Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

I am a strong advocate for Holbrook. I still think he can guide us to the finals, but I think he needs Flanagan to help. Having said that, I am concerned every week that he never actually knows what the injuries are for players. Unless it is a tactic coaches use to keep the media off, I don't know. Now for me, the players are number one and you would think their welfare would be at the foremost of his mind. Now I know he was concerned about booth last night but he just never seems concerned. Just my take on it.

I share your concerns about the pressers. I haven't missed one this year and they're all very similar. I now find them painful to watch. He owes the fans the truth. It doesn't help that the questions are as incisive as a wet blanket. How about asking him:

You've talked about how good our second rowers are but they get a lot of ball standing still when nothing is doing, often with a shooter in front of them. What's the plan there?
    Is there another team that passes in front of the shooter more than the Titans?
    Are you happy with Phil Sami at right centre? What are you thinking there?
    The rotation of the bench is difficult for coaches. Do you think you are giving the guys optimal minutes and getting the most out of them? Can you explain your answer?
    Are you happy to maintain the sliding backwards defensive approach that has leaked so many tries this season?
    Are we working on our kicks and kick chase at training? Why are we unable to chase shallow bombs and compete?
    Who's your 9 next week and why?
    What's the reason for the players regression this year? Is it training, team culture or psychology? What's your role in each of those?

I'm sure you guys can add heaps more questions, but I'd be asking these at least and following up to get comprehensive answers.

First Grader

Thats gold MT.

Yeah the reporters are hopeless in asking the tough and obvious questions.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 06-08-22 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    I share your concerns about the pressers. I haven't missed one this year and they're all very similar. I now find them painful to watch. He owes the fans the truth. It doesn't help that the questions are as incisive as a wet blanket. How about asking him:

You've talked about how good our second rowers are but they get a lot of ball standing still when nothing is doing, often with a shooter in front of them. What's the plan there?
    Is there another team that passes in front of the shooter more than the Titans?
    Are you happy with Phil Sami at right centre? What are you thinking there?
    The rotation of the bench is difficult for coaches. Do you think you are giving the guys optimal minutes and getting the most out of them? Can you explain your answer?
    Are you happy to maintain the sliding backwards defensive approach that has leaked so many tries this season?
    Are we working on our kicks and kick chase at training? Why are we unable to chase shallow bombs and compete?
    Who's your 9 next week and why?
    What's the reason for the players regression this year? Is it training, team culture or psychology? What's your role in each of those?

I'm sure you guys can add heaps more questions, but I'd be asking these at least and following up to get comprehensive answers.
    The reporters are too scared they'll get blackballed if they ask pertinent questions.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Thats gold MT.

Yeah the reporters are hopeless in asking the tough and obvious questions.
    Perhaps. Like me the reporters only understanding of the game is skin deep. Those are great questions. For me I would ask how is it there is a hole the size of a barn door in the backline that Munster can walz through like it's touch footy?

Horrible

Gee that’s the worst dislocation I’ve ever seen. If that was at a rodeo they’d bring out the tarp. I hope he can come back from that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

And walked off (sort of) without medicab

That was such a terrible injury and I really, really feel for Aaron Booth. I was really enjoying him playing. I'm sure we are all behind him and hope he can soon make another appearance in our colours.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

A quote from Nicho Hynes on Booth:

"I'll try and dedicate the rest of this year to him. He's my best mate and he pretty much saved my life."

Banned

Apparently sportsbet have melbourne 50 plus at 1.06 odds