Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Injury report: All clear after Bulldogs clash
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ulldogs-clash/

There was good news from an injury front out of Sunday's NRL clash against the Bulldogs.

No new significant injuries were sustained out of the outing in Sydney and the same can be said for Burleigh's Hostplus Cup matchup against the Norths Devils.

In Tweed's game against Ipswich, Paul Turner picked up a low grade hamstring issue, with a review currently underway and rehab planned pending review.

Jayden Campbell got through his return fine and will be available for selection for this Saturday afternoon's Round 20 clash against the Raiders at Cbus Super Stadium.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

Herbet DROPPED... to the wing. FFS why, give Marzhew or Lofi a run. I hope he is just playing mind games with Tanah at 6 and JC bench and that there is a late change. I do like that Clark is starting 13 and Tino prop though with Liu on the bench.

Rep Player

Kelly Centre and Herbert Wing. Good ****ing grief, what has Marzhew done to Holbrook to miss out again. He killed it in QCup last week. Again he newly names our best squad but can’t help by pulling some big brain horse ****

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    what has Marzhew done to Holbrook to miss out again. He killed it in QCup last week.
    There has to be a genuine reason why he is not selected… discipline? or not putting in at training.. No idea but it has to be something otherwise he would be playing I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    There has to be a genuine reason why he is not selected… discipline? or not putting in at training.. No idea but it has to be something otherwise he would be playing I’m sure.
    He struggles on the defensive side of things, big time. If carrying the ball, making metres and breaking tackles were the only requirement to play NRL he'd be an immortal.

The challenge with Marzhew at the moment is he's playing centre in Qcup (which is incredibly fun to watch) but it's not giving him the chance to improve on his weaknesses in a game setting. He should probably be at Tweed so that Lofi/Francis/Marzhew don't cannabalise each others development.

In saying all of this, I can't fathom how he doesn't get a gig over Herbert on the wing. I mean Marzhew has his flaws but it's not like Herbert has shown anything that says yep he's a winger.

Clark at 13 is good.

Anyone else a bit concerned about Beau Fermor's form? On both sides of the ball. Sorry JB

Not in a position to do my usual team post guys. On a boat.

- - - Updated - - -

Fermor is still hung over from that fabulous QLD win couple of weeks ago

Kelly and Herbert on the same side, oh boy. Kelly is just as bad as Herbert when it comes to flying up out of the line and he will be playing out of position on the right side.

QLD Cup

Any chance Marzhew is getting time in Qcup to be able to qualify for Burleigh in the finals?

Kelly is a better winger than a centre.

Tino to front row and Clark to 13 is great and I can't wait to see it play out. It's looking like a better pack on paper now. But the bench still leaves much to be desired.

Marzhew missing out again and Herbert and Kelly in together. I'm mystified. I would have dropped Herbert.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Tino to front row and Clark to 13 is great and I can't wait to see it play out. It's looking like a better pack on paper now. But the bench still leaves much to be desired.

Marzhew missing out again and Herbert and Kelly in together. I'm mystified. I would have dropped Herbert.
    Absolutely spot on. Clark to 13, Tino prop and Liu bench is a great move and makes perfect sense. Herbert on the wing does not and Herbert and Kelly together is rush up 3 man overlaps all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    He struggles on the defensive side of things, big time. If carrying the ball, making metres and breaking tackles were the only requirement to play NRL he'd be an immortal.

The challenge with Marzhew at the moment is he's playing centre in Qcup (which is incredibly fun to watch) but it's not giving him the chance to improve on his weaknesses in a game setting. He should probably be at Tweed so that Lofi/Francis/Marzhew don't cannabalise each others development.

In saying all of this, I can't fathom how he doesn't get a gig over Herbert on the wing. I mean Marzhew has his flaws but it's not like Herbert has shown anything that says yep he's a winger.

Clark at 13 is good.

Anyone else a bit concerned about Beau Fermor's form? On both sides of the ball. Sorry JB

Herbet is a winger and should never be at centre like his mate Kelly but he doesn't have the wheels like Kelly

?He’s got the forwards pretty much spot on. But oh boy, the backs?
    I’ll say it once again… Kelly is NOT a centre and never will be. He is a winger.
    Herbet? He’s holding back better players. JC at fullback will always be a worry until he learns the other 50% of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    We looked the most dangerous last weekend when Campbell was on and AJ was at 6. Surely the combination is worth another crack before seasons end to test it with a decent hooker. A lot has been said about Sextons performance this season but he has shown some real moments of class, he just needs some support around him to take the pressure off. Campbell and Booth as kicking options helps that, but what he really needs is AJ to step up and to start getting involved more from 6.

Unfortunately CT you haven't had the best season. I was pretty disappointed to see that you didn't bother to turn and chase when Ado-Carr scored one of his tries last weekend. What if someone caught him? You would have been no use throwing your hands in the air and walking back to the play.

I don't understand why Marzhew has been dropped. The only reason I can think of is so he can get some game time at centre. There's no way anyone on here can tell me that his defensive reads have caused more tries than Herberts. Add to that, when was the last time either Thompson or Herbert ran for over 200m in match? Marzhew does that more often than not.

I've been saying this all season but I'd love to see Liu shifted to the bench to tighten things up in the middle of the game. Towards the back end of his Roosters career he was predominately used from the bench. He can ball play a bit when things get looser but importantly he would add some leadership when when we typically rotate out our leaders.
    I agree with most of this. Good post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Clark at 13 is good.

Herbert on the wing is just a blatant selection mistake, one of many, many selection mistakes this year by Holbrook.

Marzhew has his defensive flaws but I'd argue he's a better defender than Herbert, who is just a walking mistake and brain explosion. He's full of Shaun Kenny-Dowell level howlers. He shouldn't be even discussed as a selection option right now and it's embarrassing our coach still can't ever get his best 17 right. I'm questioning whether he even pays attention when we play.

Marzhew is sitting around 75%, compared to Herbert's 83% tackling efficiency. However I would prefer Marzhew aswell.
    Last edited by Detwelve12; 27-07-22 at 12:31 PM.

Rep Player

To take it a step further last week was Herberts first try of the year. Looking at his stats he has played every game and has made 19 tackle breaks. Guess how many Greg has in less games ....81 (yes I know different positions).

That is the attacking prowess he offers, whereas Marzhew was leading the league in tackle busts for a good while this season and normally good for a try a game easy. The season is gone so I would rather get Marzhew in their learning to defend, working on his craft because his attack far outweights his defence. Look at last week, you need game breakers, you need someone to spark a try and Herbert aint doing that.

What confounds me every week and has for the last 10 years. What do they say to the edge players about rushing up and coming in. Is it just something that can be coached out of the game? Why is it that we leak point after point, linebreak after linebreak through our edges and its always due to (this year). Herbert rushing up and getting wrong footed that is an instant 3 on 2 and the winger rushes in because there is no cover coming across. Surely it has to be mentioned? worked on? Or is it simply all on the player. Look at jojo last week he backed himself on a one on one and stayed out and saved a try.

Anyways lets see how this week goes. im sure we will find that Clark to 13 was a great move, forwards look better but we leak points out wide all day.
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 27-07-22 at 09:06 AM.