Page 28 of 145 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Happy New Year everyone! I'm really looking forward to a brand new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We totally need a pest real bad to lead the charge. Ennis, Maloney … !
    Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    First we need a top quality sledging coach. Whitey's no good. He goes the knuckle too quickly (remember him in SOO's). Time to give Birdy a call? LoL!
    Sledging coach. I agree, the best sledges have some research behind it and some subtly.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    Still don't wanna lose Dave though and don't think it's in his own interests to leave before the next preseason. He's likely to have a big year with us in 2023 and get better offers than he's getting now.
    I agree. I think he will have a good season and from that will have more options, and also reason to stay with us.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

With the "rumour" about the trade, Besides Horse being on probably 200k or so and a decent interchange prop, It legit wouldn't work out unless it's Papa cap wise unless we have someone coming in for around 700k. The only player we should even consider trading for is Hudson Young.

Fifita is a top 10 back rower in bad years, and even if we lose him I'd rather just cop it and go after Liam Martin who's off contract as well or just keep developing. Unless Haas (who could be incredible, just needs time), Vuna, Alick or Sam Mac have shown so much more potential than we could ever hope it wouldn't suit our squad.

Unless David becomes to big of an issue around the playing group which seems very unlikely, Trading him makes us worse this year, wrecks our balance in the team and makes Raiders way better who we are competing with in that 6-12 area hopefully.

First Grader

I too have no idea why they'd entertain the horsburgh - fifita trade but I'd love to know the reasons they would be if it is true

First Grader

I’m honestly optimistic Fifita is going to stay, he has just started a GC based clothing brand with Tino, and him, Tino and Mo have been working out together every morning. I also can’t imagine a bloke like him wanting to live in Canberra, but I guess we won’t know till a decision is made.

First Grader

Theres also nothing confirmed with his missus at Canberra and that they both just toured the facilities which happens pretty regulary, I'd assume she might be on our radar for the NRLW team, She's very talented and has played at Tweed.

First Grader

Ricky Stuart was supposedly spotted at GC airport yesterday though, hope that doesn’t mean anything.

Ah, stuff this tiptoeing around! Here's the deal, Sticky...if you want Dave, you have to give us Joe Tapine. C'mon Stick...you still owe us for taking Shannon Boyd off your hands!

Not sure if they made training today but did see D Fifita (with I think Moe) at a local coffee shop this morning

Imagine having Tino and Tapine (pretty sure they're twins) in our front row though, elite.
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...squad-preview/

Some new recruits, strong representative showings and promising young guns will have Titans fans hopeful of a better performance from their team in 2023.

Although 2022 was a disappointing year which finished well below expectations, the side recorded a positive end to the season to avoid the wooden spoon after claiming three wins from their last five games.

The side were also able to answer some of their positional questions after moving Erin Clark to lock and having a recognised hooker play dummy half (Aaron Booth before his season-ending injury) – but the question of where best to play the versatile AJ Brimson remains.

Captain Tino Fa’asuamaleaui was outstanding again and a shining light for his fellow players to follow and is one of seven current players who featured in the recent Rugby League World Cup.

Predicted Round 1 team
    1. AJ Brimson
    2. Jojo Fifita
    3. Aaron Schoupp
    4. Phil Sami
    5. Alofiana Khan-Pereira
    6. Kieran Foran
    7.Tanah Boyd
    8. Moeaki Fotuaika
    9. Sam Verrills
    10. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
    11. David Fifita
    12. Beau Fermor
    13.Erin Clark
    14. Jayden Campbell
    15. Jaimin Jolliffe
    16. Isaac Liu
    17. Joe Stimson

Other: Toby Sexton, Brian Kelly (suspended), Patrick Herbert (injured), Klese Haas, Sam McIntyre, Jacob Alick, Joseph Vuna, Paul Turner, Thomas Weaver, Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui (development), Tony Francis (development) Josiah Pahulu (development), Keano Kini (development)

New signings Kieran Foran and Sam Verrills are expected to slot straight the starting side to bolster what now looks like a strong first-choice spine.

It has been a question asked all preseason and one that is likely to continue to get asked … who will play fullback, AJ Brimson or Jayden Campbell? But with Tanah Boyd looking good at seven at the end of the season and the arrival of Foran, this is one way to get them all on the field.

Another new signing in Chris Randall will be pushing to debut for the club as well, depending on if Verrills is expected to play the full 80. With Greg Marzhew gone to the Knights, promising Burleigh Bears talent Alofiana Khan-Pereira looks on track for an NRL debut after taking out the winger of the year and top try scorer honours in the Hostplus Cup last year.

Immortal

I think that I am right to say that we still have two Top 30 spots to fill with the NRL trials coming fast. I am very intrigued to see what we do with those final two spots, do we promote within such as Tony Francis or go to the market?

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I think that I am right to say that we still have two Top 30 spots to fill with the NRL trials coming fast. I am very intrigued to see what we do with those final two spots, do we promote within such as Tony Francis or go to the market?
    WE did not even fill the top 30 spots last year is this correct? Hopefully the club chooses to fill them all this year because last year our depth was putrid with J wallace and Turner having to fill in at 9.

Not sure what is happening with Liu but the club needs a 13. The young fellas seems promising but we need one for 2023.

Schoupps got one centre spot but I think Jo Jo deserves a crack at the other one based on what the promising junior showed last year. Sami has proven time and time again he is not a centre.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    WE did not even fill the top 30 spots last year is this correct? Hopefully the club chooses to fill them all this year because last year our depth was putrid with J wallace and Turner having to fill in at 9.

Not sure what is happening with Liu but the club needs a 13. The young fellas seems promising but we need one for 2023.
    We did - every club has a requirement to fill all of the top 30 spots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titansborn'n'bred View Post
    Schoupps got one centre spot but I think Jo Jo deserves a crack at the other one based on what the promising junior showed last year. Sami has proven time and time again he is not a centre.
    Agreed and I think this is the long term plan. Challenge is that if Jojo goes to left centre R1, you've then got him in an unfamiliar position partnering with a rookie winger (Lofi), or you've got Schoupp partnering with Lofi on the right where most teams will send their attack. Each option comes with some collateral I suppose and it could be about what option is going to offer the most or carry the least risk defensively
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 06-01-23 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    They've got a few months before they need to be filled so I'd say they'll just be patient and roll with what they have going into trials, pending whatever happens with the existing roster.

You already know this but Tony's 2022 season probably went a bit under the radar and he performed very well for a 19 year old in a full season of Qcup. I think if he can have a strong pre-season and show he's continuing to improve on the field, he'll be promoted to top 30 whether it's for '23 or '24+. BK and Herbert being in their final year certainly helps him if he can show he's an NRL capable option moving forward.