have quite a lot of talent from Ipswich.

This will probably hurt Bears more then anyone since we were sending good players and funding them where as now they're going to get whoever wants to travel down here from Brisbane. They'll get some visit days from Reece Walsh which is probably the worst thing because kids love him.

Basically all the school connections/sponsoring the local comps are way more important for juniors and we're doing very good in those areas. Like T0ken said, I think the QRL stuff is complete BS and we're a victim of incompetency and Ben Ikins personal beliefs on what QRL should be who came into the picture very late + The NRL being a gongshow with everything going on.

I can't defend the clause stuff but I understand the timing and agree with it, I think we've handled it the best we could but there's still some answers needed for sure but I expect them once it's all sorted.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 30-07-23 at 12:54 PM.

Braidon Burns is off contract at the end of the year. Would he be worth signing ahead of keeping Francis? Is he ahead or behind Parker?

If we get any one of them, I'm happy, for now.

Bullemor, Alick or Jordan McLean for the other spot in the 30?

First Grader

We're not that desperate to fill the spots at the start of the season and you don't have to, There'll be something pop up somewhere.

It doesn't have to be filled the top 30 spots next year. We'll just upgrade Pahulu and Iszac most likely in the next week to fill the 30 out for this year.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 30-07-23 at 03:09 PM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    Braidon Burns is off contract at the end of the year. Would he be worth signing ahead of keeping Francis? Is he ahead or behind Parker?

If we get any one of them, I'm happy, for now.

Bullemor, Alick or Jordan McLean for the other spot in the 30?
    agreed. We don’t need to fill any more spots with run of the mill players. We need to get some quality in the team as we are a fair way off making the top 8 next year let alone top 4 IMO without the injection of some genuine talent. If we are sitting on $900 k plus for Hunt, we have the money to get some real quality in the final 2 positions.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 30-07-23 at 03:18 PM.

Just let Des come in, he will know what he wants the team structure to be. He usually likes bigger more aggressive forward packs sprinkled with some x factor in the outside backs and consistent spine players.

I think we should let him build the team he thinks we need, but also keep him away from salary cap management.

I would love to see more effort players in our team next year and more mongrel, don't getting beaten up in games - stick it to the other team. Only Tino is reliable at this, but still lacking any hard hitting defenders (we don't put fear in any other team).

Mikaele gone back to SL already

Rep Player

lol epic signing

Gus on the Goldie talking to Holbrook reads like Tino talk to me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Just let Des come in, he will know what he wants the team structure to be. He usually likes bigger more aggressive forward packs sprinkled with some x factor in the outside backs and consistent spine players.

I think we should let him build the team he thinks we need, but also keep him away from salary cap management.

I would love to see more effort players in our team next year and more mongrel, don't getting beaten up in games - stick it to the other team. Only Tino is reliable at this, but still lacking any hard hitting defenders (we don't put fear in any other team).
    Can confirm Des is certainly getting to work on our roster

First Grader

Latest media article on the contract saga in the CM

Titans star David Fifita weighs up Raiders offer, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui may commit long-term

While one Titans star could commit to the club in the coming weeks, David Fifita could postpone making a decision on his future as he weighs up a $4m deal from a rival club.

Titans star David Fifita could postpone a decision on his future until the end of the season as he weighs up a $4 million poaching raid from Canberra.

But Gold Coast captain Tino Fa’asuamaleaui may commit to a four-year extension within weeks after giving the Titans first crack at retaining him.

The Titans have made moves to lock up their two best players after the Queensland Origin duo became free agents following the sacking of coach Justin Holbrook in June.

Titans management agreed to insert clauses into Fifita and Fa’asuamaleaui’s rich contracts that allowed them to quit the club if Holbrook departed.

Incoming Titans coach Des Hasler has spoken to Fifita and Fa’asuamaleaui in attempt to keep them on the Gold Coast.

While Fa’asuamaleaui immediately entered negotiations on an upgraded and extended deal until the end of 2027, Fifita has been slower to act on the back of Canberra’s public interest.

Fifita’s manager Michael Hudson is overseas until later this month, making it more difficult to reach a resolution before the end of the NRL regular season.

Fifita and Fa’asuamaleaui have until mid-September to finalise their futures and the Titans remain only an outside chance of playing finals, meaning their season will end against the Bulldogs on September 3 unless they qualify for the play-offs.

Interim Titans coach Jim Lenihan said he had no concerns about the duo following Holbrook to his next club as he weighs up a potential move to the Bulldogs.

“They are the happiest blokes in the world,” he said with a grin.

“They love the Gold Coast and we hope they’ll stay here forever.

“I don’t think there’s any sort of threat or drama about that (Holbrook’s next move) at the moment.

“We’re more than happy with what we’ve got, who we’ve got and how it’s going.”

Titans five-eighth Kieran Foran said he hoped the duo remained on the Gold Coast ahead of Friday night’s near sellout clash with the Warriors at Cbus Super Stadium, which Fa’asuamaleaui will miss as he serves the final game of a three-match suspension.

“I haven’t had too many discussions with those boys, that is a personal decision for them to make,” Foran said.

“I’m really confident they will be here.

“They’re really loyal club guys and have built a great reputation here. They are wonderful leaders of this group, especially Tino. He’s the captain and an inspirational leader we all look to every week.

“I’m really confident those guys will hang around and be here for a number of years to come.

“We’re thinking optimistically about it. I can’t comment on their personal headspace around it.

“We’re hopeful they’ll be here. They’re an integral part of this club moving forward and we need them to be here.”

Fa’asuamaleaui, 23, has received interest from at least six rival clubs, but has indicated he will not entertain offers before the Titans make their final pitch.

The 12-Origin forward was set to become a free agent at the end of 2024 anyway due to options in his contract, so the Holbrook clause has just fast-tracked the extension process.

Fifita, 23, only re-signed with the Titans in March on a three-year extension until the end of 2026, but has found himself a free agent just three months later.

The Raiders are prepared to offer him a four-year contract worth about $1 million-a-season and are desperate to lure him to the nation’s capital after failing to land his signature earlier this year.

Titans co-owner Rebecca Frizelle said she hoped the Maroons duo remained at the club.

“We were very much aware of those clauses,” she told Fox League about sacking Holbrook.

“That’s a decision up to Dave and Tino. We have the utmost respect for both of them and would love to see them stay with the club.

“I’m confident they will because they believe in where we’re going and what we’re trying to achieve as a club.

“Tino is incredibly rare. He gives it everything. He leads by example.

“He is young and learning different aspects, but you look at his humility, commitment and pure heart he gives everything, and his loyalty.

“He is only going to get better with age and it’s up to us to make sure he’s in the right environment and has the right voices mentoring him.

“(Fifita) is so focused and disciplined and determine to win. He is buying in on the strategy and goals of the club.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Can confirm Des is certainly getting to work on our roster
    HS, understand if you can’t say much, but when you indicate Des is getting to work on our roster do you mean changes to the make up of the squad, or more changes to style of play, training, positional switches etc (or both?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    HS, understand if you can’t say much, but when you indicate Des is getting to work on our roster do you mean changes to the make up of the squad, or more changes to style of play, training, positional switches etc (or both?)
    Squad mate

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Squad mate
    Thanks mate��