Page 81 of 145 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2162
    QLD Cup

If Boyd is the soul of the club, we deserve to be the where we are on the table. I don't mean to beat up on the kid but I'd seriously take any other 7 in the comp over Boyd. I think that we did Sexton a real injustice last year in respect to developing him, but I have no doubt that he's been told to explore options. Hunt fits what we need way more than Foran ever did. If the question is whether we lose Boyd/Sexton and Foran to get Hunt for two years, I'd jump at it. Irrespective of age he is still playing Origin and is relatively injury free.

We need experience in the halves. AJ, Kini/Campbell and Verills are locked into one of those positions and we have inexperienced outside backs/backrowers who can't pick up the slack in experience. There is nobody else out there on offer who can play 7 as well as Hunt. I think that it is a no-brainer if we can pull it off.

I think he means Boyd is the soul based on effort. Pretty hard to dispute he's been a valuable part of the good things the team has done this year and his improvement is one of the biggest positives. His contributions are misunderstood at times I feel, and he's likely playing well above his salary. Our spine, all things considered, has been pretty good this year.

Hunt is a fantastic player. But you only need to look at the Dragons in recent years to see that could still mean very little in improving our ladder position. Hard to be too upset if we pulled it off because our spine would look pretty elite, but if we're leaking points like we are that won't do much to make us a contender.

First Grader

Holbrook said on Gold Coast news tonight that if AJ breaks down again they will seriously look at moving him to 6.

It is an interesting comment as it rules out centre for the foreseeable future
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 07-06-23 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Holbrook said on Gold Coast news tonight that if AJ breaks down again they will seriously look at moving him to 6.

It is an interesting comment as it rules out centre for the foreseeable future
    Very interesting

First Grader

The first clip is a shortened version of the 5.30 pm Gold Coast News Titans segment ( channel 90) where he specifically mentions a move to 6 but yes it is due to his constant injuries and the need to have him on the field.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 07-06-23 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I think he means Boyd is the soul based on effort. Pretty hard to dispute he's been a valuable part of the good things the team has done this year and his improvement is one of the biggest positives. His contributions are misunderstood at times I feel, and he's likely playing well above his salary.
    Exactly what I meant. He’s constantly on the improve. He gives everything he has each game. Still needs to run more. There’s better 7’s out there but we can’t buy the best in every position. No sombrero here. We need Bradman Best & a top Prop before anyone else.

Alamoti anybody?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Alamoti and Bradman Best currently are just worse versions of BK, They have age on their side but they are not the players we need or should be looking at. Alamoti is the worst player in the league defensively in the comp stats wise and he's on the left side of the field which is a pretty big red flag.

If you guys think BK is fustrating, Alamoti and Bradman Best would be worse for your blood pressures.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 08-06-23 at 10:25 PM.

First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...-presentation/

Sami hasn't copped much praise for his 100th this week because everyones been down on the club but he deserves a tonne, He was one of the only bright spots in the Brennan era... With Moe and AJ and it's really cool to see them all come through together and be so close.

I didn't realise AJ is Samis sons godfather, I knew they lived together growing up in u20s but thats a pretty cool thing to have guys come through our grades together be that close...

I know results mean more but that was a nice thing to see that friendship from that crew of guys. I can never question the effort those guys bring.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 09-06-23 at 08:21 AM.

Sami’s try and his all round effort, even with his glitches, shows why he should never, ever be taken off the right wing. Congratulations on reaching 100, only took 95 games and 5 coaches to find your position,
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Little interview with Foran with some pretty interesting JC chat. Sattler says that JC has always wanted a chance to be a 6 to follow in Prestons footsteps and Foran says JC is very keen to be the 6 moving forward and did a lot of work with Foran in the preseason and in the last 2 months since the injury. Thinks he is as natural at 6 as 1 and just needs some time.

2nd Half capitulations, They can't put their finger on it and are trying everything haha. Sounds like they're overthinking it more then anything. Foran wants to move into coaching when he retires.

Rep Player

Personally, I don't think JC has the passing game to be a 6, at least not at the moment.

Rep Player

Sorensen re-signed with panthers, shame

We should try sign Connor Tracey as a centre to replace Kelly?