Michael Maguire
    Paul Green
    Neil Henry
    Trent Barrett
    John Morris
    Anthony Seibold
    Nathan Brown
    Walker Bros

Probably some others I have missed in there, feel free to add them in.

I personally want Shane Flannigan as our coach, we need some heart and mongrel in there, and they need to start playing as a team. Hell he can even bring in his son if it gets the deal across the line.

We might have to create "who do we want as our next coach?" Poll.
    G'day Indo! Pretty sure Brown announced he's done with coaching. He's moving into a roll to help look after young rookie coaches...or something along those lines.

The other coaches listed aren't exactly being snatched up either. There's been a couple of top jobs open for a while now. I think coaches are a little hesitant to sign with clubs that have a history of sacking previous coaches.
    Last edited by Menoitios; 02-07-22 at 12:06 PM.

John Morris could be good for developing our youngsters in the intern while we wait for a better coach to come to market. Flanagan would be my first choice but I feel like the board wouldn't want him cause of his past I hope not though

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Looks like Holbrook will be gone before the next game.

Cannot come quick enough for someone who fails to take any responsibility for the teams pathetic performances this year.

It is always I have prepared the team well during the week.

The best choice is Flanagan who has a proven record in the NRL
    Another nice guy bites the dust. But it cant continue this way. I am just a supporting member with one ticket for the year, It wont be getting used this year. Sad. My interest has shifted to bird photography and back to fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    John Morris could be good for developing our youngsters in the intern while we wait for a better coach to come to market. Flanagan would be my first choice but I feel like the board wouldn't want him cause of his past I hope not though
    Morris has a reputation (bestowed upon him by the media) of not being able to attract players.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Who are coaches which are available?

Geoff Toovey
    Shane Flannigan
    Michael Maguire
    Paul Green
    Neil Henry
    Trent Barrett
    John Morris
    Anthony Seibold
    Nathan Brown
    Walker Bros

I personally want Shane Flannigan as our coach, we need some heart and mongrel in there, and they need to start playing as a team. Hell he can even bring in his son if it gets the deal across the line.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel with our young squad they have shown glimpses of potential, which might make us more appealing than the Tigers or Warriors, the Bulldogs still have internal fighting going on and Gus looking over your shoulder. But I think we could be in a better position than some other clubs to get the right coach, but we have to make a decision soon or there won't be many left on the market.
    A couple of decent options there. Flanno probably the best, then some combination of John Morris and Madge. Most don't move me.

I think i'm now on the sack Holbrook ship albeit kinda reluctantly as I believe most of the issues with this team might be deeper than who the coach is. Personnel is not there, useless supporting cast around the likes of AJ, Tino and co. etc, huge decline in form from some previous big hitters in Kelly & Thompson amongst others.

Neil Henry wasn't nearly as good as what people remembered btw, he got basically all-time lucky in 2016 with those mid-season signings in Peats, Hurrell, Hayne etc and scraped into the 8 because Parra cheated the cap for the 5th time that decade. I wouldn't be upset if he returned, but lets pump the brakes a bit with the praise i've seen about him on social media, I actually think Jarryd Hayne helped his legacy massively around these parts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Who are coaches which are available?

Geoff Toovey
    Shane Flannigan
    Michael Maguire
    Paul Green
    Neil Henry
    Trent Barrett
    John Morris
    Anthony Seibold
    Nathan Brown
    Walker Bros

- - - Updated - - -
    I agree with the Flanagan option and I hope the Board are not too put off by what happened at the Sharks. The others on the list don't inspire me and something about Green I don't like. He lost the Cowboys in a big way towards the end.
    Flanagan was on commentary last night and hopefully he wasn't put off. This week is the ideal time to appoint a coach as we have the bye and gives us time before the next beating. Preferably they'll get a permanent coach now, not have an interim bloke which is a waste of time, which we don't have.
    All I could confirm out of last night is that Holbrook has lost the room. Players don't usually go backwards as a group like ours have unless they have lost the desire or have no idea what they are supposed to do tactics wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    I actually think Jarryd Hayne helped his legacy massively around these parts lol.
    Hey? He certainly helped his legacy all right. In getting him sacked.

