Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

This season is more than done, it’s cremated. Let’s start contacting the club directly and voicing our frustrations. I am over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    This season is more than done, it’s cremated. Let’s start contacting the club directly and voicing our frustrations. I am over it.
    I'll follow your lead. Our club is at a critical juncture and we put our hard earnt into the club as well as our valuable time. It's going to be very tough for our Membership Department to sell this.

Some ideas for Titans fans to enjoy the remainder of their weekend.

• Stranger Things season 4 final episodes dropped on Netflix.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Suggestion: watch Abigail in #96 to remember what used to be … lol … but more exciting than Holbrook whose lip sync interviews would look at home co-starring with Skippy.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Looks like Holbrook will be gone before the next game.

Cannot come quick enough for someone who fails to take any responsibility for the teams pathetic performances this year.

It is always I have prepared the team well during the week.

The best choice is Flanagan who has a proven record in the NRL

Flanno can coach but I’ve said before I don’t know if he’s a genuine option with his past.

Example A
    https://twitter.com/katzo60/status/1...KNFqavxPEm8SRQ

Give the walker brothers the rest of the year, can't be any worse. It's hard cause there's not alot of good coaches our there but the talents here on paper we just need an experienced coach with a hard nosed reputation who can get the players committed

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Flanno can coach but I’ve said before I don’t know if he’s a genuine option with his past.

Example A
    https://twitter.com/katzo60/status/1...KNFqavxPEm8SRQ
    I hear what you say but our days of hiring inexperienced coaches has been a dismal failure. The only experienced coaches who have won a premiership are Madge and Green who both are far too over the top and Flanagan who seems to have the best balance. He has served his time and contracts can be specifically structured.

I also think there needs to be a completely restructured setup with hiring people who have delivered results in their respective roles similarly what the Broncos did with theiir operations last year and now have people in all positions with demonstrated performance.

Finally, whoever developed and approved our 2030 plan stating we will win 2 premierships just shows they do not have an understanding on how difficult it is to win 1 let alone 2 premierships. It maybe an internal benchmark to achieve but not a publicised performance indicator which just sets the club up for public ridicule.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 02-07-22 at 11:07 AM.

First Grader

DT Article

The Gold Coast Titans are on the verge of sacking embattled coach Justin Holbrook after Friday’s diabolical performance against the Newcastle Knights.

News Corp understands there are performance clauses in his contract that allows Titans owners to terminate the coaching deal without facing a huge payout.

It is now a matter of the club deciding when to pull the trigger.

There is talk it could even happen before their next game against the Broncos on July 16, following next week’s bye.

It gives the club two weeks to settle on a caretaker or a permanent replacement for Holbrook.

Stream every game of every round of the 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership Season Live & Ad-Break Free During Play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-days free now.
    The Titans are set to sack head coach Justin Holbrook after one of the worst half performances in recent memory. Picture: Getty Images.
    The Titans are set to sack head coach Justin Holbrook after one of the worst half performances in recent memory. Picture: Getty Images.

The club is languishing on the bottom of the ladder with only three wins from 16 games, after making the finals last year.

The performance against the Knights, especially the first half, was one of the worst from any NRL side in recent memory.

Afterwards, Holbrook unloaded on the players.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Stream 25+ news channels live, only on Flash. New to Flash? Start your free trial

“It was awful,” Holbrook said after the game last night.

“We didn’t know what we were doing out there (defence). We’ve got a lot to fix up.

“I am (lost for answers) tonight. In the last game we competed hard against the Sharks, then tonight we’re a million miles off. We have to look at the team and who’s running out there.

“There’s been a lot of things (go wrong). We’ve got guys in positions not doing their job well enough for the NRL.

“We’re so disappointed. We’ve got to make a few changes now and get back into it.”

It is understood the Titans would go for an experienced coach, either Shane Flanagan or Paul Green, rather than gamble on anyone on untried.

Meanwhile, Jarrod Wallace is facing a two game ban after being sent-off on Friday night.

The Titans prop has been hit with a grade two dangerous throw for his tackle on Newcastle utility Sasagi Simi.

He was sent from the field in the final 10 minutes.

David Klemmer was not charged after being sin-binned for a punch.

I must admit that this year is a complete shock and disappointment to where we are on the ladder. I thought with the players we have we should be in the 8 or there about.

I feel really sorry for Justin Holbrook as he is a nice guy and can obviously coach with his results in the past. It’s a case of where did it all go wrong? I feel the experienced guys in the team have not set the standards and have let Tino on his own. Someone else mentioned it but I feel those around Holbrook should be made accountable and not him. If there is an area I feel needs a big change is the recruitment team. We have managed to get some big signings but other signings have left many scratching their head. Some signings seem opportunistic as some people have links to the NZ team.

Not sure how long on Mal’s contract but he needs to be more hands on. If his contract is up soon we should go all in to get Cameron Smith on board.

