Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    vCash

^^^^ thanks Toads, that was a good read.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Media or not for a player with the ability of Hayne he needs to be called out. Is trial by media ideal? no. Is being dropped by the leadership group? yes I absolutely love that and if it had been handled in house that shows a great club culture. However, watching him be completely gassed last week was disappointing. All that off season to get his fitness up regardless of the injury or what his percentage he is at he just looked to have nothing in the tank. Contrast that with Paasi and Hurrell who were both injured (paasi i thought wasnt due back til later on) and they just ran with every single ounce of strength they had. I know its a different position but I just want to see that kind of effort and commitment from Hayne.

For Hayne to put an end to all this he needs to come out and show it on the field. Remember Shane Warne. The media circus that always surrounded his bonehead moves off the pitch always seemed forgotten when the game would roll around and he would unleash a devastating spell. I am a supporter of Hayne and im really thinking we see something special out of him this week

vCash

You always sway me toads.

If hayne doesnt show up tomorrow ill be alot more concerned.

He needs to be going at at least a try a week if hes going to earn himself back in my books.

- - - Updated - - -

You always sway me toads.

If hayne doesnt show up tomorrow ill be alot more concerned.

He needs to be going at at least a try a week if hes going to earn himself back in my books.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    "..and why should I?" Because an opinions not worth writing (and certainly not worth reading) if it's not well considered. I can stand by my opinion that the Earth is flat, it doesn't make it any better considered. You know perfectly well that professional players play underdone or short of match practice all the time. I bet you'd allow others that consideration. This Hayne bashing is starting to look like tall poppy stuff.
    "Well considered" and being of any literary value have little to do with whether I was prepared to factor-in his pre-season injury. I wasn't and whether you agree or not is purely a differing of opinion. As for Hayne bashing, I do take umbrage at that because as I stated I only want him to have a good dig and he didn't in my opinion, hardly a bashing ... but there again we can disagree.

Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

vCash

Jarryd Hayne needs to win back trust of Titans teammates, writes Darren Lockyer

DARREN LOCKYER, The Courier-Mail
    March 10, 2017 6:36pm
    Subscriber only

FOR all the drama surrounding Jarryd Hayne, and the white noise swirling around his Gold Coast club, the equation today for the code’s most naturally talented athlete is pretty simple.

It is time for Hayne to win back some trust.

Players can handle external criticism. You can accept the pressures that come with intense media analysis.

What always cuts deepest, what always resonates most, is the opinion of your teammates.

In a team sport, to lose the trust of your peers is the ultimate form of pressure and a condemnation of your identity within the four walls of the dressingroom.

I hope Jarryd’s relationship with his Titans teammates is not toxic, as much for the player himself as for a squad that punched above its weight to make the finals last season.

Jarryd Hayne during a training session. Photo: David Clark

From the outside looking in, it seems Hayne has lost some trust among the players but he can fix that pretty quickly on Saturday with a blinder against Newcastle.

When Hayne runs out, it is critical he appreciates his value to the Titans and the potential repercussions for himself and the club if he refuses to be committed to the cause.

I don’t believe a week of fierce media commentary has affected the Titans’ playing group. What is relevant is the dynamic between Hayne and the rest of the squad. I sense the media talk has potentially driven a wedge between him and the team.

If cracks are there, the level to which Hayne is prepared to buy into and uphold the Titans’ cultural standards will determine just how vast the chasm grows.

If the Titans lose on Saturday and Hayne misfires again, the pressure will be amplified. If they win and Hayne plays well, the conversation about his commitment to the club will ease.

Ultimately, it will take more than a good 80-minute performance from Hayne to repair the damage of the past week. His day-to-day ethos is equally important.

Jarryd Hayne watches on during a training session. Photo: David Clark

There is little room in the NRL these days for poor trainers. Fifteen or 20 years ago, there was a certain latitude. The competition was not as tight or intense on a week-to-week basis. Those who were more gifted could probably cut a few corners and still fire in games.

Such is the quality of athlete now, a lazy trainer is found out in the heat of battle. I’m not saying Hayne is lazy, but he certainly cannot afford to be.

Johnathan Thurston is special because he is as gifted as he is hard working. JT sets the standard at Cowboys training. He takes no shortcuts. That has to be Hayne’s mantra in the coming weeks and months.

Hayne’s Round 1 performance was a worrying sign for the Titans. As fullback, he needs to be involved.

When people are happy at a club, they will play with enthusiasm. On Saturday, for Titans fans, I hope Hayne plays accordingly.

It is way too early to be discussing whether Hayne should be moved on, but his future at the club will emerge in the fullness of time.

At his best, there is no better sight. I would hate to see Hayne fade away after giving the fans so many magnificent memories.

The ball is in his court. His talent is undisputed, but there is another ‘T’ word that Jarryd Hayne now needs more than ever ... trust.

Source: couriermail.com.au

I wanna confirm, I wanna conform

vCash

This is brilliant... But I am not singling out anyone in particular..

https://www.boston.com/sports/colleg...age-goes-viral

Oh, I seem to have accidentally dropped this into a Hayne thread.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by shamus;
    Oh, I seem to have accidentally dropped this into a Hayne thread.
    Damn shame that.

He is bang on with everything he says in that video. Every young kid that takes up a team sport should watch it. In fact, it could be regarded a compulsory viewing for everyone as there's skills in there that could help folks with every day life.

Just something I've noticed with Jarryd at times when fronting the media. His top eyelids will drop a lil' and he draws back in on himself a tad, while he'll reposition his stance to a more solid/defensive composure. It's something I've only picked up on since he has returned to Australia, and considering the drilling he's copped from the Aussie Media since he went to the NFL, you can't blame the guy. It's probably what triggered the twitter rants.

So to some extent, I do feel for the guy. But he can sort that out (Aussie Media) very quickly, by playing some quality footy for the entire 80 minutes.

Last edited by Toads; Yesterday at 01:05 PM.
    I wanna confirm, I wanna conform

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    But he can sort that out (Aussie Media) very quickly, by playing some quality footy for the entire 80 minutes.
    to be fair to the guy he really hasnt the opportunity to play 80 minutes of footy yet. He was returning from almost a month off in round 1 and in round 2 when he was starting to look alright he hurt his ankle.

im still on the fence with him. i think we would've won friday night if he was there or not but we still need time to work on the combos and that and everyone being injured isnt doing us favors unfortunately