Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Only thing JC does better than AJ is kick a ball long or high. Everything else AJ is light years ahead on. FOran is the 5/8 next year so not sure where to go from here tbh. I guess we'll keep shoehorning people into unfamiliar positions and cross our fingers
    I think JC links with outside backs better. Cannot recall AJ throwing the last pass too often on a backline movement

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    I think JC links with outside backs better. Cannot recall AJ throwing the last pass too often on a backline movement
    Does JC pass the ball?

Does JC pass the ball?
    Our last win was only because of JC's ability to engage 2 defenders with footwork and pass the ball. AJ couldn't do that.

It's no question AJ is a better fullback but JC has some great traits with the ball that deserve to be recognised too.

Does JC pass the ball?
    Not sure if you're serious? JC seems to be one of the few guys who can create something out of nothing in this team. Unfortunately, for every try he scores or sets up, he lets a handful in.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 20-07-22 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Not sure if you're serious? JC seems to be one of the few guys who can create something out of nothing in this team. Unfortunately, for every try he scores or sets up, he lets a handful in.
    I don't disagree, he creates, but his over confidence also made him a bit of a ball hog as well. Don't get me wrong, I like him but as far as fullbacks go, AJ for me. JC bides his time

I don't disagree, he creates, but his over confidence also made him a bit of a ball hog as well. Don't get me wrong, I like him but as far as fullbacks go, AJ for me. JC bides his time
    I’m this too and like him a lot. He needs time growing into the job.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

That's why he's a great option to have on the bench if we need to chase points. Better than some random middle plodder playing 23 minutes.

Hopefully using him as a impact player off the bench will blindside the opposition when we shift gears putting him on.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bulldogs v Titans: Averillo ruled out; Campbell set to return
    https://www.nrl.com/

Both dangling dangerously close to the very bottom of the NRL ladder, Sunday's clash shapes as a crucial one for both the Bulldogs and Titans despite it having no bearing on the competition's top eight.

Playing at home for the fifth game in a row, the Bulldogs will look to get back to winning ways after consecutive losses to top-eight sides Cronulla and South Sydney.

The Gold Coast meanwhile put in one of their better performances of the year last week and were perhaps unlucky not to come away with the points against Brisbane in a 16-12 defeat.

The Titans won both clashes with the Bulldogs last year but have lost both of their previous two visits to this week's venue.

Team news

Bulldogs: Josh Addo-Carr (ankle) has been named and will be monitored during the week. Aaron Schoupp is listed as 18th Man as he looks to return from COVID. If he is right to go, he would likely take the place of Braidon Burns, while a replacement is yet to be named for fullback Jake Averillo (COVID protocols).

Titans: A huge boost for the Titans with Jayden Campbell named on the bench for his first game since Round 13 after recovering from a hamstring injury. Skipper Tino Fa'asuamaleaui returns to the starting side at lock and Erin Clark goes to the bench. Veteran Kevin Proctor (biceps) is again listed among the reserves last week as he nears a return.

Match Officials
    Referee: Ben Cummins
    Touch Judge: Kasey Badger
    Touch Judge: Jon Stone
    Senior Review Official: Gerard Sutton

Key match-up
    Tevita Pangai jnr vs Tino Fa'asuamaleaui: The two monsters in the middle will likely set the tone for their side on Sunday and fans can look forward to their individual battle which promises to involve plenty of heavy contact on both sides of the ball. Big Tino was restricted to 29 minutes off the bench last week after playing in Origin III but still ran for 153 metres, while TPJ averages 117 metres across the year.

Stat Attack
    The Titans really don't like playing on the road and are the only team left in the NRL without a single away victory in 2022. The Gold Coast haven't won outside of Queensland since round 16 last year when they beat the Raiders in Canberra, while for their last win in New South Wales you have to go back over a year to the May 2021 victory over the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 21-07-22 at 03:32 PM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Jake Averillo ruled out of Titans fixture
    https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/202...itans-fixture/

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs fullback Jake Averillo is unavailable for this weekend's Round 19 fixture against the Gold Coast Titans after testing positive to COVID-19.

As part of COVID-19 protocols, Averillo will self-isolate for the next 7 days. He will be available once he passes the National Rugby League's Graduated Return-to-Play guidelines.

A replacement will be named ahead of this Sunday's match against the Titans at CommBank Stadium.

Rep Player

Bulldogs were very slick against souths last week and if they put in the same effort we will get dusted. No Fox and Averillo is a plus. All I want to see is Booth continue to grow. AJ continue to roam at fullback, the backline continue to click (marzhew needs to be in, Herbert out but thats never happening) and honestly big Dave is due a breakout game soon. The season is gone I just want to see who is worth keeping for next year

This is difficult for me to say but I really hope we get pummelled by the Dogs...yep that won’t be popular.
    No I haven’t lost my passion for the club I just can’t see a successful future under this coach and a flogging here just might do the trick.
    I'll stop short of saying ** ******* though.

Ravs get off that red cordial will ya :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Well I for 1 am backing the TITans this week for a solid win
    I still think JoJo should play outside Herbert
    I also think Sami should go back on the wing and bring in a new centre
    AJ and Jc are hard to pich witch 1 goes to fb
    Last week AJ palyed a lot better
    I feel for Fermor playing on opersit side but stillthink his defence on the right helps out big time
    I think Boyd will be the 1 to let the Fifita out to break the shackles if you like
    GO TITANS

If we didn't have JC on the bench I might tip the Bulldogs. But I think he can help the team get over the line.

The Dogs are on the rise and have had several good wins and some close loses.

We desperately need this win.

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    I feel for Fermor playing on opersit side but stillthink his defence on the right helps out big time
    I think Boyd will be the 1 to let the Fifita out to break the shackles if you like
    GO TITANS
    Fermor is dude some luck after a diabolic run last week.

We are all ready for an overdue Fifita performance. Hopefully today is the day.