Page 138 of 145 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2162
    First Grader

I really hope we get Hunt as unfortunately I don't think Tanah is good enough to make us a top 8 side and Weaver isn't ready for it yet. With that said though, if we can't sign him for 2024 then I don't want him at all. He will be too old to be bringing him in in 2025, and it also means we have another wasted year with a stopgap half.

First Grader

Sean Keppie has been given permission to negotiate with other clubs.

He is a big body, hits hard and can play lock as well as prop.

From the little I have dem him he seemed alright

I've really liked what I've seen of Keppie. I'd be happy with him.

Other interesting players off contract in 2024 are:
    Piakura, Kolomatangi, Dearden, Tass, Reimis Smith, Kiraz and Conner Tracey. I'd be happy signing any or all of those at the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Sean Keppie has been given permission to negotiate with other clubs.

He is a big body, hits hard and can play lock as well as prop.

From the little I have dem him he seemed alright
    Would't Des know this guy's potential pretty well?

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    I've really liked what I've seen of Keppie. I'd be happy with him.

Other interesting players off contract in 2024 are:
    Piakura, Kolomatangi, Dearden, Tass, Reimis Smith, Kiraz and Conner Tracey. I'd be happy signing any or all of those at the right price.
    those players are all off contract at the end of 2024 i.e. for 2025 yeah? I anticipate half of them will be re-signed before they even get to open market. I'm not sure spending more big money on an edge makes sense (Piakura/Koloamatangi), but an extra OB of to round out that room would be a popular addition I think. Ideally one with some yardage if they're not keen on using Maumalo.

Doubt the Cows let Dearden genuinely go to open market.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 16-09-23 at 07:44 AM.

Rep Player

Dogs could be dumb enough to let Kiraz go

First Grader

My issue with Hunt even if we don't give up anyone is that I'm still not sure he puts us in the top 4/makes us a contender in the next two years that he'd be around (maybe 2026) and then we're back at square one potentially with no experienced halves because Foran wants to stick around as well beyond this year he said on the news the other day if his body holds up. I'd be fine with Hunt if we didn't have Foran playing.

Broncos and Penrith will still be way ahead of everyone and that's going to need time to catch up on, a lot of the other teams are getting better and we don't really have the finals experience to win a grand final in two years.

I agree on Tannah and think Foran and JC should be the halves next year but I don't think Tannah is a problem either, A lot of our chokes and problems where in other areas, He's not winning us games in play (didn't have much help outside him tbf) but he's a good goal kicker which did help us win games this year. I'm hopeful we are a different team next year with how young our squad is + the Des factor improving a lot of guys.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 16-09-23 at 11:30 AM.

Rep Player

Foran played 20 games this year. I could see him going again in 2025 if he has a similar year in 2024. What he has lost in agility and line breaking ability he more than makes up for in direction and line break assists I reckon. The effect he had on Fifita this year was immense.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    I 100% would not give up any of them or Mo for Hunt.

If you put a gun to my head probably AJ given injury history but I want no part of that.
    Interesting. It’s fair enough not wanting Hunt, I guess the reason why I ask though is at some point we’re going to have to make some tough decisions. If JC doesn’t work out in the halves or elsewhere and AJ doesn’t want to shift from fullback we’re going to have 3 very good fullbacks on our books taking up a lot of roster space. Realistically we only need one of them, two at a stretch. Add in the fact that we have two left side second rowers and outside backs that are all of the same build and our roster seems to be a little out of sorts.

I don’t see us having all three fullbacks on the books by the end of next year. I know there’s massive raps on Kini but his height and build is always going to work against him. If we can get a decent player in return he’d be the one I’d be looking at letting go.

I'm with the Birdman here. If they were only fullbacks and incapable elsewhere on the paddock, I'd agree with you NZFan but Brimmo may well be a better 6 or centre and he doesn't get to choose. JC may also be better elsewhere. Only Kini looks like a FB or bust but he's just a kid and will grow. I'd be keeping all three and making it work.

And I don't want Hunt regardless.

I also think we should be signing Mo and Weaver in the coming weeks.

You make a good point about having two left edge backrowers and I'm really keen to see how Fermor plays on the right next year. That's the only reason I've mentioned Kolomatangi above. Can you imagine our pack with him added? He'd do a lot for us there. I'm not sure but it's possible Piakura might develop into a good middle too. He looks more versatile to me but I could be wrong about that. Interested in other views on this.

Worth noting that Reimis Smith was brought into first grade by Des at Canterbury. He'd be a solid right centre signing for us, especially if we can get him earlier than end of 2024. He's 26 now.
    Last edited by MaroonTitan; 17-09-23 at 02:38 PM.

I think Hasler will rejig the way we spread our talent eg Fifita and Fermor sharing that left edge with Fermor’s athleticism spreading big minutes with a roving role and/or Difita spending time in the middle in rotation. The FB conundrum is another where Hasler won’t allow stereotypes but eke out individual strengths.

Our right edge defense is what interests and worries me the most. Kaloamatangi and Remeis Smith would fix that immediately.

I don’t want Hunt although I like him but he’s not what we really need.
    Last edited by Titanic; 17-09-23 at 02:46 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Would't Des know this guy's potential pretty well?
    Personally I think he's a player we really should avoid

He tries hard but he's got some shockers in him in terms of errors and penalties. We're low IQ enough as it is

First Grader

Fifitas always been a right side player and still is imo especially with Fermor who's 100% a left side forward due to his carry, Fifitas never really had anyone good outside him good at setting him up and our left sides been our attacking point so I think he's just happy getting the ball way more in good ways + Foran this year.

I'd have Foran moving to 7 with him and JC at 6 doing a majority of the kicking which he's proven he can do imo. I was a bit worried about it with how good Fifita has been on the left but I think you can fix that with Foran + at 7 Foran probably doesn't get hit as much so he's on the field more.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 19-09-23 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Personally I think he's a player we really should avoid

He tries hard but he's got some shockers in him in terms of errors and penalties. We're low IQ enough as it is
    Yeah that's the way I see it but if Des did push the button then I'd say Keppie must have upside we don't get to see.

First Grader

I was surprised to see no one mention Hunt's recent comments on here, what do we all think of it? The media are labelling it as "Hunt rules the Titans out of contention", but I basically took it as him saying he's keen to come here but just not sure if we can afford him.

Here is what he said for reference.

“I’ve kind of not thought about it, but any team (in Queensland) is definitely an option,” Hunt said on Triple M.

“Whether the Titans can fit you in is another thing.

“The Titans have thrown a bit of money around lately, so I don’t know whether that can even happen.”