Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I have a slightly different perspective on it.

This performance from these blokes will tell all about the relationship with the coach. He’s stood by them and they’ve done what? Nada, zip, zero and nothing … they should be ashamed on all levels … how they can look Tino in the face is beyond me too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

You've got to give Holbrook credit for being loyal. He's picked an odd hill to die on in Erin Clark though.

I give it two weeks max before we have a new head coach.

By picking the same side each week and probably another loss coming up, is it showing Holbrook’s shortfall as a coach. They are not improving so it demonstrates his lack of impact and influence.
    I would think by blooding s gives him a slight excuse if they lose compared to current scenario.
    It’s like he is trying to get sacked……….

I’m playing devil’s advocate here but happy to get rained on … when we defend a half so well or kick out to a 20 point lead or scramble to a golden point try, whose fault are those?

I feel he genuinely believes in the bulk of his squad and has limited choices in some cases too. Certainly he’s not happy and for sure his win loss ratio is poor but he is a career coach so I can’t see him blindly making dumb choices. Just saying.

I’ve put my helmet on but it was me who posted “if you do the same things you’ll get the same results” … surely there is a lot more from his perspective that we are not privy to.

Maybe we should ask whether he’d prefer winning in crappy St. Helen’s or struggling on the Goldie? If he’s any sort of coach then he takes the latter.
    Last edited by Titanic; 14-06-22 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I’m playing devil’s advocate here but happy to get rained on … when we defend a half so well or kick out to a 20 point lead or scramble to a golden point try, whose fault are those?

I feel he genuinely believes in the bulk of his squad and has limited choices in some cases too. Certainly he’s not happy and for sure his win loss ratio is poor but he is a career coach so I can’t see him blindly making dumb choices. Just saying.

I’ve put my helmet on but it was me who posted “if you do the same things you’ll get the same results” … surely there is a lot more from his perspective that we are not privy to.
    I believe you are pretty right there T.
    I just think our roster is essentially crap and there are few players of NRL standard. Just moving the same rubbish around will achieve nothing (just deckchairs on your Titanic) and we need a pretty fair roster overhaul. As has been said many times, start with a hooker, then add a centre, about three starting forwards and a better bench. However it is the coach that decided to run with this roster. It's pretty much his team.

@MT unfortunately my Titanic ain’t what she used to be … too many years submerged and bouncing off the bottom tore the flange off it.

Banned

Anyone know what happened to Corey Thompson

I know south’s played terrible last night but I think erin Clarke could play the role that havili plays for them. Off the bench impact forward that has quick line speed in defence and runs hard. I think Clarke could be a lot more affective than havili as well. Just a thought?

I am staying at Pacific Bay at Coffs and expected to see a crowd of Sharks supporters here as well as the Sharks themselves like last year. Titans are here this year? First in best dressed perhaps? Anyways, we are having breakfast and they are all looking relaxed (not sure if that is good or not). The wife reckin’s Moe smells nice. Patrick may be a little eccentric, as was sitting on his own talking to himself until Holbrook sat with him….and it is a Buffet, Holbrook has a serious appetite.

Probably the trip I would most like to make. Envious doesn’t quite cut it. Will be watching in my office.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I am staying at Pacific Bay at Coffs and expected to see a crowd of Sharks supporters here as well as the Sharks themselves like last year. Titans are here this year? First in best dressed perhaps? Anyways, we are having breakfast and they are all looking relaxed (not sure if that is good or not). The wife reckin’s Moe smells nice. Patrick may be a little eccentric, as was sitting on his own talking to himself until Holbrook sat with him….and it is a Buffet, Holbrook has a serious appetite.
    This is great haha

Did you manage to get close enough to Mo to confirm the fragrance?

Just for some balance with all the negative sh1t I write these days it would be great to see Fifita and Booth come into the side late

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Just for some balance with all the negative sh1t I write these days it would be great to see Fifita and Booth come into the side late
    That would make way too much sense mate

Well Tits on a closer look I notice Both has been dropped from the reserves so we can eliminate half of that dream

First Grader

Yep and we’re 1-17, can’t wait to get 40 put on us