I’ve always been a fan of player performance clauses and can’t see them happening anytime soon but I feel that this is an area that needs work out into from the NRL. I know outside the NRL it’s normally the under performing worker that gets moved on and not the manager mostly. It’s strange that in the NRL the player is largely protected and not the manager.

Lastly I feel for the staff at the club that smile and grit their teeth in these situations. They work tirelessly to do their best for the members and fans and sadly they are usually the first line to wear the frustrations.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I must admit that this year is a complete shock and disappointment to where we are on the ladder. I thought with the players we have we should be in the 8 or there about.

I feel really sorry for Justin Holbrook as he is a nice guy and can obviously coach with his results in the past. It’s a case of where did it all go wrong? I feel the experienced guys in the team have not set the standards and have let Tino on his own. Someone else mentioned it but I feel those around Holbrook should be made accountable and not him. If there is an area I feel needs a big change is the recruitment team. We have managed to get some big signings but other signings have left many scratching their head. Some signings seem opportunistic as some people have links to the NZ team.

Not sure how long on Mal’s contract but he needs to be more hands on. If his contract is up soon we should go all in to get Cameron Smith on board.

I’ve always been a fan of player performance clauses and can’t see them happening anytime soon but I feel that this is an area that needs work out into from the NRL. I know outside the NRL it’s normally the under performing worker that gets moved on and not the manager mostly. It’s strange that in the NRL the player is largely protected and not the manager.

Lastly I feel for the staff at the club that smile and grit their teeth in these situations. They work tirelessly to do their best for the members and fans and sadly they are usually the first line to wear the frustrations.
    Good post, mate! What a year. I was thinking of the staff the other day. Imagine having to sift through emails, take calls and cop face to face interactions with exacerbated fans. Hard way to make a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Good post, mate! What a year. I was thinking of the staff the other day. Imagine having to sift through emails, take calls and cop face to face interactions with exacerbated fans. Hard way to make a dollar.
    Yes but that’s their job and have to take the good with the bad. I expect a lot more commentary from our Chairman and especially our CEO who needs to face us. Sure, corporate is vital in the private sector BUT we are a membership based club too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Yes but that’s their job and have to take the good with the bad. I expect a lot more commentary from our Chairman and especially our CEO who needs to face us. Sure, corporate is vital in the private sector BUT we are a membership based club too.
    Yep. Just saying it's not a job I'd like at the moment.

Few words from Dennis Watt per CM article:

“There have been no decisions at all. No-one has spoken. No-one has met. We have no planned meetings or discussions with Justin at the minute,” he said.

“There is definitely a goodwill factor to consider because Justin has had two good seasons here. He took us to the finals last year and that built a lot of hope inside the club and among Titans fans. We have to take that into account.

“The reality is a performance like that was terrible. Things have unravelled this season. Steve Mitchell, our CEO, was down there for the game and it was a disappointing night.

“Fitness and defence are two areas we need to look at. All NRL clubs work hard, but you have to build a reservoir for when you have some tough moments in games.

“We simply need to do better. The fans will cop losses if they see their team having a crack, but they won’t cop losses where there is an apparent lack of effort.”

Edit - this is the same article WD posted but they have just added to it
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 02-07-22 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Few words from Dennis Watt per CM article:

“There have been no decisions at all. No-one has spoken. No-one has met. We have no planned meetings or discussions with Justin at the minute,” he said.

“There is definitely a goodwill factor to consider because Justin has had two good seasons here. He took us to the finals last year and that built a lot of hope inside the club and among Titans fans. We have to take that into account.

“The reality is a performance like that was terrible. Things have unravelled this season. Steve Mitchell, our CEO, was down there for the game and it was a disappointing night.

“Fitness and defence are two areas we need to look at. All NRL clubs work hard, but you have to build a reservoir for when you have some tough moments in games.

“We simply need to do better. The fans will cop losses if they see their team having a crack, but they won’t cop losses where there is an apparent lack of effort.”
    Nothing there I'd disagree with.

Who are coaches which are available?

Geoff Toovey
    Shane Flannigan
    Michael Maguire
    Paul Green
    Neil Henry
    Trent Barrett
    John Morris
    Anthony Seibold
    Nathan Brown
    Walker Bros

Probably some others I have missed in there, feel free to add them in.

I personally want Shane Flannigan as our coach, we need some heart and mongrel in there, and they need to start playing as a team. Hell he can even bring in his son if it gets the deal across the line.

We might have to create "who do we want as our next coach?" Poll.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel with our young squad they have shown glimpses of potential, which might make us more appealing than the Tigers or Warriors, the Bulldogs still have internal fighting going on and Gus looking over your shoulder. But I think we could be in a better position than some other clubs to get the right coach, but we have to make a decision soon or there won't be many left on the market.