7 Foran
    9. Verrills
    14. Boyd to cover 7, 6 and 9

1. Campbell
    6. AJ
    7. Foran
    9. Verrills
    14. Boyd

I'm not ready to relegate AJ to one side of the field yet unless we have another bad start next year. Verrills and Foran are big upgrades from what we had this year at 7 and 9. Boyd is also a handy utility and can cover most spine positions off the bench.

I have Sexton well below these guys at the moment and he should start next season on the outside looking in until he shows in QCup he deserves another shot.

Rep Player

I think AJ is a better fullback (currently) than JC, but I think the overall team would be better with AJ at centre and a spine of:

1. JC
    6. Foran
    7. Boyd
    9. Verrills

I’ve been a Boyd detractor but the last few weeks he has really stepped up. He has earned the 7 jersey for the foreseeable future as far as I’m concerned. He also solves our goalkicking conundrum.

That said, I think we will get AJ at fullback with JC at 14.

Anybody want to consider that it seems that AJ, Boyd AND Foran all play on the left side?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Anybody want to consider that it seems that AJ, Boyd AND Foran all play on the left side?
    Boyd has been playing right side when he’s been in the 7 and has looked more comfortable there than on the left. Surely you saw the big looping spiral pass to put Jojo in the corner?

=15. TITANS

Halfback: Tanah Boyd

A rookie in every sense of the word, Boyd is facing an initiation of fire.

Rating: 4

Five-eighth: Alexander Brimson

An attacking player who has made a fist out of No.6. Many think his best position is fullback.

Rating: 6

Back-up: Toby Sexton, Paul Turner

Plenty of options – but none have worked.

Development: Thomas Weaver, Shallin Fuller

The Titans have a huge nursery but have struggled to compete with the Broncos and the Dolphins when it comes to second tier recruitment and retention.

news corp article rating each clubs halves depth apparently were 15th with the Australian schoolboys half waiting in the wings

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    =15. TITANS

Halfback: Tanah Boyd

A rookie in every sense of the word, Boyd is facing an initiation of fire.

Five-eighth: Alexander Brimson

An attacking player who has made a fist out of No.6. Many think his best position is fullback.

Rating: 6

Back-up: Toby Sexton, Paul Turner

Plenty of options – but none have worked.

Development: Thomas Weaver, Shallin Fuller

The Titans have a huge nursery but have struggled to compete with the Broncos and the Dolphins when it comes to second tier recruitment and retention.

news corp article rating each clubs halves depth apparently were 15th with the Australian schoolboys half waiting in the wings
    I think 15th is fair at this point in time. As much promise as Weaver has, he’s currently 73 kg so I wouldn’t even consider him as depth until he puts on another 10 kg.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Boyd has been playing right side when he’s been in the 7 and has looked more comfortable there than on the left. Surely you saw the big looping spiral pass to put Jojo in the corner?
    yes I did and I hope to see more.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I do want to see next season two different line ups with the halves and backs because I think a lot will depend on if Jayden can bulk up in the off season and whether or not AJ can bring his same form as last game at 5/8 consistently.

I think you would have to say it would like either:

1. Jayden Campbell
    2. Greg Marzhew
    3. Jojo Fifita
    4. AJ Brimson
    5. Treymaine Sprye
    6. Keiran Foran
    7. Tanah Boyd

Or

1. Jayden Campbell
    2. Greg Marzhew
    3. Jojo Fifita
    4. Brian Kelly/ Philip Sami
    5. Treymaine Sprye
    6. AJ Brimson
    7. Keiran Foran

I think the centres debate will get interesting because I think Jojo is a future centre, but I don't know who we put in the other centre position is it Brian Kelly, Philip Sami, Treymaine Sprye (I know no one wants to see Patrick Herbert there) or is it even AJ.

I don't know which line up looks more lethal. I have made the assumptions that:
    - Jayden will bulk up in the off season and improve on his 1 on 1 defense
    - Jojo Fifita transitions well in to the centre position (his defensive reads have been the best out of the backline)
    - Greg Marzhew defence would improve with a more competent centre on his inside
    - Treymaine will continue his recovery well and have provide a bigger body on the wing, with strength and speed
    - AJ if he keeps playing well keeps the 5/8 position, if he's not following the ball he moves to plug our centre issue (or back to fullback depending on JC)
    - I think Tanah had looked far more deadly at halfback then Sexton has, however if Foran can game manage then maybe Tanahs best position is 14

Just to nip this one in the bud quickly..

