Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Yep I looked at the ladder in today's paper (CM digital edition)and it didn't count last nights tigers game. Typical CM.

Immortal

Whilst the Titans certainly have had all sorts of issues at the NRL level, a lot of our Juniors have made great strides, not the least being the emergence of Jojo FIfita.

In addition to Jojo, Lofi Khan-Pereira, Tony Francis and iszac Fa'asuamaleaui have established themselves as Queensland Cup regulars with Tom Weaver and Klese Haas on the verge of doing the same. Kaleb Ngamanu has also played a number of Queensland Cup matches on the wing for Tweed Heads.

We had more Australian School Boys representatives than any other NRL side in Josiah Pahulu, Arama Hau and Keano Kini and the likes of Joseph Shannon has moved up to starting in the Hastings Deering's Colts competition after starting the season in the MM Cup for Burleigh.

You can also throw in U16 players Zane Harrison, Jac Finnigan and Sam Stephenson (all PBC SHS) and Izayah Petrichvich and Ryan McCann (both Coombabah SHS) who have played in the Langer Cup School Boy competition.

I like all of us are disappointed with how we are going in the NRL this season but I absolutely believe that a better future at the NRL level is just around the corner.

On the Rogers article. Could it be seen as a conflict of interest given his player manager business? Also would he expect to be paid for coming and mentoring the boys or would it be for the love of the club ?

- - - Updated - - -

Also what is the going rate for assistant coaches and strength guys ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Whilst the Titans certainly have had all sorts of issues at the NRL level, a lot of our Juniors have made great strides, not the least being the emergence of Jojo FIfita.

In addition to Jojo, Lofi Khan-Pereira, Tony Francis and iszac Fa'asuamaleaui have established themselves as Queensland Cup regulars with Tom Weaver and Klese Haas on the verge of doing the same. Kaleb Ngamanu has also played a number of Queensland Cup matches on the wing for Tweed Heads.

We had more Australian School Boys representatives than any other NRL side in Josiah Pahulu, Arama Hau and Keano Kini and the likes of Joseph Shannon has moved up to starting in the Hastings Deering's Colts competition after starting the season in the MM Cup for Burleigh.

You can also throw in U16 players Zane Harrison, Jac Finnigan and Sam Stephenson (all PBC SHS) and Izayah Petrichvich and Ryan McCann (both Coombabah SHS) who have played in the Langer Cup School Boy competition.

I like all of us are disappointed with how we are going in the NRL this season but I absolutely believe that a better future at the NRL level is just around the corner.
    Thanks doe this post mate. It gives me some hope for the future and you are an absolute asset to our club and this forum with your passion for our junior players.

Yeah I agree 5YC and thanks for the post md but I believe all of that junior potential will count for nothing under this coaching structure...it is diabolical IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to be so glum but this is the reality we face

We will go the way of the old Rabbitohs and end up developing great players for other clubs especially the skeletal one like in the old days. Very despondent right now because who would want to play with this clusterfark.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I don't get how the club could stick with Holbrook if we don't win another game, doesn't matter what roster he's put together or what he did last year the team can't even nail the basics of amatuer rugby league run hard and tackle hard with line speed in defence. We always try to reinvent ourselves every year or two as the new young attacking entertaining team to win the community how bout we get some army people in and build some mental toughness in the group I think Holbrook is too nice, I don't want to lose tino.but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out

Just reading Cameron Smith's book. He talks about how Melbourne wanted to play good attacking footy to win fans but winning is what it's all about. He also says how Bellamy trained the sh!t out of them from the very beginning in preseasons, to instil the physical an mental toughness to not only play under adversity but to be even better when the going got tough.

I don't want to punish our players because they're not getting results. I want to make them uncomfortable in their preseason training, so that they can become champions - for themselves and the team. They deserve it. We need to compensate for our youth and inexperience with a toughness and gritty determination. If we have a preseason like that, it'll sort the wheat from the chaff and we'll have 17 hardened players going hell for leather each week.

Shane Flanagan could be thrown coaching lifeline by Gold Coast Titans

The Titans have considered resurrecting Cronulla premiership mastermind Shane Flanagan’s NRL coaching career in a bid to salvage Justin Holbrook’s tenure at the Gold Coast.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Titans have held high-level internal discussions about bringing Flanagan to the Gold Coast as Holbrook’s right-hand man.

Flanagan, 56, coached Cronulla to its memorable maiden NRL premiership in 2016 and spent a total of eight seasons at the Sharks, transforming the club into a title contender.

With the Titans outright last on the ladder, and Holbrook’s senior assistant Jim Dymock already departing the club, Flanagan has been identified as a figure that could help lift the Gold Coast out of the NRL’s cellar.

The Titans have so far resisted sacking Holbrook and could look to inject genuine NRL premiership nous into the club from next season in the form of Flanagan, who currently works in the Dragons’ recruitment department.

The Titans declined to comment when asked about their interest in Flanagan.

Flanagan said he had not held recent dialogue with the Titans, but spoke to the club last year about a consultancy role and would consider a move to the Gold Coast.

“You don’t rule anything out,” Flanagan said.

“I would consider it, but under my contract with the Dragons, I could only leave if I was offered a head-coaching job.

“I have a lot going on with my life in Sydney, so for me to pack up and move to the Gold Coast would be a big call, but as it stands it hasn’t been put to me.

“I have a lot of stuff on with Fox and the radio and my commitments to the Dragons. I don’t think the Titans would have the money to match it anyway, it would be a big move.

