Page 10 of 145 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Iszac Fa'asuamaleaui locked in long-term with Titans
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...m-with-titans/here

The Fa’asuamaleaui family will call the Gold Coast home long-term, with Iszac joining older brother and Titans captain Tino in locking in his future at the club.

The younger of the Fa’asuamaleaui brothers will remain at the Titans as a development player in 2023, before moving into the club’s top 30 contracted list for 2024 and 2025.

Fa’asuamaleaui has been part of the Future Titans program, with his move through the club’s pathway system culminating in a Hostplus Cup debut for Burleigh in 2022.

After making the move from the Bears' Colts side in 2021 to their Cup side in 2022, the 20-year-old notched 14 appearances for the Titans affiliate this season.

Titans coach Justin Holbrook says he’s excited to see Iszac graduate to the NRL squad on a full-time basis.

“Iszac is a familiar face around Parkwood, having come through our junior system and having done some work with us on the training field last year,” Holbrook said.

“He’s also been involved in the admin side of the business as a trainee, so he’s got a real understanding of the club and what we are looking to build here on the Coast.

“He’s a middle forward like his brother and while he has a lot of the same traits that we see in Tino we’re also keen to see the evolution of Iszac as a player in his own right.

“In our first week back for pre-season, he is already setting the standard and is consistently at the top of our fitness testing which shows the type of athlete that he is.

“He’s a hard worker and someone who is keen to learn and I’ve no doubt that we’ll see him join his brother in a Titans jersey in the not too distant future.”
    The performance for Iszac was really impressive. It looks like they convince themselves to do it.
    I have nothing against Iszac. I expect him to help the team a lot!
    Last edited by DarOv; 18-11-22 at 10:05 PM.

Boom, Pahulu onto Development contract and extended until 2025.

SIGNINGS
    History-making captain graduates to Titans NRL squad
    Author
    Titans.com.au
    Timestamp
    Tue 8 Nov 2022, 08:01 AM
    Share on social media
    Share via Facebook
    Share via Twitter
    Share via Reddit
    Share via Email
    The Gold Coast Titans have been bolstered by the signing of young powerhouse forward Josiah Pahulu, joining the club until the end of the 2025 season.

Making history captaining Ipswich State High School to their first Queensland and National Schoolboys titles, the 18-year-old is also a graduate of the Future Titans pathway system, joining the Coast's junior program in 2019.

Alongside his team accolades, Pahulu's 2022 campaign was by far his most successful individually, representing Queensland in both the Under 19 State of Origin clash and Australian School National Championships.

These honours culminated in an Australian Schoolboys call-up which saw the dynamic middle third join fellow Titans Keano Kini and Arama Hau in representing the green and gold in Fiji last month.

Josiah Pahulu in action for Queensland Under 19s. Photo: Gregg Porteous/NRL Images
    Josiah Pahulu in action for Queensland Under 19s. Photo: Gregg Porteous/NRL Images
    Titans coach Justin Holbrook is pleased to have Pahulu progress as a product of the Gold Coast's pathways system.

"Josiah is an impressive young player with a tremendous work ethic and it's great to see him graduate from the club's Future Titans program into our NRL top squad," Holbrook said.

“He’s a middle forward with the ability to play big minutes up front, which was seen this year with his time at Ipswich State High School and representing his state and country.

"Another impressive quality is his leadership capabilities, with him being a natural mentor for his peers around him.

"He has a bright future ahead here at the club and I look forward to seeing him develop through the grades before no doubt getting his opportunity to play in the NRL sometime soon."

Pahulu becomes the fourth and final development player to join the Titans roster for the 2023 season.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Nice signing.

Pahulu is my one to watch of the young guns bar Keano Kini, hope to see him play some QCup this year.

First Grader

Great news!!

First Grader

Apparently Aaron schoupp from bulldogs has told team mates he's accepted an offer to go to titans for 2023 onwards

Don't know what to think...

Thought spry was going to get a run or Tony Francis?

Fun fact, Schoupp was actually a handy goal kicker coming through the grades

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Apparently Aaron schoupp from bulldogs has told team mates he's accepted an offer to go to titans for 2023 onwards

I rate it. Others have mentioned previously about the issues within our backs in the lack of diversity in the body profiles. Schoupp is 102kg and 21 years of age.

Comparison for the other centre contenders:
    Jojo 91kg
    Kelly 94kg
    Sami 96kg
    Herbert 94kg
    Francis 89kg

At the end of the day, if it improves competition for spots it is a win for me.

First Grader

From what I’ve seen of him and read I’m pretty pleased with this signing. Dogs fans are devastated to losing him, saying how he’s aggressive and “has the dogs DNA”. If he can kick goals like HS said than ever better. Jojo Schoupp centre pairing next year?

Good young centre. But I am still concerned at our lack of a goal kicker for next season.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post

That’s a great pickup. Good young centre with speed. Hopefully it means I never see Herbert in a titans jersey again

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    I rate it. Others have mentioned previously about the issues within our backs in the lack of diversity in the body profiles. Schoupp is 102kg and 21 years of age.

Jojo 91kg
    Kelly 94kg
    Sami 96kg
    Herbert 94kg
    Francis 89kg

100%. I didn't realise he was only 21 either.

Spry should be top 30 as well so it should create some real competition for spots from some emerging players.

Worth noting that BK and Herbert are both off contract end of 2023.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post

Jojo 91kg
    Kelly 94kg
    Sami 96kg
    Herbert 94kg
    Francis 89kg

No way is Schoupp that big. Wikipedia has him listed at 98 kg.

QLD Cup

Spry looks like he’s training with the squad at the moment judging by the latest clip from the performance team (unless I’m seeing things). You’d have to assume that he takes a spot. They also referenced Booth as well. Is there an ability with the cap to pay somebody outside the top 30?