I think If Holbrook does go the club will have to see what the new coach brings as in the team they surround themselves in from assistants to high performance team to game analyst it’s so crucial these days to have these professionals in all facet of the coaching set up
    I read somewhere that Wayne Bennett has a team of 20 odd so when clubs have signed Bennett you sign the his whole entourage

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I agree with the Flanagan option and I hope the Board are not too put off by what happened at the Sharks. The others on the list don't inspire me and something about Green I don't like. He lost the Cowboys in a big way towards the end.
    Flanagan was on commentary last night and hopefully he wasn't put off. This week is the ideal time to appoint a coach as we have the bye and gives us time before the next beating. Preferably they'll get a permanent coach now, not have an interim bloke which is a waste of time, which we don't have.
    All I could confirm out of last night is that Holbrook has lost the room. Players don't usually go backwards as a group like ours have unless they have lost the desire or have no idea what they are supposed to do tactics wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey? He certainly helped his legacy all right. In getting him sacked.
    An otherwise kinda average coach being remembered as Rugby League's Jerry Sloan

Definitely no to Henry, he was very on the nose Hayne or not. Agree there’s something wrong with Green’s aura. Walkers haven’t done anything for years, so nope especially now. Quite like Madge but that’s a stretch and not so much Morris. Love Tooves but surely not so that leaves Flanagan. As an aside where’s Dean Pay?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Really slim pickings, well there are options but all come with baggage. I may be swimming against the tide, but I'm against signing Flanigan for reasons stated. I do admit that he is a real deal coach though and I do fight his commentary more insightful than many on Fox.

I favour a Step 1 - Step 2 approach. Many of these candidates have been hovering around for a long while, and they will still be around.

Let's have some immediate changes and culling on and off the field. Then reassess at the end of the year if we need to put the second boot in. That would be a total demolition/rebuild.

No way I want the players to escape retribution here and just see Holbrook be the fall guy. The idea of sweeping all the other issues, assistant coaching, players attitude, recruitment decisions under the carpet really fires me up.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The clause to avoid a costly payout in Holbrook’s potential Titans exit
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/

The Gold Coast Titans are reportedly on the verge of sacking coach Justin Holbrook following a disastrous loss to the Knights.

The 38-12 loss was their 13th game of the season and sees the Titans remain rooted to the bottom of the NRL ladder.

The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield reports the Titans could sack Holbrook before their next match against the Broncos on July 16.

According to the report, there are clauses in Holbrook’s contract which allow the Titans to terminate him without facing a costly payout.

Holbrook would become the fourth coach sacked this season following the exits of Trent Barrett, Nathan Brown and Michael Maguire.

It is set to create a bidding frenzy with none of the Bulldogs, Warriors or Tigers to have appointed replacement coaches.

Michael Maguire has made it clear he wants another NRL job while Shane Flanagan and Paul Green are also hunting a coaching return.

Cameron Ciraldo has been courted by several sides but has baulked at making the leap from Panthers assistant to head coach.

Holbrook appeared at a loss for answers after the loss to a Knights side missing Kalyn Ponga.

“It was awful,” Holbrook said after the game.

“We didn’t know what we were doing out there (defence). We’ve got a lot to fix up.

“I am (lost for answers) tonight. In the last game we competed hard against the Sharks, then tonight we’re a million miles off. We have to look at the team and who’s running out there.

“There’s been a lot of things (go wrong). We’ve got guys in positions not doing their job well enough for the NRL.

“We’re so disappointed. We’ve got to make a few changes now and get back into it.”

The news follows the sacking of the Titans high performance manager Klint Hoare earlier this season as the embattled club looked to turn their season around.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Maybe ciraldo could be enticed by the chance you build with our junior nursery remember hearing he was impressed with tigers meeting plus the chance to coach fifita

I don't think we are in any position to take a chance on a rookie coach such as Ciraldo. Don't get me wrong he may turn out to be fantastic but our club needs the confidence/stability of a proven performer with a no fuss attitude.
    I'll say it again there in one legitimate choice and I'm starting to feel we're a pretty good fit for Flanagan to re-establish himself as a premium Coach

Todd Payton is proof that not all rookie coaches are bad. This is a bloke who got the Warriors up week after week despite all the interruptions during the Covid period and now he's led the Cows to a top 4 team in his first season there.

Payten was not a rookie coach at NQ