Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior

If you are a member of their supporter's club (to drink, eat and play the pokies, no interest in footy) are you automatically made a member?

Quote Originally Posted by Seaside Garbo View Post
    If you are a member of their supporter's club (to drink, eat and play the pokies, no interest in footy) are you automatically made a member?
    Nah it's separate. Those are Leagues Club members. These are all Dolphins NRL memberships. Although Redcliffe Leagues Club claims to have "over 40,000 members".
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

We're supposedly at 13,000+ members for this year!

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/..._source=Eloqua

Quote Originally Posted by Appsy View Post
    We're supposedly at 13,000+ members for this year!

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/..._source=Eloqua
    I heard Steve say that as well but that includes non ticketed members of which there's quite a lot. Steve can sometimes be a little over enthusiastic with figures as he said he wants names for everyone of the seats at Cbus and said at 13,000 we are nearly half way there. That is not true and I would think when taken into account ticketed members only we would be more like a quarter of the way there. I'm cautious with Titans announcements just like the breathless announcement that a player has resigned for three years and then we later find out there is a get out clause after a year or so.
    Nonetheless, our crowds have held up very well this year and the sky is the limit if we ever became a consistent winning team. I know from your LU posts you are a keen crowd counter and for your info I bought a couple of extra tickets for friends this morning for Sunday and the pax was 13,500 so not tracking too bad.

The 13000 members will be genuine ticketed members. Other clubs Include pets and kid clinic attendees in there membership numbers but Titans don’t.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Great to have another crowd watcher on board. I'm always checking out the crowd watch thread on LU. I think we have a lot of potential on the Coast.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    The 13000 members will be genuine ticketed members. Other clubs Include pets and kid clinic attendees in there membership numbers but Titans don’t.
    I don't think that's correct BT but if you know for certain I'm happy to hear it. The Titans have a number of membership options that don't include games. I'm a member of Manly as well but don't have a membership package that includes any match tickets. I'm counted as a member.
    I think the pet counting was stopped years ago after a direction from head office. The only mob that count clinic attendees is AFL who ridiculously count kids that do the Auskick kick and giggle at school.

First Grader

The Titans have a number of membership options that don't include games. I'm a member of Manly as well but don't have a membership package that includes any match tickets. I'm counted as a member.
    Every club includes these people. It's signing up for a membership?? Our ticket sales are higher and there's clearly been way more people at games this year no matter the team we're playing.4

There's been more advertisement for the Titans around the GC this year then I've ever seen in the clubs history, There's been 4 game membership deals on bustops, busses, ads on different radio stations and everything else possible.

This is the first year I've really seen Titans go hard in local advertising.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 02-09-23 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Every club includes these people. It's signing up for a membership?? Our ticket sales are higher and there's clearly been way more people at games this year no matter the team we're playing.
    Correct. I didn't say that they shouldn't count them. My point was that a large number of members are not ticketed memberships. The number of club members often has no connection to crowds they get at games.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Correct. I didn't say that they shouldn't count them. My point was that a large number of members are not ticketed memberships. The number of club members often has no connection to crowds they get at games.
    Our crowds are up this year, Even for smaller teams. I edited my post before but that might explain a bit.

It might not be 13k but it's much healthier then it's been for years + don't forget the Des effect..
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 01-09-23 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Our crowds are up this year, Even for smaller teams. I edited my post before but that might explain a bit.

It might not be 13k but it's much healthier then it's been for years + don't forget the Des effect.. Old ladies love Des, My mum included.
    Your mum might not class herself as an old lady! My missus thinks he is mad, and there are times when he has been involved with Manly that I've wanted to kill him, but he is what this club needs right now. Just keep him away from cap management.

I agree there has been a much bigger community uptake with the Titans this year and my neighbours either side took out 4 game memberships this year for the first time. The Des factor has ensured that they'll renew next year.

A rising tide lifts all boats. It would be good to get some clarity on the numbers but I feel we are matching apples with apples at least in 2023 terms with other NRL clubs.

Hopefully we can welcome back some of our old fans who have slipped away over the years. Plenty of new fans coming on board, inspired by local heroes.

I was happy to get to a couple Titans home games (I have a full season ticketed membership) and reconnect with the fanbase after a few years being stuck out of Oz. I love our fanbase and I am getting 07-10 vibes and possibly better because that was always going to be a sugar hit. Now it feels like we have laid some ground work.

Can't wait to have Des on deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I heard Steve say that as well but that includes non ticketed members of which there's quite a lot. Steve can sometimes be a little over enthusiastic with figures as he said he wants names for everyone of the seats at Cbus and said at 13,000 we are nearly half way there. That is not true and I would think when taken into account ticketed members only we would be more like a quarter of the way there. I'm cautious with Titans announcements just like the breathless announcement that a player has resigned for three years and then we later find out there is a get out clause after a year or so.
    Nonetheless, our crowds have held up very well this year and the sky is the limit if we ever became a consistent winning team. I know from your LU posts you are a keen crowd counter and for your info I bought a couple of extra tickets for friends this morning for Sunday and the pax was 13,500 so not tracking too bad.
    I would say our member numbers are more legit than the Suns who claim to have 23,000 this year (does NOT reflect in their attendance). But like others have said on here, they include auskick numbers as 'members'.

Also glad to see more Titans fans being crowd watchers too. Our average this year is nearly at 20,000 per game, which is such a huge improvement on the past, well decade. Good to know the Pax is around 13,500. Really hoping for at least 15,000+, but the Dragons game earlier in the season drew sub 13k, so who knows at this point, CBUS is very hard to calculate.

No need to calculate, just go here with a calculator and you can get the official data: https://www.austadiums.com/sport/rugby-league/results

Attendances are well up on previous years and there has been no negative Holbrook blow back. It’s understandable because there is no doubt we are the most entertaining losing team in history … you’ve got to be a large part masochist to follow our mob.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Membership opt-in emails for existing members in 2024 are expected to be sent out either this week coming or the next.