Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup

The spine hasn’t had the opportunity to play off the back of a decent hooker yet. AJ played a lot of 6 coming through the grades, it isn’t an unfamiliar position to him. I believe the solution is coaching. With JC at the back and Booth there is more kicking options than just passing the ball to Sexton (which is all we had with Clarke at lock and AJ at the back). This has placed a lot of pressure on Sexton especially when receiving slow ball in the middle third of the field.

I’m not sure where they see Foran fitting in next yet but I see no reason to treat him any differently to Smith if our halves start to perform in the back end of this year.

In saying all of that, Foran to 6 and AJ to centre would be a dramatic improvement on Herbert.

Banned

I hope Corey Thompson score some tries

Fogarty played well

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    T
    I’m not sure where they see Foran fitting in next yet but I see no reason to treat him any differently to Smith if our halves start to perform in the back end of this year.
    You are joking aren't you?
    What makes you think our halves will start to perform now. They have been useless all year, especially your man Sexton.
    The comments on here about moving AJ to centre, I can understand where people are coming from but for God's sake, let him settle in one position for his career. He is our best fullback by streets.

Addo Carr out with a torn glute.

I would like to see Marzhew on to replace Herbert in the centres at some point

Quote Originally Posted by mahretta View Post
    I would like to see Marzhew on to replace Herbert in the centres at some point
    I’d like anyone to replace Herbert but I’m guessing he will keep the same team as last week

Copy paste and try again

I'm happy with JC coming back off the bench for the immediate future. Gives us a chance to mix things up if needed or when wanted.

AJ has been great the last several weeks in a losing team. He is a competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    With JC at the back and Booth there is more kicking options than just passing the ball to Sexton (which is all we had with Clarke at lock and AJ at the back). This has placed a lot of pressure on Sexton especially when receiving slow ball in the middle third of the field.
    I really agree with this. We have been very easy to shut down as a result.

According to NRL.com match stats.

Sexton 19 kicks
    AJ 3 kicks
    Booth 3 kicks
    Boyd 2 kicks
    Herbert 1 kick
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

Copy paste and try again
    Granted I haven't been as interested in other NRL teams the past couple seasons but there's a few names on that Dogs squad I genuinely don't recognise.

Happy with the team imo, Erin Clark is fitting into the bench 13 role nicely, Jojo and Boothy retaining their spots make me very happy.

Greg Marzhew hasn't been listed as a reserve. He was #20 against the Broncos.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Greg Marzhew hasn't been listed as a reserve. He was #20 against the Broncos.
    Also listed as out on Burleigh website

Hope he’s ok and just recovering from a flu or something

I look forward to Holbrook realising Herbert sucks in 15 games time from now.

I hope Marzhew hasn't spat the dummy and I shudder as Procter inches his way up that list.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans to unleash returning X-factor off the bench against Dogs
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...-against-dogs/

The Gold Coast Titans will unleash an X-factor from the bench, with a returning star named for Sunday's clash against Canterbury.

Jayden Campbell will return from a hamstring tear, with the 22-year-old to return via the bench.

AJ Brimson has been named at fullback, with Tanah Boyd to get another crack at the #6 jersey.

Titans Coach Justin Holbrook says he is excited to inject Campbell into the action as he returns to the squad for the first time since round 13.

After a strong debut game, Jojo Fifita will get his second start on the wing, while Aaron Booth will also play his second club game at hooker.

Captain Tino Fa'asuamaleaui will return to the starting side at lock, while Erin Clark will move back to the bench.

Casualty Ward: Katoa out for season; Good news for Addo-Carr
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/01/25/...t-injury-news/

Meanwhile, Bulldogs star Josh Addo-Carr has been cleared of serious injury and could be available for this weekend's clash with the Titans.

Addo-Carr suffered lower back and ankle injuries on Sunday against the Rabbitohs and the club reported on Tuesday that scans had cleared the winger of any serious injury to his glute/lower back while his ankle will be monitored with an eye to returning in round 19 or 20.