The NRL 2022: Michael Maguire rejects Titans deal, Trent Barrett to join Parramatta Eels as assistant coach article posted by the Courier Mail i.e. https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...383919bb0a11de

does not actually mention that Maguire was considered, spoken to, or offered a position by the Titans. It just says Madge told News Corp (in what I assume was a completely different, non-titans specific conversation) that he has no interest in being an assistant coach.

Relevant part of the article:

"Holbrook said he had not spoken to Parker since the former Queensland Origin and Kangaroos star raised the prospect of joining the Titans last week.

“I haven’t spoken to Corey,” he said.

“He was a terrific player for a long time and is doing a great job commentating.

“There’s lots of talk around that (assistants). I don’t want to comment on staff and players.

“We’ve got a couple of key players coming next year which is great. We’ve got a good opportunity to get it right next year.

“We’re getting closer (to finalising our staff). I don’t want to speculate until things are locked in.”

While Holbrook was reluctant to go into specifics around his appointments, it’s clear Maguire will not be heading to the Gold Coast.

Maguire told News Corp he has no interest in being an assistant as he looks to eventually resurrect his career as a head coach in the NRL.
    "

Yes I am the Titans related Courier Mail FBI
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 18-08-22 at 06:01 PM.

Hannay or bust? Or can we get Billy and Smithy to jobshare?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Just to nip this one in the bud quickly..

The NRL 2022: Michael Maguire rejects Titans deal, Trent Barrett to join Parramatta Eels as assistant coach article posted by the Courier Mail i.e. https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...383919bb0a11de

does not actually mention that Maguire was considered, spoken to, or offered a position by the Titans. It just says Madge told News Corp (in what I assume was a completely different, non-titans specific conversation) that he has no interest in being an assistant coach.

Relevant part of the article:

"Holbrook said he had not spoken to Parker since the former Queensland Origin and Kangaroos star raised the prospect of joining the Titans last week.

“I haven’t spoken to Corey,” he said.

“He was a terrific player for a long time and is doing a great job commentating.

“There’s lots of talk around that (assistants). I don’t want to comment on staff and players.

“We’ve got a couple of key players coming next year which is great. We’ve got a good opportunity to get it right next year.

“We’re getting closer (to finalising our staff). I don’t want to speculate until things are locked in.”

While Holbrook was reluctant to go into specifics around his appointments, it’s clear Maguire will not be heading to the Gold Coast.

Maguire told News Corp he has no interest in being an assistant as he looks to eventually resurrect his career as a head coach in the NRL.
    "

Yes I am the Titans related Courier Mail FBI
    HS. I think your on the money as the Steve Michael’s members forum didn’t seem to indicate a previous NRL coach is what they were looking at.

Speaking of the Steve Michael’s members forum, he was very impressive and was fairly frank and open considering the boundaries in what could be disclosed
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 18-08-22 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    HS. I think your on the money as the Steve Michael’s members forum didn’t seem to indicate a previous NRL coach is what they were looking at.

Speaking of the Steve Michael’s members forum, he was very impressive and was fairly frank and open considering the boundaries in what could be disclosed
    I’m sure he said would hear who the next assistant coach was in the next few days
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

QLD Cup

Thanks for bringing that to everyone’s attention HZ. I thought the exact same thing when reading it. Journalism these days is utter trash. I don’t see why we would hire a coach that has ambitions to be a head coach in the near future. All that will do is cause fractions within the leadership group. Imagine if we hired Flanagan - every time we lost a couple games in a row the media would be calling for Holbrooks head to instate Flanagan. If a head coach role came up elsewhere he’d be gone. It’s lose/lose. Same goes for Madge.

I don’t have an opinion of who we should hire but recycling an old head coach who has been fired for not performing would be a backwards step if you ask me.

Are there any decent female football brains out there that have been overlooked that would be of benefit to the Titans? We (media) seem to roll out the same names that have failed elsewhere. Ex or current players in the Titans squad that would be an asset?