Page 109 of 145 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2162

I still love Tino and for the time being my opinion is unchanged.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

So if he is a free agent, once the 3 month period is over, his contract resumes and we pretend it didn't happen?

I doubt thats likely, as in the event he doesn't leave - I'm sure we are going to be up for some taxation and an extra 100k a year or something

- - - Updated - - -

How did we go from likely gaining an origin player in Ben Hunt and beating Brisbane, to losing our two best players inside a week lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    So if he is a free agent, once the 3 month period is over, his contract resumes and we pretend it didn't happen?

I doubt thats likely, as in the event he doesn't leave - I'm sure we are going to be up for some taxation and an extra 100k a year or something

- - - Updated - - -

How did we go from likely gaining an origin player in Ben Hunt and beating Brisbane, to losing our two best players inside a week lol.
    and losing a feeder club.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    We have money in the cap when we're going after Hunt with 900k according to papers???? I'm more mad at everyone here not trusting Tino and David... Saying they'll be abandoning the club because Holbrook got fired...

Let's stop assuming BS about these dudes untill they let a hint of leaving out..... It's ****ing Badel, Buzz and Meyn..... These dudes are looking for anything, probably here.

I trust these guys will stay here because they love the area, their team and teammates...

I'm not scared at all of these guys leaving and if everyone here doesn't trust the club or these guys that much to re-sign... Wtf are we even doing???? This shouldn't be a thing till we hear there's an official meeting somewhere...

If they leave for Holbrook and want to be average which I doubt.. Peace there's six kids coming through. Whoever signed these deals needs a big smack though.
    is activating the clause a big enough hint for us to worry now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    and losing a feeder club.
    yeah exactly.

IF this is a money play. surely his manager and Mitchell could have got in a room and just said, Tino is disappointed with recent events, but want titans to have first option at keeping him. whats bets offer.

Mitchell can avoid a PR nightmare and pro actively announce an upgrade based on Tino continued rise as a leader, rep player and one of the best forwards in the game.

And we never get to the clause being triggered.

First Grader

Not really for me, I always thought it was going to be taken by how the managers spoke, I still don't think there's been any hint of wanting to leave from either of them.

Not really for me, I always thought it was going to be taken by how the managers spoke, I still don't think there's been any hint of wanting to leave from either of them.
    why even activate the clause then?

First Grader

Because re-doing a contract is always going to be heavily pushed for the payday, Maybe Tino wants another 3/4 years? I'm not saying it's great but just because they activate the clause doesn't mean they want to leave or are.

Guys are getting signed up till 2028 and longer on big deals, Maybe Tinos wants the security, He's in the best form of his career and you never know when a big injury could happen, If the chance is there to get more security you always do it from a players perspective.

I blame the club way more for being weak when these guys re-signed and giving them these clauses.

First Grader

Extremely disappointed in Tino. To be earning that much, the club clearly trying to do the right thing by the fans and sponsors and ultimately the players, and he turns around and does this.

I couldn't be more disappointed in the bloke, I think it hurts because I genuinely believed in him and thought he really loved the club and the area, and wanted to be apart of our future. He was deadset my favourite titan ever.

At this point I think its worth making contact with Haas and seeing how much it'd cost to bring him here. He has family, plus his brother here, plus Tino has showed this club, the sponsors and the fans no respect or unstanding for wanting better. Putting his personal feelings and connection to one man before the love of thousands for their club, community and area as a whole.

Haas wanted to be a million dollar player and that's exactly what we have made tino and this is what we get in return.

**** I'm so disappointed in him
    Last edited by Upthetits; 14-07-23 at 09:38 PM.

It’s a very average look as a club and makes me question his integrity as a person to have your captain, already on max coin, someone who’s talked about his desire and how much it’d mean to win a premiership here (far more likely to occur under the guidance of Dessy than Hollbrook mind you) and has actively encouraged others to resign. If it was about longevity in the contract, surely that could’ve been arranged behind closed doors without having to activate this clause and let this play out through the media circus. I would’ve expected DF to play this game before Tino, no doubt DF will follow suit. As stated, it makes remaining captain of this club you love so much, a little awkward moving forward. A captain should be displaying a team first mentality rather than an individual first approach.

I guess we now know who leaked the existence of the clause. So disappointed. Even if he stays there is no way he can remain as captain. He needs to grow up and realise that a successful club is more than one person.
    Straight swap for Haas anyone?

Because re-doing a contract is always going to be heavily pushed for the payday, Maybe Tino wants another 3/4 years? I'm not saying it's great but just because they activate the clause doesn't mean they want to leave or are.

Guys are getting signed up till 2028 and longer on big deals, Maybe Tinos wants the security, He's in the best form of his career and you never know when a big injury could happen, If the chance is there to get more security you always do it from a players perspective.

I blame the club way more for being weak when these guys re-signed and giving them these clauses.
    Then why activate a clause and become a free agent, just renegotiate the clause out of the contract with your existing club. Love your optimism but seen this and seen these words from the player before. DCE and Arrow jump to mind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I guess we now know who leaked the existence of the clause. So disappointed. Even if he stays there is no way he can remain as captain. He needs to grow up and realise that a successful club is more than one person.
    Straight swap for Haas anyone?
    I'd definitely be in contact with his agent. Need a plan B

Yeah Tino's done us dirty here. I'd hit Brisbane up for a Haas swap.

This might burn bridges for Tino with the club and fans. I'm sure the club will insist on removing those mutual options for the next two years if we do attempt to renegotiate with him.

We've literally given him everything he could want and he gets the sads because we sacked his loser mate coach.

He's full of crap, just like a Holbrook press conference.

Junior

I used to really like Tino and thought he was buying into our building culture.
    If those salary amounts are correct I not so sure he is worth it.
    I think AJ and JC could get more elsewhere but they believe in OUR dream to one day win a comp.
    As for the coach clause, look at Ben Hunt, if a player doesn't want to be at a club you won't hold them, they will white ant or play dead until they are released.
    A big NO to Haas from me, he has too much baggage

Quote Originally Posted by Seaside Garbo View Post
    I used to really like Tino and thought he was buying into our building culture.
    If those salary amounts are correct I not so sure he is worth it.
    I think AJ and JC could get more elsewhere but they believe in OUR dream to one day win a comp.
    As for the coach clause, look at Ben Hunt, if a player doesn't want to be at a club you won't hold them, they will white ant or play dead until they are released.
    I don't want Haas either for the same reason you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaside Garbo View Post
    Yeah I think that opinion is fair. Haas is a known dhead and has his comical annual sook about his contract.

I can totally understand not wanting him on $1million + a season.

Tino is a better bloke but also probably doesn't have quite as a high a ceiling as Haas.

Tino has shown he is also a bit two-faced so we find ourselves in a bit of a conundrum. His actions don't seem to align to his words.