Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 20: TITANS vs RAIDERS (2022)

TITANS vs RAIDERS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bring back Marzhew!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

1. Brimson
    2. Marzhew
    3. Sami
    4. S Fifita
    5. Thompson
    6. Boyd
    7. Sexton
    8. Liu
    9. Booth
    10. Tino
    11. D Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Clark

14. Campbell
    15. Fotuaika
    16. Joliffe
    17. McIntyre

18. Ese Ese

I'm wary of moving Jojo as he's been so good on the wing but we need to get rid of Herbert and we have such weak centre options.

We also need Marzhew's red zone carries.

I wish we had a decent five eight, halfback and centres but it's extremely slim pickings in those positions. Fully expecting the depressing
    4. Herbert though on team list Tuesday.
    Last edited by The Birdman; 24-07-22 at 05:23 PM.

Banned

Corey Thompson
    First try scorer
    Gamble responsibly

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    1. Brimson
    2. Marzhew
    3. Sami
    4. S Fifita
    5. Thompson
    6. Boyd
    7. Sexton
    8. Liu
    9. Booth
    10. Tino
    11. D Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Clark

14. Campbell
    15. Fotuaika
    16. Joliffe
    17. McIntyre

18. Ese Ese

I'm wary of moving Jojo as he's been so good on the wing but we need to get rid of Herbert and we have such weak centre options.

We also need Marzhew's red zone carries.

I wish we had a decent five eight, halfback and centres but it's extremely slim pickings in those positions. Fully expecting the depressing
    4. Herbert though on team list Tuesday.
    Boyd has to go and Thompson as well

Banned

Nah Thompson alright

Erin Clarke has to go

Sami has to go for his petty blowups at JC and jojo on the field

QLD Cup

We looked the most dangerous last weekend when Campbell was on and AJ was at 6. Surely the combination is worth another crack before seasons end to test it with a decent hooker. A lot has been said about Sextons performance this season but he has shown some real moments of class, he just needs some support around him to take the pressure off. Campbell and Booth as kicking options helps that, but what he really needs is AJ to step up and to start getting involved more from 6.

Unfortunately CT you haven't had the best season. I was pretty disappointed to see that you didn't bother to turn and chase when Ado-Carr scored one of his tries last weekend. What if someone caught him? You would have been no use throwing your hands in the air and walking back to the play.

I don't understand why Marzhew has been dropped. The only reason I can think of is so he can get some game time at centre. There's no way anyone on here can tell me that his defensive reads have caused more tries than Herberts. Add to that, when was the last time either Thompson or Herbert ran for over 200m in match? Marzhew does that more often than not.

I've been saying this all season but I'd love to see Liu shifted to the bench to tighten things up in the middle of the game. Towards the back end of his Roosters career he was predominately used from the bench. He can ball play a bit when things get looser but importantly he would add some leadership when when we typically rotate out our leaders.

Banned

I think Corey Thompson has been not scoring tries because his halves are not bombing to him
    Send some Burton bombs his way

Reading the q cup wrap it seems like Kelly is too good for cup I'd try him over herbert on the right side can't be any worse

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Reading the q cup wrap it seems like Kelly is too good for cup I'd try him over herbert on the right side can't be any worse
    Yeah that's what I would try.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I've thought about Kelly getting a crack on the right but I'm firmly on the fence...I'll add that although he's carving up with the ball, there's a few defensive pointers he's falling short on, such as winning the tackle and wrapping up the ball. Just my opinion having watched him the last 2 weeks.

He's also not played on the right which sounds trivial but you'd be surprised how some players struggle on an unfamiliar edge, particularly defensively.

Can't dispute his output and involvement with the ball, though.

https://www.qrl.com.au/draw/qrl-prem...agulls-v-jets/

Kellys stats show a similar pattern in Defence when playing NRL 14 tackles with 3 ineffective....So if Khan or Francis are not going to get a start it maybe better the devil you know .
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    https://www.qrl.com.au/draw/qrl-prem...agulls-v-jets/

Kellys stats show a similar pattern in Defence when playing NRL 14 tackles with 3 ineffective....So if Khan or Francis are not going to get a start it maybe better the devil you know .
    Yeah BT have a look the week before as well, it's a fair bit worse. Ipswich didn't throw much at him on the weekend.

https://www.qrl.com.au/draw/qrl-prem...ns-v-seagulls/

The key defensive markers at that level don't really show up on the QRL stat sheet either, unfortunately

Kelly is a winger IMO. How he ended up in the centres must have come from his own desires. If he could wake up to the fact he’d be very good on the wing and maybe just maybe could come into SOO calculations. TBH he’d probably provide more than Corey at the moment. He’s got good speed Kelly but he doesn’t get his hands on the ball in open play very often but on the wing could be a game changer for him….once again a shorter guy.