Page 111 of 145 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2162
    First Grader

They were just talking about Tino on 360, Brent Read and Buzz both said they have no doubt that Tino will stay and that he would just be doing this to extend his contract so he can get some extra years and probably more money. Pretty annoying that we'll have to pay more but tbh you can't blame Tino for looking out for himself, and locking him up for longer can only be a good thing for us. Buzz also said he spoke to Tino's manager yesterday and they will be meeting with the Titans this week, and that "the manager gave him the strongest indication possible that Tino will stay." So if even Buzz isn't trying to milk this for a headline it must be pretty clear he is going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    They were just talking about Tino on 360, Brent Read and Buzz both said they have no doubt that Tino will stay and that he would just be doing this to extend his contract so he can get some extra years and probably more money. Pretty annoying that we'll have to pay more but tbh you can't blame Tino for looking out for himself, and locking him up for longer can only be a good thing for us. Buzz also said he spoke to Tino's manager yesterday and they will be meeting with the Titans this week, and that "the manager gave him the strongest indication possible that Tino will stay." So if even Buzz isn't trying to milk this for a headline it must be pretty clear he is going nowhere.
    I think the headline Ten Year Tino will be on the back pages in a few weeks

QLD Cup

I wonder how Tino would feel if we we bumped his price up then couldn’t afford Hunt. We aren’t going to win anything gif we pay overs for everybody.

‘Stop the Hunt’: Titans urged to abandon pursuit of disgruntled Dragons star
    Travis Meyn

Tanah Boyd has vowed to fight for Gold Coast’s No. 7 jersey as the Titans were urged to abandon their pursuit of Queensland Origin star Ben Hunt.

Hunt’s mooted move from the Dragons to Gold Coast has hit a crossroads, with incoming St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan refusing to release the club’s best player.

The initial firestorm surrounding Hunt’s release request has died down and he will lead the Dragons into Thursday night’s wooden spoon showdown with Wests Tigers at Wollongong.

Hunt is seeking a return to Queensland to finish his NRL career, with speculation surfacing the Titans were open to discussing a three-year contract.

But current Gold Coast halfback Boyd believes he is the club’s long-term playmaker and won’t surrender the position without a fight.

Boyd said he was determined to retain the halfback role amid the Hunt uncertainty and was constantly working on his game.

“I’m trying to always get better and work on my game any way I can,” he said.

“I’ve got to keep focusing on my game and ways I can better to help the team. I’ve got to stay positive and worry about my performances.

“If I’m doing my job I know I can contribute to the team and get the result.”

Boyd, who turns 23 next week, is one of only three Titans players (Jayden Campbell and Isaac Liu the others) to not miss a game this season heading into Saturday’s showdown with the Roosters at Cbus Super Stadium.

He was shattered to miss a crucial field goal in last Sunday’s 25-24 loss to Parramatta and had another illegally charged down by offside Eels defenders.

Former Titans coach Justin Holbrook handed Boyd the Titans’ No. 7 jersey at the start of the year and showed faith in him, with veteran five-eighth Kieran Foran also a huge fan of the diligent playmaker.

And Boyd’s manager said he was the long-term solution at halfback for the Titans instead of 305-game veteran Hunt in the twilight of his career.

“They don’t need Ben Hunt – they should stop the Hunt (pursuit), they’ve got their bloke,” said Tas Bartlett.

“I see similarities in Tanah’s start to his career to when Ben Hunt started his career. In and out of first grade, playing the utility role, coming in and out of your position.

“He’s now been given the keys this year and is having more good games than bad games.

“If he gets more reps in his position he’s only going to get better. As you get more experience, the game in the NRL slows down.

“A 23-year-old Tanah is a better option than a 33-year-old Ben Hunt.”

The Titans recently released out-of-favour halfback Toby Sexton to the Bulldogs and have the salary cap space to sign Hunt.

It remains to be seen what incoming coach Des Hasler thinks of Boyd, but Bartlett said he was coping well with the Hunt speculation.

