Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Report in todays Daily Telegraph that Canterbury are linked with Campbell for next year. Rumours around this for a while but Canterbury first club mentioned. this is a worry as I thought Campbell’s best is yet to come and the fact that he is a local junior

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    Report in todays Daily Telegraph that Canterbury are linked with Campbell for next year. Rumours around this for a while but Canterbury first club mentioned. this is a worry as I thought Campbell’s best is yet to come and the fact that he is a local junior
    Weren't Melbourne looking at him for the rest of this year a month or so back? They must see something in him too. I certainly see it, I just think his body type/weight is the main thing holding him back. He's so skinny and gets rag-dolled on so many of his carries.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 26-08-22 at 06:56 PM.

CM reporting that Ricky Stuart's assistant Brett White is who the Titans are targeting as Holbrook's new assistant.

Steve Mitchell didn't respond specifically to the Brett White information but did say that the consideration for the role is "how are we going to improve our defensive principles and the workload that goes into making an NRL squad that's strong defensively. That will be a key focus going forward".

Wasn't sure about the Brett White story but went and had a look at some defensive stats to see where the Raiders rank compared to us. All figures are from fox sports lab.
    A couple of huge problem areas for us is the run meters conceded (RMC) and tries conceded (TC).
    RMC Raiders 29,367, Titans 33,466. 4099 more by us.
    TC Raiders 76, Titans 108. 32 more by us.....
    We have also conceded 163 more points than them and missed 88 more tackles.
    It does look like White could be a good signing if he can manage to get buy in from the team.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Wasn't sure about the Brett White story but went and had a look at some defensive stats to see where the Raiders rank compared to us. All figures are from fox sports lab.
    A couple of huge problem areas for us is the run meters conceded (RMC) and tries conceded (TC).
    RMC Raiders 29,367, Titans 33,466. 4099 more by us.
    TC Raiders 76, Titans 108. 32 more by us.....
    We have also conceded 163 more points than them and missed 88 more tackles.
    It does look like White could be a good signing if he can manage to get buy in from the team.
    I wonder how those stat's look compared to the rest of the comp though

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    The Raiders are reasonably strong defensively. They’re no Panthers or Storm, but they also don’t have the same quality roster as the top teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    In comparison to the other teams.
    In RMC they are 6th best and we are 13th.
    TC 6th again and we are 15th.
    Points conceded 7th and we are 15th
    Missed tackles 6th and we are 11th.

I wonder who he'll be assisting?

Over the last couple of months i have gone back and forth on where Brimson fits next year. He has always been in my top 3 favourite Titans but he struggled at 6 the start if this season (mind you Lockyer took a season when he moved from fullback to five-eighth before he felt comfortable). After the last couple of weeks I think Brimmo should be at 6. This has also been helped by Campbell starting to regain his form at fullback and his one on one defense is improving too.

I know most think of Foran as a 6, but he has played 7 for NZ (albeit not recently) and i think he could be a steadying influence there.

I would like to see our backline next year as-

Campbell
    Sami
    Kelly / Spry
    Fifita
    Marzhew
    Brimson
    Foran

My question then becomes, who is our goalkicker.

I looked at some junior games results and looks like JC was a goalkicker, but curious if mdrew or Hail Sezer can enlighten us if he is good enough or would be comfortable being 1st choice goalkicker?

Immortal

For me Jayden Campbell is not an NRL level goal kicker, when he hits them he has range and accuracy not the technique is not consistant and has a lot of moving parts.

Thanks for the reply mdrew. Appreciate it.

While I like the idea that we are talking to other halves I feel that we have a half now in Boyd. I feel that he is warming into the role and slowly getting better. In our previous halves in Taylor and Sexton they would go into their shell at times , however I feel that Boyd is always trying to do or contribute something. I've noticed that if he thinks he's made a mistake he tries to make up for it. I feel playing along side of Foran and Verrills will help him greatly. Mdrew/HS why do you make of Boyds game since he has taken over the 7 jersey ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    While I like the idea that we are talking to other halves I feel that we have a half now in Boyd. I feel that he is warming into the role and slowly getting better. In our previous halves in Taylor and Sexton they would go into their shell at times , however I feel that Boyd is always trying to do or contribute something. I've noticed that if he thinks he's made a mistake he tries to make up for it. I feel playing along side of Foran and Verrills will help him greatly. Mdrew/HS why do you make of Boyds game since he has taken over the 7 jersey ?
    Totally agree. Boyd has been doing it for me at 7 since he got his opportunity and he's a solid goalkicker too. Mentoring from Foran and good service from Verrills will see Boyd go to another level in my opinion.

I'm with you BT and Willy. Boyd has impressed me with his killer attitude. He's taken all sorts of crap over the years but he's stuck at it tenaciously. He's a footballer first, second and third. I certainly didn't think that before but he's won me over. He's got a kicking game and busted his gut for that win yesterday.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Yeah well said BT. Hard to ignore his contributions and I think he's just showing a bit of maturity and calmness that wasn't there the last few years. He seems a lot more decisive in his role and what he's trying to do, and is always on the ball and trying to contribute as you say. He's a guy who has always taken his football very seriously, ultra professional who wants to improve and I think that is noticeable in his effort. I know he wasn't necessarily showing much on the field until recently but he was clearly doing something that warranted the club wanting to persist with him on the roster and I think we're seeing why. Worth keeping in mind that he only turned 22 last month, so in terms of his football development it's still very early particularly as a half. FWIW, Toby Sexton is one year younger.

Boyd has still got plenty of improvement in him but I'm loving what he's bringing to this team at the moment and how he's come along as a genuine halfback. He's well and truly overtaken Sexton at the very least.