Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 18: TITANS vs BRONCOS (2022)

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

This is going to be a great game. This is an opportunity. I believe we hit a turning point last night. We've now got a couple of weeks to make changes and really knuckle down. If we make the changes, face some hard truths, come together as a group and push hard into the last part of the year we'll prove something to ourselves. It's up to the players. They need to desperately want it.

Meno I love your enthusiasm but seriously mate we are bust and I for one is basically over the conversation how this regime can turn things around because it JUST WON"T HAPPEN...the Drongoes will destroy this poor excuse of a team.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Meno I love your enthusiasm but seriously mate we are bust and I for one is basically over the conversation how this regime can turn things around because it JUST WON"T HAPPEN...the Drongoes will destroy this poor excuse of a team.
    Alas...perhaps so, mate. But I just can't bring myself to throw my hands in the air and prepare for defeat. I can't. We have to fight with whatever we have while the battle is still in front of us. Must be the old footballer in me...lol

Fair enough Meno but I face reality much better now in my later years.
    As I said I'm sick to the back teeth of discussing this shambles and I command instant change so we can all bring some respect and enjoyment back to one of our life's passions.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Fair enough Meno but I face reality much better now in my later years.
    As I said I'm sick to the back teeth of discussing this shambles and I command instant change so we can all bring some respect and enjoyment back to one of our life's passions.
    I understand that, mate. I demand the same...just through a different process. We both believe our individual ideas will bring about change more quickly. Our goals are the same...that's the main thing!

The choices (a) have a nice “relaxing” time doing something else while periodically checking the score, or (b) sitting through another clusterfark … yes I know the b’s have it. Masochists the lot of us.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    This is going to be a great game. This is an opportunity. I believe we hit a turning point last night. We've now got a couple of weeks to make changes and really knuckle down. If we make the changes, face some hard truths, come together as a group and push hard into the last part of the year we'll prove something to ourselves. It's up to the players. They need to desperately want it.
    Sounds like the Black Knight from Monty Python but I like it.
    Last edited by Titanic Believer; 02-07-22 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The choices (a) have a nice “relaxing” time doing something else while periodically checking the score, or (b) sitting through another clusterfark … yes I know the b’s have it. Masochists the lot of us.
    I'm a sucker for punishment too

I'll be going to this game with a bucks party, so hopefully I will be on some good drugs and plenty liquored up by kick off. If it wasn't for the bucks it would be another game I would refuse to go to with my waste of season tickets.

Will be interesting to see who the coach is by then at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    We have to fight with whatever we have while the battle is still in front of us. Must be the old footballer in me...lol
    If only we could put you on the field!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Sidelined Sami shaping up for Broncos derby
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...broncos-derby/

It's been a welcomed sight at Titans training this week with Phil Sami out of the rehab group and joining the full squad after an extended stint on the sidelines due to injury.

The Gold Coast flyer aggravated his pre-existing left knee PCL tear in the Round 11 clash against the Cronulla Sharks and has been working hard with club medicos to get fit and firing before taking to the field once again.

This has meant the star back has spent a few extra weeks away from the main squad, but in positive news, Sami is set to return as early as next week.

"I'm feeling alright. I started running two weeks ago, so I'm getting a good mix of running again and I should be back in the next week or so," Sami said.

"I think this is my seventh week out now, so I reckon another week and then I'll be back against the Broncos hopefully, but it's feeling pretty good at the moment."

It has been a tough period away from the game, not being able to help his side notch up wins, but the 24-year-old's big focus has been getting himself right so he can play a crucial role upon his return.

"It does really suck sitting on the sidelines, but the only thing I can do is control the things I can control and that's getting my knee right and doing the right things off the field to make sure when I do come back, I'm flying," Sami said.

"The whole idea of having the extra weeks off was to make sure I'm 100 percent and not playing at 70 or 80 percent.

"Planning to have around eight weeks off has helped a lot and I will be confident when I do come back."

It's good news for coach Justin Holbrook, who will have almost a full roster to choose from for the Round 18 blockbuster against the Broncos at Cbus Super Stadium; and in a further positive, Jayden Campbell is on track to return shortly, progressing well through his end stage rehab process and is expected to begin integrating with team skills next week.

Sami on the left, Marzhew on the right, Isaako in the second row (of the grandstand along with Clarke, Proctor and Wallace for a start).
    Last edited by Titanic; 07-07-22 at 04:22 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Watch Holbrook choose isaako over sami or marzhew

Been quiet for a while. It will be interesting to see how Holbrook responds to this. For the record I don't think we should sack Holbrook. This year has been a write off. To be honest in my opinion we have only ever looked like winning when Campbell is on the field. Apart from brimmo, fermy and JC, I don't see where our points come from. Isaako and Wallace can go to the dolphins.
    Its funny how at the start of the year in the trials it looked as though we had depth for the first time. Now it seems we have none.....