Page 46 of 145 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Jolliffe gone for 3-4 months
    Very disappointing news

We're up against it no doubt but now we'll really find out what our preseason was like.

Has Iszac been upgraded to the 30 or did we get special dispensation for him to play early due to injuries???

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    We're up against it no doubt but now we'll really find out what our preseason was like.

Has Iszac been upgraded to the 30 or did we get special dispensation for him to play early due to injuries???
    Upgraded I'd say

We wouldn't get dispensation with other top 30 guys available.

Shame there wasn't a big announcement about it. I think it's worth celebrating as a club.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/r...hinos-26518702

Thought It'd be best to post it here rather than discuss it in the other forum.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Appsy View Post
    https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/r...hinos-26518702

Thought It'd be best to post it here rather than discuss it in the other forum.
    Thanks Appsy, His attacking highlight package looks pretty good from YT. Definitely will bring a new avenue to our running game, we have really never had a dynamic hooker who runs the ball as much as a cook, grant, robson and even liddle nowadays.

Looks like he moves laterally from dummy half a bit like a Josh Hodgson who was great in his prime.

Apparently he has intentions of becoming England's no. 9 and some of his teammates are upset he is leaving. Mixed opinions from fans of the Super League from what I have read so far.

Here is the YT package I was referring to:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoVfJUL6Qvo
    Last edited by WolfBuddy4; 21-03-23 at 10:42 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBuddy4 View Post
    Thanks Appsy, His attacking highlight package looks pretty good from YT. Definitely will bring a new avenue to our running game, we have really never had a dynamic hooker who runs the ball as much as a cook, grant, robson and even liddle nowadays.

Looks like he moves laterally from dummy half a bit like a Josh Hodgson who was great in his prime.

Apparently he has intentions of becoming England's no. 9 and some of his teammates are upset he is leaving. Mixed opinions from fans of the Super League from what I have read so far.

Here is the YT package I was referring to:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoVfJUL6Qvo
    His passing doesn’t look too flash in that video

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    His passing doesn’t look too flash in that video
    yeah someone on reddit (Leeds supporter) said the same. Another said his defence is the worst part of his game. Sounds like he'll fit right in at the Titans.

Just as a quick roster update -

We've got 1x Top 30 spot
    and 2x Dev spots

No idea how this Leeming bloke goes but there's some really mixed reviews amongst Leeds fans. Suppose we'll see if it ends up eventuating but if they're looking for a depth piece to sign just for the rest of the year, it'd be hard to recruit anyone really let alone a 9 who are few and far between at NRL quality

The Leeming thing doesn’t do too much for me. I’ve watched a few Rhinos games and he never stood out but I was only watching casually. I would much prefer a big body like St. Helen’s Walmsley (no not like Konnie the barrel with legs).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

LEEMING isn't COOK, but he also isn't horrible. He has a kicking game and good vision. I think this isn't a horrible idea until VERRILLS is back. We need another kicking option and also vision to make the best of CAMPBELL, BRIMSON and FAFITA. He will bring them into the game more than RANDALL. His defence isnt the best, being so small but not a bad gap filler until VERRILLS is back.

TITANS FEND OFF RIVALS TO SIGN TEEN
    The Titans have had a victory in the transfer market, fending off bids from half a dozen clubs to secure the long-term signature of gun halfback Ryder Williams.

A shining star at renowned league nursery Keebra Park High School on the Gold Coast, Williams is only 17 but is turning plenty of heads.

Born in New Zealand, he's the son of former Raiders forward Jason Williams.

He will sign an NRL contract when he turns 18 later this year and move into the Titans' top grade squad in 2025 after signing a three-season deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The Leeming thing doesn’t do too much for me. I’ve watched a few Rhinos games and he never stood out but I was only watching casually. I would much prefer a big body like St. Helen’s Walmsley (no not like Konnie the barrel with legs).
    Walmsley would be superb for any club but I think if the Leeming thing is true it's only because the market doesn't offer many options that fit the criteria needed:

-Available i.e. not contracted elsehwere or been told they can leave
    -Short-term deal (and is willing to relocate if needed to be a backup for a few months with a clear starter in front of them)
    -Fits at the bottom end of the roster (salary wise)
    -Fills a need positionally
    -Isn't a kid who hasn't played sufficient football against men...we've got enough them even at 9

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    TITANS FEND OFF RIVALS TO SIGN TEEN
    The Titans have had a victory in the transfer market, fending off bids from half a dozen clubs to secure the long-term signature of gun halfback Ryder Williams.

A shining star at renowned league nursery Keebra Park High School on the Gold Coast, Williams is only 17 but is turning plenty of heads.

Born in New Zealand, he's the son of former Raiders forward Jason Williams.

He will sign an NRL contract when he turns 18 later this year and move into the Titans' top grade squad in 2025 after signing a three-season deal.
    Bit of stuff in the JTS thread and Mdrew's threads about Ryder, but he's been with us for a few years and we brought him over from NZ. Playing MM with Burleigh at the moment. Long-term prospect who's very much in progress. Joins the likes of Sam Stephenson and Cooper Bai who I expect to transition to NRL squad in 2025 from that very good U17 group. Ryder is more of a 5/8 than halfback, IMO.

A guy thats already played 191 games and happy to only play a season or two, im happy. Randall is our backup defensive, serviceable hooker, and Leeming is the sort of guy that at worst plays 15 minutes off the Bench and inject some energy and at best cover hooker for us if both our two main guys get injured.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 22-03-23 at 01:17 PM.

Back up hooker who is a hooker is good. Means we don't feel the need to use Clarke or Boyd in a pinch. The bench roster will be interesting again if it comes to fruition. We've lost some top level players already this year and it's only early.