Page 142 of 145 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2162
    First Grader

Agree that Fifita is not a middle forward. He just does not have the motor to play in the middle as he gets gassed pretty quickly and would be found out in defence. The opposition would just work him over.

In attack, his main asset is to get one on one with the opposition half to break through. Playing him in the middle, he would be gang tackled negating his asset in attack out wide.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 03-10-23 at 07:14 PM.

Bleh I don't see Fifi as a 13 either for all the reasons already mentioned.

Clark is a rubbish defender who fatigues easily and gives away dumb penalties in the process.
    Liu has been such a plodder that unless Des can shove a rocket up him, is a waste of time at 13. But the guy is reaching old man territory when it comes to football player age so I can't see him improving now.

That leaves Tino, Randall, ?? for me, both of which I'm also not a fan of playing 13.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 03-10-23 at 07:39 PM.

Out of all of our patch in locks Randall has the highest potential IMO and under Des he might just turn into into a bit of a wonder

Rep Player

I’m leaning towards Randall at 13 but still think Des could extract some value out of Liu. He has good ball playing skills for a forward and often wins the contact in D. Only concern with Randall at 13 is size.

First Grader

It's wild how quite the club is about anything at this point.

I don't know when contracts end/re-up but there's Francis, Alick and Vuna who have had zero rumours about them re-signing or signing anywhere else, Mals contract hasn't been renewed either from what I've read and ends with the others.

Haven't heard of anyone coming to us either. There was a couple rumours about Alick months ago that seemed to have ended pretty quick. Saw Mikaele is on his way back to, Wouldn't be mad at giving him a min contract + Vuna with QRL expansion coming.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 06-10-23 at 12:33 AM.

Monaghan joins beefed up coaching staff for '24

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 10:32 AM

The Gold Coast Titans have beefed up their coaching staff ahead of pre-season 2024 with Michael Monaghan to join as an NRL assistant coach.

Monaghan will join incoming head coach Des Hasler and work alongside other NRL assistants Brett White, Jim Lenihan and transition coach Brad Davis.

Monaghan has previously coached alongside Hasler at the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (2018-2022), along with stints at the Catalans Dragons in the Super League and his most recent role as Newcastle Knights NSW Cup head coach.

This followed his 293-game first grade playing career across 14 years for the Canberra Raiders, Sea Eagles and Warrington Wolves (Super League).

Titans general manager of football Anthony Laffranchi said the signing would support the learning environment that Hasler is creating.

"Des wants to help his players develop and continue to learn and by adding the experience of someone like Michael to assist Des and our existing assistants, it means we can share that load across the group," he said.

"Michael had a strong playing career and has developed into a highly-regarded assistant over the past decade, so we are excited to add his expertise to our ranks."

Monaghan will begin with the Titans from November ahead of the NRL squad returning for pre-season training.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...-staff-for-24/
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Monaghan joins beefed up coaching staff for '24

Fri 6 Oct 2023, 10:32 AM

The Gold Coast Titans have beefed up their coaching staff ahead of pre-season 2024 with Michael Monaghan to join as an NRL assistant coach.

Monaghan will join incoming head coach Des Hasler and work alongside other NRL assistants Brett White, Jim Lenihan and transition coach Brad Davis.

Monaghan has previously coached alongside Hasler at the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (2018-2022), along with stints at the Catalans Dragons in the Super League and his most recent role as Newcastle Knights NSW Cup head coach.

This followed his 293-game first grade playing career across 14 years for the Canberra Raiders, Sea Eagles and Warrington Wolves (Super League).

Titans general manager of football Anthony Laffranchi said the signing would support the learning environment that Hasler is creating.

"Des wants to help his players develop and continue to learn and by adding the experience of someone like Michael to assist Des and our existing assistants, it means we can share that load across the group," he said.

"Michael had a strong playing career and has developed into a highly-regarded assistant over the past decade, so we are excited to add his expertise to our ranks."

Monaghan will begin with the Titans from November ahead of the NRL squad returning for pre-season training.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...-staff-for-24/
    I don't want to say anything proper as to not jinx anything. But in saying that, the hype surrounding the 2024 season is slowly growing for me, and we're only a month into the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsy View Post
    I don't want to say anything proper as to not jinx anything. But in saying that, the hype surrounding the 2024 season is slowly growing for me, and we're only a month into the off season.
    Don’t get suckered into the hype.. we get it every off season and get let down every year.. I’m not getting my hopes up till I see results

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Don’t get suckered into the hype.. we get it every off season and get let down every year.. I’m not getting my hopes up till I see results
    Yeah I know I know; Until I see a winning record, the hype won't fully overcome me.

Sean Keppie anyone? Allowed to talk to other clubs with the Bunny's going after him.
    Psmitty

Des is certainly a good coach but until I see an improvement in our Swiss cheese roster in the key and obvious positions I am not going to get carried away either. The grand final showed just how far we are away from being able to seriously compete at that level ... a lot more is needed apart from an attitude change.

Keppie to me is another Stimson, not bad not great but certainly a hard nut.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Sean Keppie anyone? Allowed to talk to other clubs with the Bunny's going after him.
    I think we are well covered for middles with Tino, Mo, Lui, Izark, Jolliffe, Josiah, Ben etc. Second row is a spot they needs depth

Josh Curran apparently given permission to leave warriors and head back to Aussie. Reckon we would be sniffing around him?

Quote Originally Posted by mitchdox View Post
    Josh Curran apparently given permission to leave warriors and head back to Aussie. Reckon we would be sniffing around him?
    Wouldn't mind Curran. Not too concerned about the sniffing around him either.

A good scrub up with a bit of nivea for men shower gel and a can or two of lynx africa would get rid of that sheepy odour! Just be sure of the shower first though...otherwise you could end up smelling like a mid december woolies trolley boy.

Yeah yeah, I know...the WTB's main problem probably revolves around not washing the high vis shirt enough. You get the drift though. Sometimes from a few meters away...

Rep Player

I really rate Curran in terms of talent.