Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Hayne Plane

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Consider that one vote for The People's Champion (or whatever) if we must take that route.
    Now that's what I'm talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    "If they think that things are going on in the team, look at the scoreboard. You tell me what you see."
    What I saw after the game was Hayne, McQueen and Roberts stay long after the rest to have pics and sign stuff with the common people ... I know a lot of that's scripted but it goes a long way to winning hearts and minds.

Also some Knights bloke asked Roberts to "come back to Newwie" and got a definitive "not happening".

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Titanic; 29-04-17 at 07:33 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

vCash

PLANE SPEAKING

A DEFIANT Jarryd Hayne has blasted suggestions he is a toxic influence at the Titans and vowed to prove “idiots” wrong by being a matchwinning force for the Gold Coast.

In one of the most candid interviews of his career, Hayne insisted he was a team player and labelled claims he had a bad attitude as “dribble”.

The Dally M star is reportedly on the nose with Sydney clubs, who are said to have no interest in signing Hayne after his turbulent first eight months at the Titans.

But in his 10th match for the Titans on Saturday night, Hayne produced arguably his best game for the club, scoring two tries to inspire a 38-8 rout of the Knights.

A slew of detractors, including former Broncos skipper Justin Hodges, have questioned Hayne’s contribution to the Titans culture, but the NSW Origin hopeful hit back yesterday.

“When you look at the way we played (on Saturday), it shows you how much bull**** it is,” Hayne said of claims he didn’t fit into the team.

“I’m not good for the team ... OK, we won 38-8, tell me what’s up now?

“It’s just the dribble that goes on. I let my football do the talking and that will speak louder than anyone’s comments, words or articles.

“When you let your football do the talking, they (the critics) will look like idiots. We showed that (against the Knights).”

Throughout his decorated career, Hayne has often been described as aloof and difficult to coach.

But the former Australian Test star says a footballing portfolio featuring 186 NRL games, 11 Tests and 20 Origin matches is evidence he is not a self-centred renegade.

In pre-season, Hayne was briefly kicked out of the Titans’ leadership group amid concerns from senior players over his dedication to training.

“The criticism is rubbish more than anything,” he said.

“Your teammates speak volumes for you and I’ve not heard one thing from them (about not being a team player).

“I’ve heard that from what people (outside the club) perceive or look at.

“Maybe it’s because I don’t show emotion. It is what it is. But at the end of the day, I’ve been in this league for 10 years.

“People need to wake up to themselves. I’m not some second-year kid. I’ve made as many rep teams as I can remember and if don’t have a good attitude, you don’t make those sides.

“I just want to be out there with the guys. We had a long **** pre-season and you want to get out there and play. A win like that makes it worthwhile.”

Gold Coast utility Tyrone Roberts said Hayne had earned the respect of Titans teammates.

“He is fine, he has settled in well,” he said.

“What happened in preseason has h a p p e n e d but his attitude is 100 per cent and we are behind him.

“It would be good for the club if he stayed, he is a great player. He just sees things two plays ahead and can slow the game down, that’s what makes him so good.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Originally Posted by Moejoe

REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

NUTS

vCash

Justin the Journalist and Jimmy the Judas should book in together for their pap smears now.

vCash

I'm all for Jarryd to let his football do the talking, but it's not panning out that way. As per the article above. I say give 'em (media) nothing, take 'em nowhere..

Also, the final scoreboard doesn't tell the full story. That first half was quite a woeful effort by many. The Knights should've been closed out of the game after the first 40 minutes.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives

vCash

Yes Toads, quite right. There seems to be selective memory of our performance and although it's easy enough to get caught up in the euphoria of the final score, the first half was awful and the first twenty woeful.

vCash

Yeah play like that in the first half against Melbourne and they will do to us what they did to St Merge in the first half on Sunday.

I watched the warm up on Saturday and I thought it was very lackadaisical, I was watching the Assistants out there and nobody was driving standards in their enthusiasm, it mildly concerned me.

Having said that I've done some Coaching over the years and the warm up quality I've found gives no indication as to how a team starts a game.

vCash

We start games slow. Our first 20 minutes is lacklustre but we need to back it up with solid defence. We shouldve held the knights scoreless.

Our defence needs to drastically improve but melbourne will be weakened. Start the game strong. Put on a few quick tries

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    We start games slow. Our first 20 minutes is lacklustre but we need to back it up with solid defence. We shouldve held the knights scoreless.

Our defence needs to drastically improve but melbourne will be weakened. Start the game strong. Put on a few quick tries
    Am I missing something, how will they be weakened?
    They will miss Asofa-Solomona but I think that Tohu Harris more than covers Welch.

Last edited by ozynorts; 03-05-17 at 10:49 AM.

vCash

Gold Coast Titans young gun Ash Taylor reveals truth behind Jarryd Hayne’s blow-ups

ASH Taylor says he’s happy to cop a spray from Jarryd Hayne — and dish one out to his more senior Gold Coast teammate — if it’s in the best interests of the NRL team.

Hayne and halfback Taylor have argued on-field at times prompting outside criticism of Hayne’s attitude and approach to teammates.

But Taylor on Monday dismissed it as natural tension between creative players trying to get a result for their team.

“He (Hayne) is just trying to do the best for our team and so am I, that’s just competitive nature,” said Taylor on Monday.

“There’s other players out there who speak a bit differently, but he’ll (Hayne) cop one back if he needs one.”

Mostly picked at fullback this season, Hayne has been bobbing up in the halves at times to get his hands on the ball in attack.

Interestingly coach Neil Henry posted him to centre in the last-round 38-8 drubbing of Newcastle, with Tyrone Roberts at fullback and Kane Elgey partnering the gifted Taylor in the halves.

Henry said it was the best fit with all of those key players available and Hayne responded by scoring two tries in another strong display.

Taylor insisted he was unconcerned at chopping and changing with his halves partner, whether it be Roberts, Elgey or Hayne.

“I try not to change how I play, that just makes it harder on me,” he said.

“I want to be consistent no matter who’s in the halves and play the best footy I can.”

There is set to be more changes for the Titans with injured centre Dale Copley (ribs) likely to return for the Gold Coast when they take on Melbourne next round.

His return will cause another welcome selection headache for Henry.

“All of the boys are playing out of their skin in their positions so it’s going to be hard to name the squad but it’s a good thing for us,” Taylor said.

“It shows we have a lot of depth at our club, it’s going to be pretty tough to get a spot in the side.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

NUTS

vCash

Haha Ash Taylor ... spoken like someone not in the firing line for demotion

vCash

NUTS

vCash

So in summary his ego/arrogance has gone to a new level. After all, his stats speak for themselves (since he's been with us).

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives

Junior
    vCash

Must have been 'dreaming' when he dropped Game 2.

vCash

I would just like to say, as a fan of both the Titans and QLD, tonight is the first time Hayne has had a truly great game for the team I support!!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!