Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

I'd prefer someone who can build something and who will leave something behind that can be build on.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

John Morris showed something with the sharks I think

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Toovey?
    I feel blessed I was able to see both Toovey and Langer play in their debut seasons. No braver pair in my mind in very different times to now. Not sure about his coaching but huge respect.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I'd be really happy with Hannay on board. He's got a great reputation. And I've always liked Toovey (especially his RIDICULOUS clip on YouTube). How about Hannay as Head Coach and Toovs as Assistant? Either of them would be a good assistant for Holbrook but Toovs would probably be my choice in that role.

Thanks Titanic and Ravs for throwing those options up. I'd somehow forgotten them. I reckon Green and Toovs might be a good combination too but prefer Hannay to Green.

Holbrook to stay, NRL short on experienced assistants, we just got rid of one in Dymock. I’m thinking they might look to Rick Stone from a Burleigh as an assistant

https://twitter.com/7NewsGoldCoast/s...G539AwD5J_10Kw

Great news with Treymain Spry playing with Tweed this weekend.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

SportNRL
    NRL 2022: Gold Coast Titans target premiership winners to help coach Justin Holbrook
    While Titans bosses insist Justin Holbrook will get a shot at redemption next season, the club has drawn up a hit list of premiership-winning coaches to bolster his coaching staff.
    Peter Badel
    and
    Travis Meyn
    5 min read
    August 4, 2022 - 3:09PM
    News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
    23 comments

The Titans have drawn up a hit list of the code’s most successful premiership-winning mentors in a bid to help underfire coach Justin Holbrook rebuild the embattled Gold Coast next season.
    As revealed by News Corp, former Sharks coach Shane Flanagan has been flagged as a possible assistant and premiership duo Paul Green and Michael Maguire are also on the radar as options to support Holbrook in the battle to save his job.

There were fears a heavy loss to Melbourne at AAMI Park on Friday night could herald the sacking of Holbrook, but Titans chairman Dennis Watt insists the 46-year-old is safe and will get a shot at redemption next season.

In a bid to give Holbrook every chance to lead a recovery mission, the Titans are leaving no stone unturned, identifying some of the code’s most decorated mentors to beef-up their coaching unit for 2023.

The Titans have yet to make formal offers but the likes of Flanagan, Green and Maguire are viewed as the type of proven performers who can help Holbrook reignite the Gold Coast as a finals force.

Former Cowboys and Maroons coach Paul Green is on the Titans’ radar to help head coach Justin Holbrook next season.
    Maguire, Green and Flanagan celebrated maiden premiership rings in three successive seasons. Maguire helped Souths to the title in 2014, Green broke through with the Cowboys the following season and Flanagan smashed Cronulla’s 50-year premiership hoodoo in 2016.

Holbrook will be consulted on his right-hand man to replace Jim Dymock and Watt says Titans bosses are determined to give their coach the best available resources to lead a Gold Coast rescue.

“Justin is our head coach and we’re backing him,” Watt told News Corp. “We want to be surrounding him with strong assistants and the best available people in the game.

“It’s been a tough season for us but our focus now is giving Justin what he needs to succeed.”

Asked on Brisbane radio if Flanagan is a possible assistant for Holbrook, Watt added: “If you’re going to put a list together of the most capable and celebrated in the game, he (Flanagan) would certainly be on that list.”

Money could be one impediment to securing one of the high-profile trio.

NRL assistant coaches earn between $130,000-$250,000 a season and Flanagan, Green or Maguire could be out of the Titans’ price range.

Flanagan has not been formally approached by Gold Coast at this stage, but is open to helping out, saying the Titans must find their soul as a football club.

“The Titans don’t have an identity at the moment,” he said.

“They need to find out what they are good at and make a mark.

“With the Dolphins coming in, they could risk being the third poor brother to the two Brisbane teams if they don’t pull their finger out.

“The Titans have some good young forwards like Tino (Fa’asuamaleaui), but they need to sort out their halves and fullback if they want to get back up there again as a finals team.”

A loss to the Storm would represent the last-placed Titans’ 10th consecutive loss and Holbrook was tight-lipped about his future assistant.

“We know we’ve got to fill an assistant coach (role),” he said.

“We haven’t made a decision on that or spoken to anybody yet. We’re looking at all options and we’ll decide over the coming weeks.

“There’s no top target. It’s like every other club, assistants change and nothing really gets mentioned. There’s no-one in line at this stage. We’re looking at all options. We are collating ones that are available, ones interested and we’ll go from there.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...59ecdea4536d7b

You're on fire BT. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    You're on fire BT. Thanks for sharing.
    Procrastinating for doing my Uni work.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/gctitans/status/1555116977295073280?s=21&t=h8l4bmn3v124v0578cKT1Q

Worth the watch. Also perspective to what not only Erin but many other players have gone through over the past two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Flanagan has not been formally approached by Gold Coast at this stage,
    This is why I don’t believe Titans will go after Flanagan. They simply cannot afford any more controversy.
    They haven’t approached him and in my opinion (for what it is worth) won’t.

Whoever they put in as assistant coach is basically the next coach in waiting similar to Henry as Cartwright's assistant.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Whoever they put in as assistant coach is basically the next coach in waiting similar to Henry as Cartwright's assistant.
    Where is King these days? An option?

I always liked Henry but I don't think he is an option after the way he was treated.

Madge might make a good assistant to Holbrook in that tough-trainer style role. Justin must be a man-manager style coach as his technical prowess isn't obvious. Maybe his assistant needs to be a balance of technical + tough trainer. If that's the case, Green might be the pick as Assistant.

If Billy doesn't want the head coaching job, could we give him the Assistant's job? Or Smithy? If the Assistant is the Head Coach in waiting, this would be a great way to end up with someone who understands the club and the players and set up long-term future success. Hannay might also fit into this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    That's true and how I see it.

Still a no for Flanagan for reasons stated by me and others. Related to his time at the Sharks.

I will agree that he is talented and insightful. When he speaks I do listen.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

David Klemmer could solve a lot of issues in our forward pack