Page 126 of 145 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2162
    Rep Player

I think what we need regardless of who has the C is a calming influence when things turn. Seriously I hope they get a sports psychologist in for the off season. I know we haven’t had the fade-outs that we had since Holbrook left but still it seems like when we get a lead we just seem to capitulate and it’s like watching a car crash in slow motion with just low IQ moves and panic plays. I’d like the idea of co captains say Tino and AJ. Let one lead and direct and let the other throw out captains challenges etc. Then again maybe Des turns Tino into the leader he is as born to be

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Bit of a worry when the Captain (and 10 million dollar man) comes out and says he wants Ben Hunt here.
    Tino, love him as a footballer but he's not a captains a$$h0le.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I think what we need regardless of who has the C is a calming influence when things turn. Seriously I hope they get a sports psychologist in for the off season. I know we haven’t had the fade-outs that we had since Holbrook left but still it seems like when we get a lead we just seem to capitulate and it’s like watching a car crash in slow motion with just low IQ moves and panic plays. I’d like the idea of co captains say Tino and AJ. Let one lead and direct and let the other throw out captains challenges etc. Then again maybe Des turns Tino into the leader he is as born to be
    You mean after all that, we still don't have a sports psychologist???

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    You mean after all that, we still don't have a sports psychologist???
    Mate if they keep fading out next year I’m going to need to see a psychologist to explain my addiction to torture

Not going anywhere: Fifita opens up on Coast commitment with Hasler at the helm

David Fifita's aspirations to bring the first premiership to the Gold Coast hasn't changed since the moment he made the move to the Titans in 2021.

It's why he joined alongside one of his close mates in Tino Fa'asuamaleaui to reaffirm their commitment to title success despite various reports suggesting the damaging duo could be on the move.

Returning to his devastating best this season, earning an Origin recall for Queensland and helping lead the charge on the Titans' left edge, Fifita is looking forward to continuing his journey at Parkwood until at least the end of the 2026 season, sitting down with 9 News Queensland to share his desire to stay and continue building at the club he's now played 59 NRL games for.

"Let's be real, I wasn't really going anywhere... it was just outside noise at the end of the day," he said.

"Obviously I did have that stuff there with my contract, but my team behind the scenes did a really good job to get it sorted and I just worried about playing football.

"I just want to enjoy myself here at the Titans and I'm doing that... my family's enjoying it, and I'm enjoying it and even before all the talk, I felt comfortable.

"You could see the way that in the way I've been playing and the way that I've been around the boys. I'm just happy to be here and I'm just looking forward to these next few weeks to finish strong."

Having sat down a number of times with incoming coach Des Hasler to talk about what the two-time premiership mentor will bring to the club to help enhance the 23-year-old's game, his tough love approach, especially with the team's defensive mindset, was one of the biggest draw cards for Fifita to never waver from remaining a Titan.

"I've caught up with Des a couple of times now to have a few yarns and a few cups of coffee with him... he loves his coffees (and chats)," Fifita said.

"He's a tremendous bloke and really into his rugby league with the way he speaks. He didn't go into too much detail (about this year) because he doesn't want to interact yet while the current season is still going, but I'm looking forward to working with him.

"He's really hard on his players and that's something all of us need as a group and I think Des will give us that hard defensive mindset.

"He's really brutal with defence and I'm really keen to work with him."

Lamenting not playing a part in the finals race again this season, the powerful edge forwards wants to finish 2023 on a high with their three remaining games - especially against two of the competition's best in Penrith and Melbourne, which will help set the platform for Hasler's arrival come November 1.

"It's disappointing that we have another year without playing finals but now we've just got to finish these next three games off on a high moving into the pre-season and get ready for next year," Fifita said.

"There were a few games there where we lost by very few points, so if we win those ones, we're a potential top eight side.

"I could be sitting here and saying this or that, but we don't want to be thinking that... we want to be winning and that's the main thing.

"We've got a big task this week against Penrith and no better challenge. We had a disappointing result against the Sharks last week, so it'll be good for us to give it to the Panthers."

Despite going into the clash as the heavy outsiders against the defending premiers, Fifita has every confidence his team can cause an upset, much like when they faced North Queensland at Cbus Super Stadium at the end of last month.

"One hundred percent I have all the belief in the boys [that we can get the upset]. A couple of weeks back we played the Cowboys and nobody gave us hope then," Fifita said.

"Obviously, we came up with a disappointing result last week and us boys need to bounce back. There's no better challenge and nothing to lose.

"They're coming up here as favourites and they should be... they've been playing wonderful football and they've got tremendous players all over the park, so we're really looking forward to the contest."

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...r-at-the-helm/

First Grader

We need to be talking to Bullemor ASAP, he’s currently off contract and would be great depth for us. He’s also a QLDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    We need to be talking to Bullemor ASAP, he’s currently off contract and would be great depth for us. He’s also a QLDER
    I'd give him a crack with us too tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Yeah if and that's a big if we could afford him I'd say it would be a very good signing for us

Staff Writers from Fox Sports
    December 5th, 2021 9:47 am

YOUNG PROP OPENS UP

Ethan Bullemor has opened up on his move from the Broncos to the Sea Eagles, revealing he couldn’t pass up the opportunity to work under Des Hasler.

Bullemor made his NRL debut at the Broncos last year but the club struggled during his 25-game tenure.

The 21-year-old told News Corp he wanted to taste success so made the move to Manly, who finished fourth on the ladder this season.

“For myself, I got to a point where I felt like I wanted to be succeeding more than I was,” he told The Daily Telegraph.

******* I didn't realise he was such a big unit at 193cm
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 18-08-23 at 09:33 PM.

Apparently Tino's contract is only confirmed for the first 3 seasons, and then he can leave any time after that

If that's true, what is the go with that?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Apparently Tino's contract is only confirmed for the first 3 seasons, and then he can leave any time after that

At this point I don't even care

First Grader

The ratchet clause is due in 2027 which is when the cap is scheduled to have another decent bump, Same reason everyone but Tino is getting signed till 2026.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 18-08-23 at 10:15 PM.

Surely he can't have yet ANOTHER opt out clause.. Surely we aren't that dumb. Although we were that dumb in the first place.

I’m not too bothered by that.

If we improve as much as we should under Des, Tino wont be going anywhere.

If we’re still crap I wouldn’t begrudge him giving up on us! Hewont be the only one

First Grader

Was having a look through mdrews junior posts and saw Antioch Faitala-Mariner who I'm assuming is Raymonds brother?

RFM could be a good pick up to add a bit of leadership in the group as well as play all the forward positions from memory + sounds like he's not wanted by the Dogs. I'm not really sure what's going on with the rumours about training but with all the injuries they had, I think he spoke up for everyone and is being thrown to the wolves.

Him or Bullemor would be the targets if we're going after who both have connections to Des.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 19-08-23 at 01:36 PM.

Like RFM a lot.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.