Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Great find DH
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I thought our guys acquitted themselves well. Tino was Tino, Jojo got a lot of game time and I hope Fermor didn't slip a disc with his antics at the end of the game.

PNG suffered on the scoreboard by blooding lower grade players but that will help them in the WC so good on them for sticking at it. Gebe could have been superstar and would be one of the unluckiest players, a bit like the late Aquila Emil. When they add Alex Johnson, Xavier Coates, Jacob Alick, Reece Martin, Lachlan Lam, Justin Olam and whoever else I've missed they will get a few wins.
    Last edited by Titanic; 26-09-22 at 12:23 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

On PNG...

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I just got back from the US so have missed all the finals. Thank you for the Fermor highlight reel above. How he doesn't make Origin is beyond me

Banned

Beau Fermor can't defend that's why

Wagga Wagga to World Cup: The proud link Jolliffe has to Ireland
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...as-to-ireland/

One may ponder how a country boy who grew up in Wagga Wagga will run out for Ireland in this year's Rugby League World Cup in the United Kingdom.

But the solution is simple for Jaimin Jolliffe... and the ability to represent his family couldn't make the Gold Coast Titans prop any more proud as he prepares to travel abroad.

"I'm really excited. Obviously, it's a great chance for me to represent my family and do them proud," he said.

"It'll allow me to just experience a different style of football as well, so I can't wait."

Th 26-year-old's grandmother on his father's side was born and raised in Northern Ireland, which is why he'll don the iconic green Wolfhounds colours at the upcoming tournament.

The honour to do so will also pay tribute to his late great grandmother, who would've been immensely proud to see him continue to represent his family's strong Irish ancestry.

"My nan on my father's side, she was born and raised in Ireland, but moved over when she was about eight or nine from a county down in Northern Ireland," Jolliffe explained.

"That's the link. She didn't spend too much time there and she doesn't have the accent anymore, but if you look at her, she's this little Irish woman with the red hair.

"Playing for Ireland is just a chance to represent her and I know that my great grandmother, she's obviously passed on, but she'd be so proud as well, so it's just a chance to do the family proud."

Among New Zealand, Jamaica and Lebanon in Group C, the hard-running front rower is looking forward to facing off against some of the world's best - especially up against the Kiwis who have been penned as the competition favourites - with a great opportunity to progress through to the semi-finals given their draw.

"It's going to be a big challenge and I think it's going to be a great chance to test myself against some of the best players in the world. We obviously have Lebanon and New Zealand in our pool along with Jamaica," Jolliffe said.

"The Kiwis have probably been the best team in the world at the moment, so just to be able to take the field and go up against some of those guys will be really exciting.

Jolliffe will be joined by Roosters half Luke Keary as the other NRL representative to travel to the Northern Hemisphere, with the pair to depart this Tuesday, ahead of entering camp to prepare for their first clash against the Reggae Warriors on Sunday, October 16.

"I fly over on Tuesday and when we arrive there, we'll have a couple of days with a bit of light running just to get accustomed to it over there and then we'll jump into it in order to start preparing for Jamaica," he said.

"I think we might be doing a bit of a controlled opposed session against Samoa as well, so it'll just be a chance to sort of put some footy together against a different opposition."

World Cup watch: Alick named in Kumuls squad
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...rld-cup-watch/

Welcome to the Gold Coast Titans' Rugby League World Cup watch, covering all the selections ahead of the tournament commencing in the United Kingdom in October.

Jacob Alick will be a handy addition to the Papua New Guinea Kumuls with the 23-year-old in the final 24 player squad to head across to the UK.

Despite not playing in the Prime Minister's XIII clash last weekend, the edge forward will play a key role in Stanley Topend's side after an impressive International debut earlier in the year against Fiji in the Pacific Test.

Earlier...

A big season from captain Tino Fa'asuamaleaui has just got bigger with the 22-year-old named in the Kangaroos side to head abroad.

A huge performance for the Prime Minister's XIII against Papua New Guinea all but sealed his place in the team, which has been confirmed today.

Three of the club's NRLW players will wear the green and gold, with Lauren Brown, Shannon Mato and Evania Pelite named for the Jillaroos.

New Zealand have finalised their World Cup squads with a total of seven Gold Coast representatives wearing the Kiwi jersey in the UK.

Isaac Liu and incoming Titan Kieran Foran will take part in the Men's campaign; meanwhile, Madison Bartlett, Georgia Hale, Hailee-Jay Maunsell, Roxy Murdoch and Apii Nicholls will be make up the 24-player squad for the Ferns.

Jaimin Jolliffe will head abroad with the Wolfhounds, announced in Ireland's squad to compete at the World Cup.

Of Irish descent through his grandmother, the Titans prop forward will be a welcomed addition for the 12th world-ranked side, adding plenty of experience and go forward to their forward pack.

He will be joined by fellow NRL star Luke Keary, who has also been named in their 24-man squad.

Gold Coast Titans star David Fifita has been named alongside teammate Moeaki Fotuaika in a powerful Mate Ma'a Tonga squad ahead of the upcoming World Cup in England.

Tonga coach Kristian Woolf has chosen 38 players in the extended squad - which includes the two Titans - and faces a difficult task to trim the number to 24 before the tournament, with Fifita one of the new faces yet to represent the Pacific nation.

Fotuaika represented his heritage earlier this year against New Zealand and is excited to have been considered for the campaign by Woolf.

Meanwhile; three Titans have been considered for the Kiwis with Michael Maguire naming his extended squad ahead of their first match against Lebanon.

Isaac Liu and incoming half Kieran Foran are both expected to make the final 24 to head abroad at season's end, whilst Erin Clark was also considered but was forced to be withdrawn due to continuing to recover from knee surgery last month.