Page 129 of 145 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2162
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Deardon jumped him but Tannah played u16's and u18's origin while winning the school comp with Keebra and being an Aus schoolboy 7 then was playing HDC at 18 at Souths, He still was highly touted.
    A lot of duds played Aus schoolboys. Not that Tanah is a dud, just saying.

Dearden is the best half prospect to come through QLD Schools in the past 5 years at least, easily. I don't think people realise how much better he was than other QLD/Aus Schools halves who have come through, at that same age group (U18's).

Every year you're gonna get Aus Schoolboys and age-group reps. And they're all going to get wraps and be highly touted in the media and by casuals. But there's def levels to it.

Rep Player

Some familiar duds that all played Australian Schoolboys: Tyronne Roberts-Davis, Thomas Mikaele, John Olive, Nathan Davis, Lloyd Perrett, Nene MacDonald, Daniel Mortimer, David Hala. Point is it doesn't mean anything in and of itself. There are levels like you say, HS.

First Grader

Yeah don't disagree there at all, We've had a few ourselves like you mentioned. I just don't think being behind Deardon was a bad thing at all.

On the hb/contract stuff, Was there a reason this year Broncos went out and used their developmental contracts on QRL vets + Tristian? Was it purely a safety net if injuries got horrible? It's different to everyone and seems kind of smart.

For us next year assuming Foran doesn't retire but is injured and can't train much again, Is it worth bringing in a Guy Hamilton/Josh Rogers on a developmental to fill in against the starters for example. The young guys get first shot but it'd keep the young guys honest at training if you got some guy trying to get his last shot in the NRL/super league and it's a bonus if we find a squad player.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Dearden is the best half prospect to come through QLD Schools in the past 5 years at least, easily. I don't think people realise how much better he was than other QLD/Aus Schools halves who have come through, at that same age group (U18's).

Every year you're gonna get Aus Schoolboys and age-group reps. And they're all going to get wraps and be highly touted in the media and by casuals. But there's def levels to it.
    Agree on Deardon and Mann I would say is also in that category.

The conversion rate from Australian Schoolboys to NRL is not that high overall.

If I recall the wraps on Boyd was that he looked like Alfie and played Australian Schoolboys and put 2 plus 2 together and got 3.

I agree he is serviceable and a backup half or utility at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Agree on Deardon and Mann I would say is also in that category.

The conversion rate from Australian Schoolboys to NRL is not that high overall.

If I recall the wraps on Boyd was that he looked like Alfie and played Australian Schoolboys and put 2 plus 2 together and got 3.

I agree he is serviceable and a backup half or utility at best.
    Yeah good shout re Ezra Mam WD

Would we make a play at Dearden, he hits the open market Nov 1?? would be a great option to bring in from 25’ IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Team Titan View Post
    Would we make a play at Dearden, he hits the open market Nov 1?? would be a great option to bring in from 25’ IMO
    Yeah could do. Big question IMO with respect to our side is whether he's ready to be a 7 and take on the responsibility of getting a team around the park, without it being detrimental to the strengths of his game at the moment as a 6. I think we're flush for 6's in our roster and extended development/emerging group. Although many would probably disagree and see him doing a job at 6 for us post-Foran, and potentially as a 7 down the track

It'll be tough to get him out of NQ. He's from up there and supported them growing up. Is close with JT (of the Thurston variety) and they share the same manager too.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 26-08-23 at 07:34 AM.

First Grader

What was the story on Kulikefu Finefeulaki as a junior as he was an Ipswich junior signed by the Cows. Every time I see him play, he is an absolute beast with tremendous leg drive and was so dominant when he came on last night with a fantastic try assist and he is only 19!!!

These are the type of juniors we need our tallent scouts identifying early as there are special players who can perform at NRL level at such a young age.

The Cows have a congo line of edge forwards with Nanai, Leilua, Luki and now Finefeulaki.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 26-08-23 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    What was the story on Kulikefu Finefeulaki as a junior as he was an Ipswich junior signed by the Cows. Every time I see him play, he is an absolute beast with tremendous leg drive and was so dominant when he came on last night with a fantastic try assist and he is only 19!!!

These are the type of juniors we need our tallent scouts identifying early as there are special players who can perform at NRL level at such a young age.

The Cows have a congo line of edge forwards with Nanai, Leilua, Luki and now Finefeulaki.
    Dane Campbell. IMO best talent spotter in the game

Dane Campbell. IMO best talent spotter in the game
    Could he come work for us ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Could he come work for us ??
    He is a brisbane boy. My son played against him

First Grader

Few things in media to do with the squad, From Jolliffe SEN interview and Triple M.

- Our players I assume said no to an official Mad Monday.

- Des went into the sheds in Melbourne to meet everyone, Will be having meetings from next week onwards with the team/players letting them know where they stand and what he expects to see when they come back for preseason as well as how he wants them to play so we'll probably start hearing who will be out the door soon.

- Jolliffe is expecting a big reality check and a lot more video sessions, Two big things Jolliffe see as issues are defence and falling away in games mentally. (Some of our guys are going to get ripped to shreds by Des hahaha)

- There was a text about AJ and JC after the Jolliffe interview and Healy said that Preston told him that he'd been involved with the plans around JC this year/next year and getting his body right which I'm assuming means moving to 6 eventually.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 01-09-23 at 10:10 AM.

I really hope JC to the halves eventuates.

Rep Player

Barring injuries, I think Foz plays on next year for one last hurrah under his old mentor while JC plays utility (or fullback if we move AJ to centre).