Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Agree JB.

Deardon is a classic case of not being NRL ready when he debuted at 19 but notwithstanding he made errors and mistakes, he always kept having a crack and you could see that he had potential and certainly the desire even though the Broncos viewed differently, Now look at him.

It is about seeing whether they do possess the desire when the going gets tough and if they show that you can then see how much further development they require or need to recruit outside
    I reckon this is a really good take WD. Dearden is a great example too. There was a plethora of couch coaches writing him off saying he wasn't going to be an NRL player after he struggled as a young half in a struggling team. Anyone who had seen the work this kid put in, and his ability coming through juniors and Qcup knew what potential he had and the parts of his game that would eventually translate, and the Cowboys are now the beneficiaries of that. He's only going to get better as well.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I reckon this is a really good take WD. Dearden is a great example too. There was a plethora of couch coaches writing him off saying he wasn't going to be an NRL player after he struggled as a young half in a struggling team. Anyone who had seen the work this kid put in, and his ability coming through juniors and Qcup knew what potential he had and the parts of his game that would eventually translate, and the Cowboys are now the beneficiaries of that. He's only going to get better as well.
    Do you think Sexton has those same qualities and if so, what is required to help him make the step up?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Do you think Sexton has those same qualities and if so, what is required to help him make the step up?
    A pair of rocket boots to start with.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    A pair of rocket boots to start with.

I say blood our players. What have we got to lose honestly. I'd rather watch them lose than "so called professionals" pretending to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Agree JB.

Deardon is a classic case of not being NRL ready when he debuted at 19 but notwithstanding he made errors and mistakes, he always kept having a crack and you could see that he had potential and certainly the desire even though the Broncos viewed differently, Now look at him.

It is about seeing whether they do possess the desire when the going gets tough and if they show that you can then see how much further development they require or need to recruit outside
    I couldn't help but think of Taylor and Rankin when I read this. Elgey too.
    Really is hit and miss.

Please god let there be a new hooker this week

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Hallelujah

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Booth confirmed starting hooker this week!

- - - Updated - - -

TEAM LISTS

1 Alexander Brimson
    2 Sosefo Fifita
    3 Phillip Sami
    4 Patrick Herbert
    5 Corey Thompson
    6 Tanah Boyd
    7 Toby Sexton
    8 Moeaki Fotuaika
    9 Aaron Booth
    10 Isaac Liu
    11 David Fifita
    12 Beau Fermor
    13 Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

INTERCHANGE
    14 Erin Clark
    15 Jaimin Jolliffe
    16 Herman Ese'ese
    17 Paul Turner

RESERVES
    18 Sam McIntyre
    19 Jamayne Isaako
    20 Greg Marzhew
    21 Brian Kelly
    22 Kevin Proctor

Ins
    Aaron Booth
    Jaimin Jolliffe
    Kevin Proctor
    Phillip Sami
    Sosefo Fifita

Outs
    Jarrod Wallace

I’d have to say overall I’m happy cause 1. Clark not at hooker, 2. Proctor not in the side, 3. some debutants and players dropped. But wtf Tanah has trained at hooker all year and then you put him at 6, why not just keep Turner there. And how does Marzhew deserve to be dropped?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    I’d have to say overall I’m happy cause 1. Clark not at hooker, 2. Proctor not in the side, 3. some debutants and players dropped. But wtf Tanah has trained at hooker all year and then you put him at 6, why not just keep Turner there. And how does Marzhew deserve to be dropped?
    Swap Herbert for Marzhew and I could live with this team for the rest of the season. Herbert is not 1st grade standard

agreed, Marzhew brings so much effort and impact to attack and deserves a spot

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Swap Herbert for Marzhew and I could live with this team for the rest of the season. Herbert is not 1st grade standard
    Marzhew at centre?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Marzhew at centre?
    Jojo centre marzhew wing

Looks like there is a god haha just don't let us get flogged this week. I do like Sami in the centers for Kelly he needs a wake up call. Id even chuck marzhew on the bench instead of turner and have him run wild in the middle at the end of a half for Tino and run wild just cause what else is there to lose