Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

I thought Clarkey was good. AJ was very good. He was as energetic AF! Sexton's short kicking game was great. He needs to work on his bomb. Fermor was really, really ordinary. Maybe he was crook (??) Mo's best game in ages!

We have several categories within our team: (a) things that can be tinkered with and fixed immediately e.g. Sami to the left wing, Jojo at left centre and Marzhew onto the right wing. (b) things that may or may not work but could be tried e.g. Fermor as the right centre (or left and bring JoJo across), Clarke as a bench middle and give Josh Rogers a go at 6 with Boyd at 14. (c) things that are too far gone ... nearly our entire plodding pack (with apologies to Tino, Mo and Jolliffe) and Herbert, Marsters and CT. (d) those who should never be seen near the squad Proctor, Wallace and Isaako.

I suppose I will be asked what about Sexton? Well, like him, nobody seems to be listening.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

While our defence this year has been panned and rightly so, we also have huge problems with our attacking structure.

We don’t have the ability to create structures where we get a 2 on 1 situation unlike most teams. We don’t have players running off the ball, doing any block plays, first receiver straitening the attack, edge forwards running under a line so that we can create the overlaps on the edges.

We are 2nd last on points scored, we had 200 more running metres than the broncos who also had 20 more missed tackles than us and we had the penalties 5-1 and still could only score 2 tries against a 2nd string team.

Our attack is just as bad as our defence and we should not let the blatantly obvious defensive problems mask our equally ineptitude in attack.

The most frustrating part about that WD is how good our attack looked in Round 1 against the Eels, even the first half of round 3 against The Raiders, our attack looked brilliant and we spread the ball quickly through the hands and created overlaps. None of that has been seen for a looong time now

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    The most frustrating part about that WD is how good our attack looked in Round 1 against the Eels, even the first half of round 3 against The Raiders, our attack looked brilliant and we spread the ball quickly through the hands and created overlaps. None of that has been seen for a looong time now
    I hear what you say but it takes 3 to 4 games to get the defensive structures in place, From my recollection we got space on the edges by moving the ball wide early in the tackle count where defence is usually compacted in the first 3 tackles and the defensive structures not adjusting due to being early in the season. It was not by having players in motion, set plays, 1st receivers straitening the attack and edges running unders lines and having our attacking structures create the gaps in defence.

I believe we were wrapped up in the points scored rather than how we scored and we are now paying the price for a mediocre attacking structure where teams are now easily defending. I would suggest a lot of our tries are from kicks which are generally a lottery rather than structured play which prises the defence open.

In fact I cannot remember when this last occurred
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 18-07-22 at 02:21 PM.