Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 22: TITANS vs MANLY (2022)

TITANS vs MANLY
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Would like to see
    1. Campbell
    2. Fifita
    3. Francis
    4. Sami
    5. Khan- pereira
    6. Brimson
    7. Sexton
    8. Mo
    9. Boyd
    10. Tino
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Clarke
    14. ESE ese
    15. Liu
    16. McIntyre
    17. Alick

QLD Cup

It would be good for some young blokes to get some NRL experience as long as it doesn't upset the Burleigh and Tweed teams.

Banned

I have 5000 dollars on corey thompson to score first try
    And erin clark to start at hooker

I thinks it’s finally happened. The Forum has “ Team List Fatigue “. Never though I’d see the day. Although I must admit my 12 yr old son opened the team list up saw Herbert listed and GM on the bench , grunted and then turned if phone off.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I can just see Manly pouring through that right edge and up the guts and ... I'll stop before I become suicidal.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I can just see Manly pouring through that right edge and up the guts and ... I'll stop before I become suicidal.
    I have a full wine fridge for when I get home after the game
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

QLD Cup

Geez! I know it's their job but the guys who write the press release for the team announcement must go home mentally exhausted. How to develop excitement for a sad sack team that gets smashed each week and make it seem like they are going great.

The writers must get help from the coach.

"They only scored because two of our players slipped over." "We matched them but it was just a few little things that let us down."

Apologies for being cynical. Its just been 15 years of the same ol same ol.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Geez! I know it's their job but the guys who write the press release for the team announcement must go home mentally exhausted. How to develop excitement for a sad sack team that gets smashed each week and make it seem like they are going great.

The writers must get help from the coach.

"They only scored because two of our players slipped over." "We matched them but it was just a few little things that let us down."

Apologies for being cynical. Its just been 15 years of the same ol same ol.
    Hahaha it's so true. "Hey Justin we're just doing the teamlist announcement again *sigh* how can we make it sound like we aren't completely miserable and haven't given up on this season? Cheers"

I'm not going to lie, I was hoping Sam Mac would be starting in Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I'm not going to lie, I was hoping Sam Mac would be starting in Hooker
    Me too Indo. I thought he went pretty well and if Coach wants to make a name for himself why not revolutionalise 9's. Large mobile bodies coming out of the ruck. D.Fifita showed how to do it. Sammy Mac had a good shot last week. Why do you need to be a small body at all? You don't have to swing off two neanderthals in a scrum anymore. Just as long as you can pass, tackle, kick a bit, scoot, off-load and have a decent motor? I say, all large bodies rise up and be heard! No longer do you need to be button-holed as knuckle draggers or canon fodder! Rise up and take what's yours! It's time.

And while I'm on my soapbox I have a title for the 2022 Titans: The Tele Tubby Titans. Can you equate each player with one of: Po, Dipsy, Tinky Winky and Laa-Laa? I'll bet you can.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

There's literally nothing to be excited about for this game. Watching Booth make a decent fist of hooker was the only saving grace the last few weeks.

9. Clark is the white flag before a ball is even kicked

It also looks like the club is determined to persist with our obvious failure of a coach next year even if we end the season with 3 wins and on a 12+ game losing streak. It's almost like the club wants to fail.
    Last edited by The Birdman; 09-08-22 at 09:04 PM.

Yes Birdman I'm been starting to think the whole Titans thing is a tax dodge because surely nobody could make this many bad decisions by accident.

NRL Preview: Clark returns to hooker; Foran good to go
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...an-good-to-go/

The Titans look to climb up the ladder when they host the Sea Eagles at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday.

The Sea Eagles find themselves two games out of the eight on the back of three straight losses and must turn things around quickly if they hope to be part of the finals action.

When these sides met in Round 6 it was Manly racing to a 24-4 half-time lead before taking their foot off the gas in the second term and hanging on to win 26-18.

The Rundown

Team news
    Titans: Erin Clark returns to hooker after the season-ending knee injury to Aaron Booth and Issac Liu moves into the starting side at lock. Tanah Boyd remains at halfback with Toby Sexton named in the reserves after being rested last week. Patrick Herbert returns from injury on the wing so Greg Marzhew goes to the bench.

Sea Eagles: Toafofoa Sipley has been named to start at prop with Taniela Paseka sidelined by a knee injury. Josh Aloiai returns from a knee injury on the bench but Sean Keppie (shoulder) has not been named. Veteran five-eighth Kieran Foran has been named to play despite suffering a hamstring injury against the Eels.

Key match-up
    Tino Fa'asuamaleaui v Martin Taupau: The Titans have endured a tough season but it could have been harder if not for the heroic efforts of their young skipper, who is churning out 155 metres per game to go with 50 tackle breaks and 28 tackles per match. Always willing to put his hand up for the tough carries, Fa'asuamaleaui will again lead from the front and he'll match motors with a committed Manly pack led by 218-game hardhead Taupau. The 32-year-old has been playing at the elite level for more than a decade and he'll be doing everything in his power to lift Manly into the top eight.

Stat Attack
    Manly maestro Daly Cherry-Evans has racked up 16 try assists in 18 games this season to sit third behind Mitch Moses (20) and Adam Reynolds (17). The Titans' leader in the try assist category is AJ Brimson who has laid on 12 tries in 18 games. Fullback Reuben Garrick and five-eighth Kieran Foran have 10 try assists each for the Sea Eagles.

TITANS
    1. Jayden Campbell 2. Sosefo Fifita 3. Phillip Sami 4. Brian Kelly 5. Patrick Herbert 6. AJ Brimson 7. Tanah Boyd 8. Moeaki Fotuaika 9. Erin Clark 10. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 11. David Fifita 12. Beau Fermor 13. Isaac Liu 14. Greg Marzhew 15. Herman Ese'ese 16. Jaimin Jolliffe 17. Sam McIntyre 18. Corey Thompson 19. Toby Sexton 20. Paul Turner 21. Klese Haas 22. Jarrod Wallace

MANLY
    1. Reuben Garrick 2. Jason Saab 3. Morgan Harper 4. Tolutau Koula 5. Christian Tuipulotu 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Toafofoa Sipley 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Martin Taupau 11. Haumole Olakau'atu 12. Andrew Davey 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Dylan Walker 15. Ben Trbojevic 16. Ethan Bullemor 17. Josh Aloiai 18. Josh Schuster 19. Kurt De Luis 20. Brad Parker 21. Kaeo Weekes 22. Morgan Boyle

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

LeagueUnlimited: Titans v Sea Eagles preview
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/379...agles-preview/