“He has been good. If it happened two or three years ago he would have let it affect him with the head noise,” he said.

“The reality is Tanah can only control what he can control.

“Right now he knows he’s the starting halfback for this year and next year. He is under contract and the Titans haven’t asked for him to be moved or told me he is surplus.

“He is trying to win games of footy for the Titans at the moment. He is concentrating on being the best he can be, which he has shown at various stages this year.

“Foran has got a massive rap on Tanah and he’s been around long enough to know a good footballer when he sees one.”

After beating the Broncos in round 17, the Titans have lost three close contests with the Raiders, Dolphins and Eels by a combined seven points.

They have a daunting finish to the season and a win against the Roosters is crucial to keep their faint finals hopes alive and remain out of the bottom four.

“We’re showing good signs we can hang in there and putting 80-minute performances in,” Boyd said.

“It is (frustrating to lose), but in the back of your mind you know you’re not far off.

“That is the positive. I’m sure it’s going to come around. The boys are pretty eager to get a win.

“Surely soon we’ll get some luck and get a result. We’re not far off and we know that.

“We’ve just got to keep working hard. It’s a good test for us against the Chooks.”

https://www.codesports.com.au/nrl/ti...43fbf726cccaaf

- - - Updated - - -

Titans urged to abandon pursuit of Ben Hunt....by Tanah Boyd's manager hahaha

Who also manages Toby Sexton, btw

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    ‘Stop the Hunt’: Titans urged to abandon pursuit of disgruntled Dragons star
    Travis Meyn

Tanah Boyd has vowed to fight for Gold Coast’s No. 7 jersey as the Titans were urged to abandon their pursuit of Queensland Origin star Ben Hunt.

Hunt’s mooted move from the Dragons to Gold Coast has hit a crossroads, with incoming St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan refusing to release the club’s best player.

The initial firestorm surrounding Hunt’s release request has died down and he will lead the Dragons into Thursday night’s wooden spoon showdown with Wests Tigers at Wollongong.

Hunt is seeking a return to Queensland to finish his NRL career, with speculation surfacing the Titans were open to discussing a three-year contract.

But current Gold Coast halfback Boyd believes he is the club’s long-term playmaker and won’t surrender the position without a fight.

Boyd said he was determined to retain the halfback role amid the Hunt uncertainty and was constantly working on his game.

“I’m trying to always get better and work on my game any way I can,” he said.

“I’ve got to keep focusing on my game and ways I can better to help the team. I’ve got to stay positive and worry about my performances.

“If I’m doing my job I know I can contribute to the team and get the result.”

Boyd, who turns 23 next week, is one of only three Titans players (Jayden Campbell and Isaac Liu the others) to not miss a game this season heading into Saturday’s showdown with the Roosters at Cbus Super Stadium.

He was shattered to miss a crucial field goal in last Sunday’s 25-24 loss to Parramatta and had another illegally charged down by offside Eels defenders.

Former Titans coach Justin Holbrook handed Boyd the Titans’ No. 7 jersey at the start of the year and showed faith in him, with veteran five-eighth Kieran Foran also a huge fan of the diligent playmaker.

And Boyd’s manager said he was the long-term solution at halfback for the Titans instead of 305-game veteran Hunt in the twilight of his career.

“They don’t need Ben Hunt – they should stop the Hunt (pursuit), they’ve got their bloke,” said Tas Bartlett.

“I see similarities in Tanah’s start to his career to when Ben Hunt started his career. In and out of first grade, playing the utility role, coming in and out of your position.

“He’s now been given the keys this year and is having more good games than bad games.

“If he gets more reps in his position he’s only going to get better. As you get more experience, the game in the NRL slows down.

“A 23-year-old Tanah is a better option than a 33-year-old Ben Hunt.”

The Titans recently released out-of-favour halfback Toby Sexton to the Bulldogs and have the salary cap space to sign Hunt.

It remains to be seen what incoming coach Des Hasler thinks of Boyd, but Bartlett said he was coping well with the Hunt speculation.

