Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

You can hear the slapping of Sexton’s soft kicks as we concede a soft try after giving away field position. Pathetically familiar.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I hate the way the media beat their drum and the haters join the chorus. Take David Fifita as an example. A quick look at the stats for last year showed he was massive. What about this year? I thought I'd take a look...

Our back row. I know, the players named haven't played strictly backrow this year. But I wanted to see their numbers anyway. Fermor, McIntyre, Proctor, Liu and Fifita. How's their attack? I looked at how many games they've played, tries, try assists, runs, run meters made, line breaks, line break assists, tackle busts and effective offloads.

Liu has played 14 games - He's scored 0 tries, 0 try assists, he's had 138 runs and made 1187 meters. He's made 0 line breaks, 1 line break assist, 6 tackle busts and made 3 effective offloads.

McIntyre has played 8 games - He's scored 0 tries, 0 try assists, he's had 53 runs and made 438 meters. He's made 0 line breaks, 0 line break assists, 7 tackle busts and made 1 effective offload.

Proctor has played 8 games - He's scored 0 tries and 0 try assists, he's had 28 runs and made 211 meters. He's made 0 line breaks, 0 line break assists, 1 tackle bust and 4 effective offloads.

Fermor has played 14 games - He's scored 5 tries, had 1 try assist, he's had 154 runs and made 1449 meters. He's made 4 line breaks, 0 line break assists, 26 tackle busts and made 1 effective offload.

Fifita has played 9 games - He's scored 3 tries, had 3 try assists, he's had 106 runs and made 971 meters. He's made 6 line breaks, 5 line break assists, 35 tackle busts and made 9 effective offloads.

I'd say Dave pulls his weight when he's on the field in attack. Of course...we'll always be told he should do more, but the other blokes should get a boot up the clacker before Fifita. (Fermor excluded...he's a weapon)

So...what about defence?? This is interesting. Lets look at games played, tackles made, missed tackles, tackle efficiency %, Missed tackles that lead to tries and over all errors and penalties conceded.

Liu has played 14 games - He's made 338 tackles, missed 11 tackles and has a tackle efficiency rate of 92%. He's missed 0 tackles that have lead to tries, made 4 errors and conceded 7 penalties.

McIntyre has played 8 games - He's made 198 tackles, missed 23 tackles and has a tackle efficiency rate of 84%. He's missed 0 tackles that lead to tries, made 1 error and conceded 2 penalties. (He's also been sin binned once)

Proctor has played 8 game - He's made 148 tackles, missed 7 tackles and has a tackle efficiency rate of 92%. He's missed 0 tackles that lead to tries, made 1 error and conceded 3 penalties.

Fermor has played 14 games - He's made 431 tackles, missed 35 tackles and has a tackle efficiency rate of 90%. He's missed 6 tackles that lead to tries, made 11 errors and conceded 4 penalties.

Fifita has played 9 games - He's made 177 tackles, missed 17 tackles and has a tackle efficiency rate of 86%. He's missed 5 tackles that lead to tries, made 6 errors and conceded 3 penalties.

If the media want to single Dave out (pay packets aside and remembering it's a team sport) maybe they should question his defensive efforts. And even in doing that, remember...it's a team sport and every decision made affects your inside and outside man and his ability to do his job also.

At the end of the day...stats are just numbers though, ay!?
    Excellent info. Alarming lack of penetration from key forwards. No wonder there is so much pressure on Sextons kicking

Kelly, really. Two kicks to him that he just threw and arm up. Attack the ball you waste of space.

Luckily Milford is an absolute pot plant and kicked on the fourth because Newy was on course for another easy 70 metre set

Is it possible that we have a 5th tackle kicker that can kick it further than the opposition having to start their set further back than the 30 metre line. That must be coaching.

Sexton oh my goodness terrible kicking game and now to slow to pass and knock on

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    You can hear the slapping of Sexton’s soft kicks as we concede a soft try after giving away field position. Pathetically familiar.
    Every effing week and the coach does nothing. I've generally left the coach alone but the basic attention to detail in this lot is beyond belief.

god what an embarrassing game.

We are losing by 4 EARLY in the game. Why not take the automatic 2 from right in front off that penalty? Keeping in mind how utterly incompetent we are in the opposition 20. The players and coaching staff have **** for brains.

And there's the inevitable knock on.

And there's the cheap penalty.

And there's the soft try conceded!

How the **** does Fraudbrook still have a job?!?

He's picking players that are mediocre vets that won't even be at the club next year to save his skin despite us having no finals hope this year. And we're still losing to the second worst side in the competition (besides us) without their best player. Sack this selfish wanker. He's Brennan 2.0
    Last edited by The Birdman; 01-07-22 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Kelly, really. Two kicks to him that he just threw and arm up. Attack the ball you waste of space.
    Then he attacked the ball when he just needed to grab it after that disgraceful pass.

What is sexton purpose in the side as deadset he touched the ball 4 times in 20minutes 3 for nothing kicks and one a knock on

And there you see how bad the titans in attack

why did I tip us. God help us.

And defence is woeful their forwards rolling through and issako don’t even start on his non defence

FMD sorry lads but I just can’t watch it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

for ****'s sakes.