Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Flanagan could get JC on the 2016 Cronulla diet we'd be unstoppable lol

Agree Ravs. Flano was quick to talk himself out of the job. A confected "head coaching role" clause in his contract? - when the job would be rungs above his current station. Then with all his commitments in Sydney, he says he'd have to be paid a lot. I'm not sure he's our guy. I think he takes too many shortcuts to win, as proven previously. I appreciate his honesty (and transparent self interest). The Dragons list isn't one you'd put in your resume either. Maybe he's after Hook's job. He was rumoured to be too keen on Mary's, while assistant with him.

In saying all that, he has some coaching qualities that would toughen us up physically and get us defending well. He would flog us in the preseason and I hope whoever gets the job does that to give us the edge under fatigue. The shortcuts indicate a mental weakness though, which could be contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    Just reading Cameron Smith's book. He talks about how Melbourne wanted to play good attacking footy to win fans but winning is what it's all about. He also says how Bellamy trained the sh!t out of them from the very beginning in preseasons, to instil the physical an mental toughness to not only play under adversity but to be even better when the going got tough.

I don't want to punish our players because they're not getting results. I want to make them uncomfortable in their preseason training, so that they can become champions - for themselves and the team. They deserve it. We need to compensate for our youth and inexperience with a toughness and gritty determination. If we have a preseason like that, it'll sort the wheat from the chaff and we'll have 17 hardened players going hell for leather each week.
    100% agree with this and it needs to happen. Boot Camp style training demonstrably works. Get it done and stop pampering these highly paid athletes.

If we get Flanaghan then how do we like these crumpets: Flanaghan/Foran as half's? Not my pickle juice but then again wtf.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I think we definitely should be holding talks with Flanagan, hes won a premiership and it was not like it was a full star studded team he did it with. He will make them play as a a unit and make the boys have a dig. I would still rather Flanagan take the head coaching role and have the right support staff.

I think seeing how Holbrook has reacted to adversity shows just how cooked he really is, his line up selections have been very questionable, he keeps blaming losses on our inexperienced spine which he put together and takes no accountability, his bench rotations has been a shambles, he has been poor at selecting players best positions (eg Erin Clarke at 9), half the players have regressed from last year. Our forward pack which was supposed to be our biggest strength this year is abysmal, we still can't do basic tackling techniques as every opposition hit up we lose 5-10m in post contact metres, our attacking sets in for tries is virtually non existent, our team is mentally the weakest in the competition by a mile and it still hasn't been addressed.

I used to have faith in Holbrook but seeing the team he rolls out each week really makes me question if he is watching the same game I do. Safe to say the League of Titans could probably do a better job at identifying talent and finding the right 17 to field a team (and make necessary adjustment week too week). End of the day....sack Holbrook bring in Flanagan!

I agree with all of those observations indoallstars and like you, I used to have faith in Holbrook. There's something I really like about him but he's obviously too nice in the cutthroat world of NRL coaching.

Flano is definitely not too nice but anyone who sets up a private account to pay a guy to run a program that the NRL deems against every fibre of the game, just isn't our guy. He's also shown us disrespect with the way he responded to reports. He doesn't want to coach us. The Sharks in 2016 was his life's work up to that point and he won the GF - that's a great achievement but does he still have the drive? Sure he's won a premiership but so did Paul Green the year before, and Madge the year before that. They're not so popular anymore. That Sharks team was pretty handy too - just about a NSW backrow, Fifita and Barba not far off their peak and Ennis and Maloney for direction. Definitely well coached though, so I'll give him that. I just don't see him wanting the job enough and he's got an integrity problem.

I reckon you're bang on about our psychology though. We need a really good psychologist at our club. The players have looked like they don't think they deserve to win for years. All those big leads thrown away. The player regression is a real concern but they can all turn it around with the right help.

The post-contact metres we give away is a problem and a big contributor to that is our lack of line speed and our propensity to slide as a unit instead of up and in, when it matters. Our kick chase is also very poor as a rule and our kicks aren't that deep.

But let's be positive, I mean, how much worse can it get? The turning point has to be close.

