Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Watching the last couple of games on replay Herbert’s body language has been really poor. There is quite a few occasions where players haven’t passed him the ball and he’s just thrown his arms up in the air. A couple of times the mic has picked him yelling in disgust too (although you can’t hear the actual words). Might explain that really poor attempt of a defensive read against the bunnies late in the game, but it’s obvious that some of the players aren’t happy.
    I’m ok with this. I like players who want to be involved and think they could possibly do something with the ball. Yes Herbert has errors and dubious options at times but he is 100%
    Players should let each other know if they are unhappy with lack of ball or missed tackle

Fine with Herbert on the roster because he’s NRL capable in a position we’ve got a shortage and not expensive but he’s not of the quality or potential that should be a walk-up start every week. Neither should BK really, unless he’s the 2020 version.

Treymain Spry, Tony Francis and Jojo should all be in the week to week centre equation come 2023 which will help but it seems we’re lacking a bit of variety in body-shape with outside backs in general
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 23-06-22 at 07:14 AM.

We should be scouting the lower grades and even Fiji and PNG for a tall athletic winger how many Arial tries have we scored since the don retired

Rep Player

Herbert is being made to look worse than he is because of the constant breakdown of our right edge defense. He's making some poor decisions, I definitely agree with that, but I actually think that it's stemming from Toby being out of his depth and not communicating properly. Too many times I've seen him hopelessly out of position in defense creating yawning gaps for the offense to stroll through. None of this is an excuse for Herbert's atrocious body language and frequent blow ups of late. That can't be good for team morale.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    We should be scouting the lower grades and even Fiji and PNG for a tall athletic winger how many Arial tries have we scored since the don retired
    You are speaking my language. I would love to see us tap more overseas talent. I think the Dolphins are smart to link with the PNG Hunters.

We also have Marcus Bai's son, Cooper in the system too. Which is really meaningful for the Chargers connection which was an era where I well and truly threw my support behind the Chargers during the Super League war.

You are right that our aerial tries have dried up. We used to even joke about the frequencies of bombs to Don. But he was good.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I brought this up a few years ago but my main reasoning was that if you have top tier internationals you don't lose them at Origin time, one of the reasons that the Storm were able to cope was their big Kiwi contingent.

How good is the 19s origin. Weaver has played well. Poor Fafita hasn't had a good opportunity yet

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    How good is the 19s origin. Weaver has played well. Poor Fafita hasn't had a good opportunity yet
    Small discussion going on in here

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/sho...n-lounge/page6

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I brought this up a few years ago but my main reasoning was that if you have top tier internationals you don't lose them at Origin time, one of the reasons that the Storm were able to cope was their big Kiwi contingent.
    That's a good point. And many were cornerstones of the Kiwis. And there would have been more in recent years if IRL wasn't put on ice due to covid. And not all Kiwi eligible players are selected of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Kiwi reps
    New Zealand Stephen Kearney (1999-04)
    New Zealand Richard Swain (1999-02)
    New Zealand Matt Rua (1999-01)
    New Zealand Tasesa Lavea (2000–01)
    New Zealand Henry Perenara (2001)
    New Zealand David Kidwell (2004–06)
    New Zealand Alex Chan (2004)
    New Zealand Jake Webster (2005–06)
    New Zealand Adam Blair (2006, 2008–10)
    New Zealand Jeremy Smith (2007–08)
    New Zealand Jeff Lima (2007, 2009)
    New Zealand Sika Manu (2008–11)
    New Zealand Matt Duffie (2011)
    New Zealand Kevin Proctor (2012–16)
    New Zealand Jesse Bromwich (2012–19)
    New Zealand Tohu Harris (2013–16)
    New Zealand Kenny Bromwich (2016–19)
    New Zealand Nelson Asofa-Solomona (2017–19)
    New Zealand Brandon Smith (2018-19)
    New Zealand Jahrome Hughes (2019)
    And there are alot of Kiwis on the GC, let alone SEQLD.

• In 2013, there were about 650,000 New Zealand citizens living in Australia, which was about 15 per cent of the population of New Zealand.

• ABS: NZ-born residents were almost twice as likely as the overall population to live in Queensland in 2006 (38% compared with 20%). In particular, they were just over twice as likely to live in Brisbane and more than three times as likely to live on the Gold Coast.

• ABS: In 2006, there were several Statistical Local Areas on the Gold Coast where around one in ten residents were of NZ birth, the result of strong growth in the NZ-born population living in this region. These areas were Pacific Pines-Gaven and Surfers Paradise (both 11%), and Coombabah, Kingsholme-Upper Coomera, Broadbeach-Mermaid Beach and Robina (all 10%).

And then you have all the Kiwis who grew up on the Coast and came through the school system and went elsewhere in the NRL.

And then you have the issues of categorising people's nationality and culture when it can be defined in many ways and through generations. And of course the huge amount of people who trace their background to the Pacific Islands.

Storm also have notable reps for Tonga, Samoa and PNG. Wise for a club based in an AFL city. Perth should follow the play book.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 24-06-22 at 09:24 AM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Rep Player

100% agree that we should be targeting the Kiwi base we have here. I think club management are already ahead of us in that regard, which is why they brought in Ezra Howe. Unfortunately, we've ended up with Clark, Lisone and Vuna (some would argue Herbert belongs here too but I still like him).

Don’t forget Paasi, Hurrell and Pulu
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

DT

SHOOSH

Which high-profile businessman has offered to buy a 25 per cent share of a struggling NRL club? This underperforming outfit could certainly benefit from his management expertise

Could only be the Titans or Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    DT

SHOOSH

Which high-profile businessman has offered to buy a 25 per cent share of a struggling NRL club? This underperforming outfit could certainly benefit from his management expertise

Well whoever it is, it's great for the game to attract investment and interest from capable people. Warriors are in a real hole. I think we are doing ok off the field but it'll be tough at Membership recruitment time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    DT

SHOOSH

Maybe the Tigers with Ben Ellias buying Into the club ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Maybe the Tigers with Ben Ellias buying Into the club ??
    Oh man. I'm so sick of hearing about Benny Elias. And they constantly put a microphone underneath him. That would plumb even newer lows for the club.