Page 61 of 145 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    I think we'll see AJ or someone else at 6 by next year anyway, I don't see Foran playing another year if he keeps up the way he's been. He looks a bit old on the field, That first Brisbane try was so soft.
    Rewatch that try and watch BK.

Foran should’ve done better but BK may as well have been credited with a try assist for the Broncos

First Grader

I think we'll see AJ or someone else at 6 by next year anyway, I don't see Foran playing another year if he keeps up the way he's been. He looks a bit old on the field, That first Brisbane try was so soft.
    To be fair, have a look at the replay and you will find Riki was stopped half a metre from the try line and then BK comes in 3rd man from the back and his impact pushed Riki over the try line. Another bad play by BK where the try should not have occurred

First Grader

Yeah very true after watching, had to listen on radio. Looks like Jojo had a cracker in the Tweed game looking at his stats on the wing, I guess they see Sami as the replacement if they drop Kelly.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 19-04-23 at 05:23 PM.

I think a lot of the Luai dislike comes from his cockiness over the last few years which he's earned the right to be with that team and probably an element of racism from certain people. People like To'o and he's the most religious player in that team.

You are bringing up all this LGBT stuff, noone here has said anything, It seems it's on your mind as much as the redditors apparently. Did you used to be on reddit?
    Arrogance, cockiness, stomping on Cobbo's head last year, plus a few other incidents we've seen from him both on and off the field. Those are the reasons I and many other people dislike Lui.

Maybe the echo chamber description of this place was a bit of a stretch. Forgive me because I'm still pissed off over last night's loss as everybody else should be. But my point was that I think it's just as important to venture outside of the fan forum bubble because there's so many more diverse opinions from fans across the game who don't hold the same level of bias towards the club as we do. And I do believe reddit is one of those places, whether you like the platform or not. Couldn't give a stuff about the politics side of things so that's entirely irrelevant to me. LU used to be okay as well but that place as taken a massive tumble over the past however many years.

Just sayin'

Seriously mate watch the replay on that try...try assist to Kelly and best wedge try of the year (only because its an illegal play)

sorry didn't see Wd earlier post
    cheers
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 16-04-23 at 07:25 PM.

Yeah very true after watching, had to listen on radio. Looks like Jojo had a cracker in the Tweed game looking at his stats on the wing besides 2 errors, I guess they see Sami as the replacement if they drop Kelly.
    The match is on kayo and it was a good one. Spry and jojo were hard to contain, unlucky not to have scored more down their edge

It’s interesting titans seem to have all their forwards at Burleigh and their premier backline dev (-Francis) at tweed

I’m wondering why they don’t just stack one team for cohesiveness but maybe it’s a negotiation with the feeder clubs aswell

As good as it is for the two feeder clubs to have access to the squad’s players I don’t see how it helps our system or their systems with the constant disruptions. I feel we should bring back our Reggies and the feeder clubs have a branding/resources relationship with us and a player channel through our B team. Just saying.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    The match is on kayo and it was a good one. Spry and jojo were hard to contain, unlucky not to have scored more down their edge

It’s interesting titans seem to have all their forwards at Burleigh and their premier backline dev (-Francis) at tweed

I’m wondering why they don’t just stack one team for cohesiveness but maybe it’s a negotiation with the feeder clubs aswell
    Did you happen to notice the 2 Tweed forwards. Hass and McIntyre, top two in the game for run meters . Might explain why the edges looked flashy!

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    “Guys who are coming in at their early 20s all look like 10 year NRL players” - what?! Who? What halfbacks are you referring to? Not 5/8’s.

Respectfully Cowabunga, I don’t think you’re really assessing Tanah’s contribution properly or you’re leaning on confirmation bias or have misaligned expectations. He’s doing fine and improving. But worst case all we’re doing is raising the floor of the position group. There’s isn’t a basket of 10-year guaranteed star NRL halfbacks to just go and pick someone out of.

And what on earth are “NRL level skills” lol

We lost last night because we conceded 43 points. Don’t overthink it
    10 year NRL veteran Sam Walker just got dropped to reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    As good as it is for the two feeder clubs to have access to the squad’s players I don’t see how it helps our system or their systems with the constant disruptions. I feel we should bring back our Reggies and the feeder clubs have a branding/resources relationship with us and a player channel through our B team. Just saying.
    Reserve grade side has its advantages and disadvantages

Fwiw I like the current system because I like watching cup footy but removing nrl dev players from the clubs would hurt us in the long run as the nsw teams already have theirs in place. Unless we did the nsw model and ran a titans team in qcup as well as signing dev players to feeder clubs

I know i vehemently dislike the national reserve grade idea that Gould put forward. Way too much expense and would kill qcup footy interest and prestige which he wants to do

Yep, I wasn’t thinking of a reserve grade comp but putting a team in QCup and channeling the development system through the Bears and Tweed to ensure their prosperity. Anyway good debate.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Pretty sure QRL have been fighting it massive because it'd weaken the comp llike you guys said and it'd just turn into Titans, Cowboys, Broncos and Dolphins comp, I think they may have even threatened not accepting any NRL players in the last year for some reason so we'd have nowhere to send guys.

I think everyone would prefer us having a QRL team, It'd just have to be at the sacrifice of the league haha and I do love my Bears.

I do think a national reserves comp is a legit chance under this admin, they just want more money and content whenever possible.

V’Landys’ grand plan is for every fixture to become a triple-header, with a men’s reserve grade competition playing before the women. “Part of the tribalism of rugby league is you want to be able to see up and coming players, if a player gets dropped you want to be able to watch them play reserve grade,” V’Landys said.
    I remember this a year ago, He might've f'd himself by taking such a crap tv deal which needs a massive investigation.

Rep Player

We should chase Isaiah Tass if Souths sign Wighton. Has looked very impressive, particularly in D.

I don’t know where to drop this so this thread will do..

I have googled but cannot find/confirm how long players go into camp for origin. From memory it is a week…so 7 days give or take. Is that correct? If it is then we are not that badly affected as our last game leading into SOO 1 is 10 days prior and 13 days prior for SOO 2. So if I am right (or I am about to be made out a d1ck) everyone will be available. The 3rd SOO is only 3 days after our home game against the Dolphins so this should be the only game where we will be impacted.

First Grader

Apparently Lofi is about to sign a 2 year extension.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 20-04-23 at 08:38 PM.