Banned

I don't know why we didn't release some players on loan to Melbourne Storm when our season is gone

Give Corey Thompson to the storm

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I think we definitely should be holding talks with Flanagan, hes won a premiership and it was not like it was a full star studded team he did it with. He will make them play as a a unit and make the boys have a dig. I would still rather Flanagan take the head coaching role and have the right support staff.

I think seeing how Holbrook has reacted to adversity shows just how cooked he really is, his line up selections have been very questionable, he keeps blaming losses on our inexperienced spine which he put together and takes no accountability, his bench rotations has been a shambles, he has been poor at selecting players best positions (eg Erin Clarke at 9), half the players have regressed from last year. Our forward pack which was supposed to be our biggest strength this year is abysmal, we still can't do basic tackling techniques as every opposition hit up we lose 5-10m in post contact metres, our attacking sets in for tries is virtually non existent, our team is mentally the weakest in the competition by a mile and it still hasn't been addressed.

I used to have faith in Holbrook but seeing the team he rolls out each week really makes me question if he is watching the same game I do. Safe to say the League of Titans could probably do a better job at identifying talent and finding the right 17 to field a team (and make necessary adjustment week too week). End of the day....sack Holbrook bring in Flanagan!
    You've just absolutely hit the nail on the head!!!

While I think Flanagan as an assistant would be what we need, cannot cop him as head coach due to his history.
    I don’t know what other options are out there for assistant, it seems to be the popular opinion we need a hard head as a foil to Holbrook’s softer approach. I don’t know of any hard heads out there that also come with experience and a big reputation.

With more articles in the paper over the last couple of days- Flanagan, Hunt etc it seems every discussion within Titans HQ is leaking out to the press and makes the club look likes it’s in a bit of disarray from an admin position.

Does the signing of Fermour on 4 yr contract smell of panic or deflection? I like Beau but like AJ I don’t see him as requiring 4 or 5 year contract.

I interested to see what develops with Asst Coaches, new Fitness person and Recruitment team. These 3 appointments are more important than signing of players fro 2023

How about Noddy or Hannay as an assistant? I have no faith in ex Titans, except maybe Friend, because they all failed like the current crop. Other Qlders are either media stars, tainted or not available.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Banned

Does anyone listen to Bloke in a bar podcast on youtube

They talk about how good Corey Thompson is

They say he earned his spot

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    If we get Flanaghan then how do we like these crumpets: Flanaghan/Foran as half's? Not my pickle juice but then again wtf.
    Way better than current

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    While I think Flanagan as an assistant would be what we need, cannot cop him as head coach due to his history.
    I don’t know what other options are out there for assistant, it seems to be the popular opinion we need a hard head as a foil to Holbrook’s softer approach. I don’t know of any hard heads out there that also come with experience and a big reputation.

With more articles in the paper over the last couple of days- Flanagan, Hunt etc it seems every discussion within Titans HQ is leaking out to the press and makes the club look likes it’s in a bit of disarray from an admin position.

Does the signing of Fermour on 4 yr contract smell of panic or deflection? I like Beau but like AJ I don’t see him as requiring 4 or 5 year contract.

I interested to see what develops with Asst Coaches, new Fitness person and Recruitment team. These 3 appointments are more important than signing of players fro 2023

You want a hardhead what about Toovey?
    I don't think he would cost a fortune and you will certainly get 100% of guts, commitment and no f@ck around attitude.
    Someone please remind me why he would be no good? (I'm sure MT will be all over this)

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    Does anyone listen to Bloke in a bar podcast on youtube

They talk about how good Corey Thompson is

They say he earned his spot
    The are always pro player. They said sacking proctor was a mistake too

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Safe to say the League of Titans could probably do a better job at identifying talent and finding the right 17 to field a team (and make necessary adjustment week too week).
    Let's do it gang! But we train them.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    How about Noddy or Hannay as an assistant? I have no faith in ex Titans, except maybe Friend, because they all failed like the current crop. Other Qlders are either media stars, tainted or not available.
    Toovey?