Page 108 of 145 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2162
    First Grader

Yeah I was being modest when I said I’m disappointed with him, tbh I’m pissed off at him. Carrying on like a sook and making our club look bad just because we’ve sacked an underperforming coach. We’ve brought his brother in, we’ve given his missus a netball gig, and we’ve made him the youngest captain in the club. Time to repay the loyalty mate.

Yeh I don’t get what his really trying to achieve here.. his manager doesn’t think any clubs would really match what his getting, he doesn’t intend to leave.. then what the hell is he doing? Thought he was desperate to win a premiership for the titans.. makes me 2nd guess the **** he spits out about his love for the club..

If he's a free agent then lets get on the front foot and show him the door
    As I've previously said he's not a captain's bootlace
    Any club paying this sort of money for front rowers and this includes Hass will never win a premiership

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Any club paying this sort of money for front rowers and this includes Hass will never win a premiership
    I agree with some of your points and we certainly are paying him too much money. I’m also aware that no player is bigger than the club. But losing him or Fifita (especially Tino due to him being the captain) would do irreparable damage to the club and basically undo everything we have been building. How could you convince any decent player to join us if our best player and captain left?

Then he's just obviously not the right guy and how he was ever elevated to captain is beyond me

First Grader

I expect Fifita to do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Yeah I was being modest when I said I’m disappointed with him, tbh I’m pissed off at him. Carrying on like a sook and making our club look bad just because we’ve sacked an underperforming coach. We’ve brought his brother in, we’ve given his missus a netball gig, and we’ve made him the youngest captain in the club. Time to repay the loyalty mate.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Certainly cant win a premeirship without a dominate prop either

First Grader

It's better for them to take them now then to wait till September then activate them if that's how they work. We have to remember that 25-26 are mutual years, He could became a free agent sooner then we thought anyway.

I'm not to worried, If he wants more then 1.1m a year... He's already out the door which I don't see happening. I think this will come down to a long contract, I don't know how mangers get paid but I'm sure this guy is pushing for this to happen so they can sign a new contract and he gets another payday.

They can't talk about stability when we named a winning coach the same time Holbrook got fired and everyones been told they're keeping their jobs, There's no instability. It will be a big tell how the team perform this weekend to what the vibe about this is, The teams performed well till now with has happened but this might break or make a young group.

We're also going off Tino being more loyal to Holbrook then everyone else at the club, I just don't see it haha.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 14-07-23 at 05:30 PM.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Didn't realise we were paying him that much.

Anyway, manager is doing his job by seeing what's out there but I'm disappointed in Tino as the club captain, after we invested in him early to the extent that we made him captain, that he's decided to activate the clause and test the market even if he doesn't intend on leaving. It's a bad look, drags the club through more trash, keeps us open to media speculation, unsettles the playing group and it's not like we're underpaying him. If he thinks that an underperforming coach being sacked equals instability then I think he or his management fail to grasp that he's playing professional sport for a club that actually wants to achieve something.

The instability is being caused by you activating that clause, Tino. Not the club replacing the coach.
    Bit of a story going around regarding the reason Tino didnt play against the Broncos days after Holbrook's sacking.

He might be upset more than we assumed.

First Grader

He played 3 games in like 7 days, I reckon that's complete BS. He did look angry in the sheds at Mitchell but that's natural.

It's like Foz said, This is the first time most of these guys are going through this, They'll get over it and look like they have.

He and his manager have proven he's a mercenary now. If he goes it's a massive loss that can't be replaced, if he stays he isn't the captain of the club.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    He played 3 games in like 7 days, I reckon that's complete BS. He did look angry in the sheds at Mitchell but that's natural.

It's like Foz said, This is the first time most of these guys are going through this, They'll get over it and look like they have.
    A few others on the field had olayed the same

Once again one of those moments when I can't remember seeing such a thing happen.

I agree that he is already making a lot of coin and can't milk much more. The damage to the club is really unfortunate and poorly timed.

We should be looking forward to the new age not suffering will he/won't he melodrama on the back pages.

Would have loved to have seen this shut down.

I hope this winds up quickly. And I agree, I see DF doing it too now.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

A bit disappointed in some of the posts in here tbh.

But I still think the blame also lies with the way it was handled by the club. At the time, everybody was praising how well the club handled Holbrook's axing. Little did we know of the coaching clauses attached to their contracts and the ramifications it'd have if we suddenly decided pull the trigger on him. Was the club even aware of these clauses? Did they just choose to ignore them? Did they not realise how close Tino & Holbrook were? It was pretty obvious to me how close they were...but clearly it was disregarded.

I still believe had it been handled differently, maybe more transparently, then this could have all been avoided. A tap on the shoulder to let Holbrook know this would be his last season with us would have made more sense to me, it would have given him and the playing group more time to come to terms with it...instead of scourging up a grand scheme behind him and the players' backs only to sack him suddenly in the way that they did. I said it a month or two ago that mid-season sackings just suck, they never work so we might as well have just rode out the season with him. We may have beaten a few top 8 teams this year but even in the smallest chance we made finals we weren't gonna do anything anyway.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 14-07-23 at 06:40 PM.