Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Herbert is a goal kicker, so there’s no need for both him and Isaako in the team.

Junior

If I remember correctly Booth used to goal kick for Easts when he was in the Storm Feeders

Hoping for
    1. Brimson
    2. Marzhew
    3. J. Fifita
    4. Sami
    5. Khan-pereira
    6. Turner
    7. Sexton
    8. Mo
    9. Booth
    10. Tino
    11. Fermor
    12. Fifita
    13. Proctor
    14. Clarke (as lock)
    15. ESE ese
    16. Liu
    17. Boyd

Not a fan of proctor but he will be in the team somewhere I’m sure.

First Grader

If Proctor is in the team after posting instagram stories playing bowling while the team was versing Newcastle, I will personally start a petition for Holbrook to be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    If Proctor is in the team after posting instagram stories playing bowling while the team was versing Newcastle, I will personally start a petition for Holbrook to be sacked.
    100% the bloke may as well have announced his retirement that night. He doesn't give a **** about the club he's stolen a living off the last 5 seasons.

Yes he has perfected his body movement where it gives the impression he's giving 100% but in fact he achieves very little (I think the hair movement helps).
    Who's job is it to see thru the illusion and recognise a players true impact?

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    100% the bloke may as well have announced his retirement that night. He doesn't give a **** about the club he's stolen a living off the last 5 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    Hoping for
    1. Brimson
    2. Marzhew
    3. J. Fifita
    4. Sami
    5. Khan-pereira
    6. Turner
    7. Sexton
    8. Mo
    9. Booth
    10. Tino
    11. Fermor
    12. Fifita
    13. Proctor
    14. Clarke (as lock)
    15. ESE ese
    16. Liu
    17. Boyd

Not a fan of proctor but he will be in the team somewhere I’m sure.

Booth isn’t an 80 minute hooker even for Burleigh. Smokey call ups for middles would include lil fas and maybe alick imo they’ve both been ripping into their footy

I'll admit that I haven't seen too much of Jo Jo but I watched the junior Origin match and he looked miles off being NRL ready to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'll admit that I haven't seen too much of Jo Jo but I watched the junior Origin match and he looked miles off being NRL ready to me.
    I can see where you’re coming from MT and I know you mentioned it yourself but a one-off exhibition junior origin game isn’t much of an indicator to determine if a player is ready for first grade. I don’t disagree that he isn’t ready as a centre but that’s because when he comes in to top grade it’ll likely be on the wing where he’s played for Tweed all year….and he’s displayed as much week to week as plenty of other wingers in Qcup that have been elevated. I encourage you to watch some of those games if you have the time.

I’m not expecting him to come in and be a star straight away but he’s done enough to earn a call up and I expect him to be named on the right wing v the Broncos

If he’s named at centre then yeah I’ll be a bit nervy

Early on in the season I would have been keen to see debutantes being worked into the team.
    Now with the current state of affairs I couldn’t think of a worse environment to try and blood players.
    We don’t have the team structures for seasoned NRL players so it's a big worry on how any debutante would fair….not a good outlook for our juniors IMO.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I can see where you’re coming from MT and I know you mentioned it yourself but a one-off exhibition junior origin game isn’t much of an indicator to determine if a player is ready for first grade. I don’t disagree that he isn’t ready as a centre but that’s because when he comes in to top grade it’ll likely be on the wing where he’s played for Tweed all year….and he’s displayed as much week to week as plenty of other wingers in Qcup that have been elevated. I encourage you to watch some of those games if you have the time.

I’m not expecting him to come in and be a star straight away but he’s done enough to earn a call up and I expect him to be named on the right wing v the Broncos

How would you feel about Marzhew playing centre inside Jojo?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    How would you feel about Marzhew playing centre inside Jojo?
    Tbh I reckon he’d struggle a bit with making his different reads and having a rookie winger outside him could compound that

It’d be entertaining as hell when we’ve got possession though. Marzhew played a game at centre for Burleigh this year and caused some absolute havoc but he wasn’t put under much pressure defensively

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Fair points HS. I probably wouldn't refer to junior Origin game as an exhibition plus I would think if you don't shine in that, how will you go at NRL level, but as you say, that was at centre and wing is his spot at a higher level. Certainly happy to cop your better judgement about him.
    As Rav said, you wonder about bringing young blokes in to our rabble.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Fair points HS. I probably wouldn't refer to junior Origin game as an exhibition plus I would think if you don't shine in that, how will you go at NRL level, but as you say, that was at centre and wing is his spot at a higher level. Certainly happy to cop your better judgement about him.
    As Rav said, you wonder about bringing young blokes in to our rabble.
    Bring them in. If they don't revel in the fact they have a chance in the NRL as a Titan then they aren't showing commitment to the club and jersey to warrant continuing being developed by us. Not asking for someone to come in and score three tries in their first game but if they drop the head and give up with "the rest" of the team then you have to question to continue to develop them. Captain would need to ensure they are surrounded by positive players and make sure the frass from the white ants doesn't stick to them.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Bring them in. If they don't revel in the fact they have a chance in the NRL as a Titan then they aren't showing commitment to the club and jersey to warrant continuing being developed by us. Not asking for someone to come in and score three tries in their first game but if they drop the head and give up with "the rest" of the team then you have to question to continue to develop them. Captain would need to ensure they are surrounded by positive players and make sure the frass from the white ants doesn't stick to them.
    Agree JB.

Deardon is a classic case of not being NRL ready when he debuted at 19 but notwithstanding he made errors and mistakes, he always kept having a crack and you could see that he had potential and certainly the desire even though the Broncos viewed differently, Now look at him.

It is about seeing whether they do possess the desire when the going gets tough and if they show that you can then see how much further development they require or need to recruit outside