Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    David Klemmer could solve a lot of issues in our forward pack
    Rate him highly as a player. Just wish he didn't have the temper.

Temper...I think we need more temper.

It’s not his temper that’s the worry, it’s who he directs it at. He and Tino would have a great ole battle for who can take the most hit-ups each set … lol.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    David Klemmer could solve a lot of issues in our forward pack
    Enough props in squad, cant afford another + 700k forward with so many gaps in the rest of the squad

It's clear we don't have a game plan or the halves to use our 1.2 million dollar man on the edge and fifitas attitude probably plays apart if you look at the lines he runs verses the lines fermour runs, is it time to just move fifita to prop or lock to get him more involved, he's already making heaps of tackles on the edge anyway get him running straight and hard a 1 2 punch with tino

Yep Fifita is an absolute disaster and really personifies this coach’s short comings with not having a clear game plan on how he is best utilised as one of the games greatest attacking weapons….shame shame shame.
    Anyway this leads me to ask the question ‘Why does this club continuously pay big money for marquee signings that never work out but are reluctant to pay for a decent coach that comes with a higher price tag?’

It’s bewildering to think about really because we are limited by the salary cap with player’s salaries yet the coach falls outside of the cap and has the greatest influence on a teams performance but we only ever seem to go for what seems to be the best budget buy.

Number one mistake and needs addressing asap or we’ll be forever doomed

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Yep Fifita is an absolute disaster and really personifies this coach’s short comings with not having a clear game plan on how he is best utilised as one of the games greatest attacking weapons….shame shame shame.
    Anyway this leads me to ask the question ‘Why does this club continuously pay big money for marquee signings that never work out but are reluctant to pay for a decent coach that comes with a higher price tag?’

It’s bewildering to think about really because we are limited by the salary cap with player’s salaries yet the coach falls outside of the cap and has the greatest influence on a teams performance but we only ever seem to go for what seems to be the best budget buy.

Number one mistake and needs addressing asap or we’ll be forever doomed
    Ravs, is the Titans being reluctant to pay for a decent coach something that has actually happened? I don't think this is true. Recruiting Holbrook because he was the "best budget buy" is just nonsense.

Hiring an elite coach isn't as simple as pick one off the shelf and go with it.

HS how much is Hurricane on?

before or after tax?

11 Justin Holbrook
    Coaching record: 3 seasons, 54 games, 21 wins, 1 finals appearance, no wins
    Career strike rate: 38.9 per cent
    Open market value: $500,000
    They reckon you don’t really know what a coach is made of until they go through their first real tough patch, which is exactly where Holbrook is at right now. Reports suggest he is on $575,000 and he needs to start justifying that salary with wins. A lot of people were expecting big things from the Titans this year but all these positional shifts are just adding to the confusion.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...01a7ea77d668ea

May 12, 2022 - 2:02PM
    News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Wow sensing a bit of animosity there HS but that’s fine it really doesn’t bother me.

Anyway IMO when we first signed Hurricane he would have been comparatively cheap and I would imagine that he’s still a lot cheaper compared to what would be considered the top echelon of coaches.

There has been a fair bit of chatter in the media of late that suggests the Titans couldn’t afford or are reluctant to pay what the likes of a Flanagan or Green would expect.

I think it’s clear our history shows we don’t spend a lot on coaches.

Banned

I wish we kept Mitch Rein

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    I wish we kept Mitch Rein
    Actually CT I recon he would have been real handy as a player coach right now

Wow sensing a bit of animosity there HS but that’s fine it really doesn’t bother me.

Anyway IMO when we first signed Hurricane he would have been comparatively cheap and I would imagine that he’s still a lot cheaper compared to what would be considered the top echelon of coaches.

There has been a fair bit of chatter in the media of late that suggests the Titans couldn’t afford or are reluctant to pay what the likes of a Flanagan or Green would expect.

I think it’s clear our history shows we don’t spend a lot on coaches.
    Not animosity, sarcasm just doesn’t translate well through online forums. Sorry if it came across that way

The chatter in the media of late is referring to how much Flanagan would need to be paid as an assistant coach, and it was brought up because he’s being well remunerated from Fox as well as consulting for the Dragons. Not because the club is cheap on coaching salaries.

If signing a top coach was as simple as handing out a big cheque whenever you’re ready, it’d be simple. Fact is that getting guys like Bellamy and Robinson out of the successful clubs they’re at goes beyond exceeding their already chunky salaries.

I don’t think you’re entirely off the mark that funds can be spent better Ravs - but to say they’re being cheap with coaching contracts is misdirected and unsubstantiated IMO. I reckon that criticism is better directed at our inexperienced and substandard wider football department

From the same article.

1 Craig Bellamy
    Coaching record: 20 seasons, 507 games, 357 wins, 9 grand finals, 5 wins
    Career strike rate: 70.4 per cent
    Open market value: $2m
    Bellamy’s last deal was reportedly worth anywhere between $1.4m to $1.7m-a-season. So a $2m price tag is not at all far-fetched, especially when third-party arrangements are factored in. Bellamy is also the only man in the game – coach or player – who could justify a $2m-a-season salary because his value goes way beyond a phenomenal 70.4 per cent winning strike rate. It is as much about Bellamy’s ability to get the absolute best out of super talent as it is transforming rejects from lesser clubs into valuable members of the NRL’s benchmark system. And he’s done it now for 20 straight seasons.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady