Page 88 of 145 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2162
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titansborn'n'bred View Post
    Very interesting article just posted on Fox sports about the Ben Hunt movements (dunno how to repost sorry but it’s open source) Basically, Phil Rothfield suggesting only way Drsgons may consider breaking contract is if he was to move back Qld on compassionate grounds and Hunts that keen to immediately make this swap he’s willing to contribute $150k of his own money as a settler to Dragons
    Fox Sports Article

Disgruntled Dragons skipper Ben Hunt is reportedly willing to pay $150,000 of his own money to leave the club immediately.

Hunt dropped a bombshell on the club over the weekend when his management put a release request in writing after first asking for one two weeks ago.

The veteran halfback has grown disillusioned with St George Illawarra’s front office in the wake of the club sacking coach Anthony Griffin.

Hunt has until August 7 to make a mid-season move and the 33-year-old has already been linked with the Titans and Bulldogs.

“I’m told that Ben Hunt is so desperate to get out of St George Illawarra that they might even offer a financial settlement to make it more attractive for the Dragons,” Phil Rothfield said on Big Sports Breakfast Radio.

“So they not only get rid of his million-dollar a year contract, but they might throw in some cash, something like $150,000 to get an immediate release.

“That’s the shock of this story, that he wants out straight away and it’s not the end of the year.

“Clubs are obviously monitoring it very closely and it’s not secret Phil Gould and Cameron Ciraldo have been banging on his door and feel he is the final piece to their buzzle to build a premiership winning side at Belmore.”

But Rothfield believes the Dragons will only release Hunt on personal grounds to allow him to move back to Queensland.

“Look I don’t think St George Illawarra would release him in any way to a Sydney club,” he said.

“If he was to talk about his family and his parents who live in Yeppoon and parents-in-law who live in Toowoomba, it might be a different story if that’s the reason he wants to leave the club.

“Ben Hunt, he’s not angry but he’s really down and out at the moment at the cub, I’m sure he’ll be up Origin but his manager told me it was all about the management at St George Illawarra, the chief executive and the chairman and the Anthony Griffin sacking, Jason Ryles talks, no one turned up to his 300th game dinner, barbecue-gate, three players turned up to the presentation night last year. Player misbehaviour, Junior Amone on charges this year.

“It’s been so messy and I just think he wants a break from all that.

“I don’t see the point in keeping him. I saw Shane Flanagan at Cronulla at the football yesterday and he’s convinced once he gets the opportunity to properly sit down with him and explain his vision and how things are going to change at the club, he’s very hopeful that he can convince him (to stay) but I’m not so sure.

“There’s only about three months of his salary to pay this year and if he is prepared to throw in a $150,000 in himself to get out, it might be attractive for the Dragons to move him on and start rebuilding, it’s not as if they don’t have other halves options.”

Amazing to hear from the Dragons CEO that it's all going to be ok and just a process to work through and address Hunt's concerns (which the CEO noted are mainly football related, i.e. not the club itself or the management).

And then from Buzz it's the complete opposite. And a quote from Hunt's manager suggests the same:

“He still cares about the players and the team,” said his agent Col Davis.

“He’s never once mentioned he doesn’t like playing with them … but the management have worn him down.”

It is interesting that the Hunt issue has been going on for the last couple of weeks behind the scenes. It is also interesting that we heard a couple of weeks ago that we were looking to get rid or one or two of our halves and they are being shopped around and told to look elsewhere. Hunt wants out immediately so he has something lined up elsewhere. That is obviously us and we are shopping around Toby and such because of this.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    It is interesting that the Hunt issue has been going on for the last couple of weeks behind the scenes. It is also interesting that we heard a couple of weeks ago that we were looking to get rid or one or two of our halves and they are being shopped around and told to look elsewhere. Hunt wants out immediately so he has something lined up elsewhere. That is obviously us and we are shopping around Toby and such because of this.
    We tried to sign him and couldn’t so we got Foran. I think Ben maybe has signers remorse and griffin was literally the only thing keeping him there

The only half I don’t want to lose over this is weaver. I’d even consider sacrificing JC on a swap deal if it got hunt up here this season

Thinking about our obvious lack of a middle and im just abstracting here, but its possible that Holbrook could use his ST helens connection to bring over Luke Thompson for a value deal since there arnt many other middles to pick from.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Thinking about our obvious lack of a middle and im just abstracting here, but its possible that Holbrook could use his ST helens connection to bring over Luke Thompson for a value deal since there arnt many other middles to pick from.
    Isn't Luke Thompson at doggies?

I do like the shout though

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Isn't Luke Thompson at doggies?

I do like the shout though
    yes, and hasn't played a game all year due to injury.

First Grader

Nah Thompsons a broken man, pretty certain he won’t be playing again this year.

Dobbo just said on the radio “The Titans is where Hunt wants to go, he wants to play with the forward pack he plays with for QLD”

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Nah Thompsons a broken man, pretty certain he won’t be playing again this year.

Dobbo just said on the radio “The Titans is where Hunt wants to go, he wants to play with the forward pack he plays with for QLD”
    Tino and Moe working the deal behind closed doors lmao

Junior

i still think the dolphins are in the background

Good news for those of you who do not want Hunt at the club. Apparently after having a bit of a look the Roosters have found some money under the cap that they can use to get Hunt.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Good news for those of you who do not want Hunt at the club. Apparently after having a bit of a look the Roosters have found some money under the cap that they can use to get Hunt.
    I think the only way Hunts going to be able to get out of the remainder of his current contract with the Dragons is to pull the ‘compassionate grounds’ card. As his family all reside in Queensland it’d make sense that’s where he’d be heading.

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    We tried to sign him and couldn’t so we got Foran. I think Ben maybe has signers remorse and griffin was literally the only thing keeping him there

The only half I don’t want to lose over this is weaver. I’d even consider sacrificing JC on a swap deal if it got hunt up here this season
    I can't take the idea of swapping JC for a 33 year old Hunt seriously.

There is no need to give away anyone decent. This will fester and they'll have to let him go anyway.

I also remember Hunt goes through long periods (seasons at a time) where his play is quite inconsistent too. If we get him for next to nothing great, otherwise hard pass. He doesn't exactly stuff the win column like elite top tier players tend to.

I really hope we get him. He brings leadership and a win now attitude. Think we could offer Foran a retirement package to go into coaching and we let go of sexton.

The way I see it is if we don’t get him and the roosters do then we either get walker or Leary which aren’t bad alternatives. Time will tell but I’m very confident that he’s on his way here.