“He has been good. If it happened two or three years ago he would have let it affect him with the head noise,” he said.

“The reality is Tanah can only control what he can control.

“Right now he knows he’s the starting halfback for this year and next year. He is under contract and the Titans haven’t asked for him to be moved or told me he is surplus.

“He is trying to win games of footy for the Titans at the moment. He is concentrating on being the best he can be, which he has shown at various stages this year.

“Foran has got a massive rap on Tanah and he’s been around long enough to know a good footballer when he sees one.”

After beating the Broncos in round 17, the Titans have lost three close contests with the Raiders, Dolphins and Eels by a combined seven points.

They have a daunting finish to the season and a win against the Roosters is crucial to keep their faint finals hopes alive and remain out of the bottom four.

“We’re showing good signs we can hang in there and putting 80-minute performances in,” Boyd said.

“It is (frustrating to lose), but in the back of your mind you know you’re not far off.

“That is the positive. I’m sure it’s going to come around. The boys are pretty eager to get a win.

“Surely soon we’ll get some luck and get a result. We’re not far off and we know that.

“We’ve just got to keep working hard. It’s a good test for us against the Chooks.”

https://www.codesports.com.au/nrl/ti...43fbf726cccaaf

- - - Updated - - -

Titans urged to abandon pursuit of Ben Hunt....by Tanah Boyd's manager hahaha

Who also manages Toby Sexton, btw
    Why is this an article lol. Travis Meyn quoting an agent gushing about how good his client is. I guess it's settled then, sign Tanah for 10 more years tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I wonder how Tino would feel if we we bumped his price up then couldn’t afford Hunt. We aren’t going to win anything gif we pay overs for everybody.
    What if we restructured him into a 7 year deal where he’s drops a bit next 2 seasons and then ratchets up when hunt retires and weaver comes in on modest coin

It’s something that’s worked in the past with manly and DCEs debut

First Grader

If I was Titans management, I would be telling t he manager to pull his head in as it is they who make recruitment decisions

Can't talk to players talk to anyone

Tino's suspension really does feed the media hype about his contract.

I'm confident things will be ok and perhaps we will have to lay out a little more coin or time extension.

It would have been nice to have a smooth course until Des arrives.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Be nice if Tino hurried up and just made his decision. Hate the bloody wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Tino's suspension really does feed the media hype about his contract.

I'm confident things will be ok and perhaps we will have to lay out a little more coin or time extension.

It would have been nice to have a smooth course until Des arrives.
    DH you always have some positive angles...which is a good thing.

I personally think this is a disgraceful act by Tino and that is based on what Tino has lead us to believe about himself and his commitment to the club....yes the TITANS. I don't ever remember Tino pleading his allegiance to the Hurricane foundation?

We all know premierships are only won by special teams and that players take unders to form these special teams (unless your the likes of the Rooters and Drongoes and you just cheat).

This is going to be very unpopular but IMO if Tino stays we will not win a premiership under his reign.
    The outcome of any deal is insignificant as the catastrophic damage to the team is irreparable.

I hate to say it but over to you Sorry for a rebuild and hopefully based around DFifiita as Kapitan..

TINO = DAMAGED GOODS (this includes his bumpers)

I for one agree with the article. 23yo Boyd is a better option than old man Hunt. Especially given the Hasler is coming next year which should see Boyd improve immensely being coached by one of the games better halfbacks.

Some of you guys in here are hilarious ��

I’m sure you’d love your customers at work calling you damaged goods for exercising your legal and bargained for rights to get a pay and conditions raise from your boss

I still think we end up with a 7 year extension making Tino a titan for life imo

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    Some of you guys in here are hilarious ��

I’m sure you’d love your customers at work calling you damaged goods for exercising your legal and bargained for rights to get a pay and conditions raise from your boss

I still think we end up with a 7 year extension making Tino a titan for life imo
    what's taking so long then

why drag it out like this

We don't have to suck up Tino's you know what when he's now gone out of his way to create an unnecessary distraction. He's already on market value, if not overs. He's a sook