Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Campbell needs to learn how to pass it seriously
    I think i said that a couple of weeks ago when the JC vs AJ FB question was asked.

Good win, hate seeing the late comebacks though, doesn't help the blood pressure.

How good is it to see McIntyre at dummy half and it pseudo works hahahaha

Good change of pace for us and a wins a win

First Grader

We actually had pretty solid line speed most of the game and we were hitting hard in tackles.

Proud of the boys they deserved to finally crack a win, been building towards it for a few weeks now. If we can play like that for the last few games we will surely get another win or 2

Woohoo and all that, but Manly were awful.

Banned

If only we could lose 10 straight every week and turn up a performance like this

Good to get the W

Effort areas were better and we executed better with the ball. Manly weren’t great but we were still better than we’ve been for a long time. Deserved to win.

Edge defence especially on the right still really weak but our yardage D was improved for the most part I thought.

@JB agree seeing Sam Mac completely investing in his role as a hooker is brilliant hahaha

First Grader

Our line speed in the first half was pretty good but fell away a bit in the 2nd half.

All of Manly’s 4 tries came from the next set of 6 after a Titan error. That set is usually a KPI in defence so it is something to work on.

All up, a much improved performance with increased effort areas which was so pleasing.

Great win and need to make it 2 in a row next week.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think i said that a couple of weeks ago when the JC vs AJ FB question was asked.

Good win, hate seeing the late comebacks though, doesn't help the blood pressure.

How good is it to see McIntyre at dummy half and it pseudo works hahahaha

Good change of pace for us and a wins a win
    Yep JB we actually look better when Mac is the dummy
    Him off the bench to give a hooker a breather is pretty smart and he covers a fair few positions (Mac's effort was great today).

First Grader

The only time we competed for the ball, I think it was JoJo, we got a dropped ball from Manly. I think it had been the only time all year and we got a result. Hope Holbrook took note of that and starts to get that effort much more often.

The forwards were very good and especially considering Marz bench spot was not used (well not really)

So happy to get A win. Two points: forwards looked better without Tino. Backs looked much better again without Sexton. Sexton we have discussed ad nauseum but I have for sometime held back from commenting that Tino tries to do too much and disrupts the flow of the pack … just saying. Love Tino but like Fifita he isn’t being used properly. And yes JB Campbell really doesn’t pass creatively. Sammy Mac lol gotta love his and Jolliffe’s efforts.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Agree re Tino. He has been impressive this year but his inability to offload or ball play has contributed to our attack regressing. Liu looked good in the middle and our attack flowed a lot better off the back of it. Joliffe was also particularly good in his first stint yesterday.

Where has that AJ been all year? It has been so frustrating to watch his transition to 6. That was the sort of display that I expected from the start of the season but it's taken till rnd 22 for it to come out. If he got himself that involved every week we wouldn't have needed to look at Foran. Perhaps he thought of it as an audition for next year.

T - whilst I really like Boyd, in all of the games that Sexton played this year he didn't get to play behind a forward pack going forward like that. I'll be reserving judgement till I see him playing off the back foot every set.

It's pretty clear that Holbrooks game plan is to kick long to the corners and to get in the grind. Both Boyd and Sexton have been critiqued for executing that plan but what has let us down is we don't know how to get into the grind. Our forwards really stepped up yesterday which is where (I believe) we won the match. Let's see if we can back it up next week.

With you NZ my comment about Sexton wasn’t an endorsement of Boyd although he’s shown notable improvement.

Also I’m not getting carried away by that. Manly were ordinary and we still leaked 24.
    Last edited by Titanic; 16-08-22 at 03:01 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Woohoo and all that, but Manly were awful.
    Agreed. I look forward to a time when we beat top sides that are playing well.

Tino’s win/loss percentage as Captain must suck. Haven’t bothered working it out but got to be the worst in the league (no fault to him of course). Poor ba$tard, it still hasn’t changed even after our win. ��

He was a poor choice as captain. But we didn't have a great field of contenders.
    The guy should be first picked every week and gives 100%, he's just not a leader at this stage. Foran must be captain next year.