“I haven’t heard anything lately to be honest. I actually know Justin. I was thinking about being a contractor to the Titans, I spoke to them last year about helping them for this season but I haven’t heard anything since then.”

Despite having a proven track record as an NRL coach with a solid 55 per cent winning record (102 wins from 185 games) at Cronulla, Flanagan is a polarising figure within the game.

After taking the reins at Cronulla in 2010, he was banned from coaching the Sharks in 2014 following the club’s infamous peptides scandal.

Flanagan returned to Cronulla in 2015 and led the Sharks to their first NRL premiership a year later in a gripping grand final win against the Melbourne Storm.

But he was once again embroiled in controversy after being found to have violated the terms of his suspension, prompting the NRL to deregister him as a coach in 2018.

Flanagan resurfaced as an assistant to Dragons coach Paul McGregor for the 2020 season but hasn’t coached in the NRL since.

He has been linked to numerous head coaching positions, but re-entering the NRL via an assistant’s role at the Titans could be a possibility.

His no-nonsense approach and clout in the game could be exactly what the Titans need following a disastrous 2022 campaign.

In his third season at the Titans, Holbrook’s record has slumped to 35 per cent with 22 wins from 63 games as he fights to avoid the wooden spoon.

The Titans have only won three games this season in unconvincing fashion, beating the Tigers on the final siren, Warriors by two points and Dragons in golden point.

With a contract until the end of 2024, the Titans are reluctant to punt Holbrook and are giving him every opportunity to make his career a success at the Gold Coast.

Drafting in a coach with Flanagan’s pedigree to assist him could help Holbrook hang on to his job at the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Shane Flanagan could be thrown coaching lifeline by Gold Coast Titans

The Titans have considered resurrecting Cronulla premiership mastermind Shane Flanagan’s NRL coaching career in a bid to salvage Justin Holbrook’s tenure at the Gold Coast.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Titans have held high-level internal discussions about bringing Flanagan to the Gold Coast as Holbrook’s right-hand man.

Flanagan, 56, coached Cronulla to its memorable maiden NRL premiership in 2016 and spent a total of eight seasons at the Sharks, transforming the club into a title contender.

With the Titans outright last on the ladder, and Holbrook’s senior assistant Jim Dymock already departing the club, Flanagan has been identified as a figure that could help lift the Gold Coast out of the NRL’s cellar.

The Titans have so far resisted sacking Holbrook and could look to inject genuine NRL premiership nous into the club from next season in the form of Flanagan, who currently works in the Dragons’ recruitment department.

The Titans declined to comment when asked about their interest in Flanagan.

Flanagan said he had not held recent dialogue with the Titans, but spoke to the club last year about a consultancy role and would consider a move to the Gold Coast.

“You don’t rule anything out,” Flanagan said.

“I would consider it, but under my contract with the Dragons, I could only leave if I was offered a head-coaching job.

“I have a lot going on with my life in Sydney, so for me to pack up and move to the Gold Coast would be a big call, but as it stands it hasn’t been put to me.

“I have a lot of stuff on with Fox and the radio and my commitments to the Dragons. I don’t think the Titans would have the money to match it anyway, it would be a big move.

“I haven’t heard anything lately to be honest. I actually know Justin. I was thinking about being a contractor to the Titans, I spoke to them last year about helping them for this season but I haven’t heard anything since then.”

Despite having a proven track record as an NRL coach with a solid 55 per cent winning record (102 wins from 185 games) at Cronulla, Flanagan is a polarising figure within the game.

After taking the reins at Cronulla in 2010, he was banned from coaching the Sharks in 2014 following the club’s infamous peptides scandal.

Flanagan returned to Cronulla in 2015 and led the Sharks to their first NRL premiership a year later in a gripping grand final win against the Melbourne Storm.

But he was once again embroiled in controversy after being found to have violated the terms of his suspension, prompting the NRL to deregister him as a coach in 2018.

Flanagan resurfaced as an assistant to Dragons coach Paul McGregor for the 2020 season but hasn’t coached in the NRL since.

He has been linked to numerous head coaching positions, but re-entering the NRL via an assistant’s role at the Titans could be a possibility.

His no-nonsense approach and clout in the game could be exactly what the Titans need following a disastrous 2022 campaign.

In his third season at the Titans, Holbrook’s record has slumped to 35 per cent with 22 wins from 63 games as he fights to avoid the wooden spoon.

The Titans have only won three games this season in unconvincing fashion, beating the Tigers on the final siren, Warriors by two points and Dragons in golden point.

With a contract until the end of 2024, the Titans are reluctant to punt Holbrook and are giving him every opportunity to make his career a success at the Gold Coast.

Drafting in a coach with Flanagan’s pedigree to assist him could help Holbrook hang on to his job at the Titans.
    Fingers crossed we can make it happen. We could do a lot worse and if the results don't improve, he could slot straight in.

Bit of a nothing bullcrap article. Has mal meninga said anything this year or even been sighted lately? Isn't that what he's supposed to be doing. He should oversee training for a week like Gus did

What good coach would want to be this dropkick’s sidekick?
    Tell them to f@ck off Flano

Speculative article at best and will disregard until something is signed.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Speculative article at best and will disregard until something is signed.
    Yep

I'm surprised that Flanagans only way out of his Dragons contract is if he gets a head coaching role elsewhere. His role there is a "list management consultant". There's a fair few levels between there and head coach

I'd say it wouldn't be in his contract he just wants a head coaching roll