Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Kodi played fullback last week for the Rabbits and ran out of puff due to the increase in running. He had an ordinary match so I am surprised he had been selected again and his positional play in defence he was a bit lost. Not sure why they have continued with him at fullback and Taafe as a reserve but our short kicking game should find Kodi out.

At this game in 2019 asking who this Warriors fullback was.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/0...riors---rd-21/

Paul shows skills and promise in the second half from 1:09.

Also another few Titans playing in Lisone and Herbert.
    Last edited by MaroonTitan; 07-06-22 at 07:11 PM.

Happy to see AJ back at 1 and Turner getting a shot. We need an injection of threat in our spine.

On that note lol @ Clarke as our starting hooker again. If last week didn't show he's better suited to 13 then I don't know what will.

He's obviously got some compromising pictures of Holbrook to keep getting this charmed run at hooker despite constant rubbish performances.

Think it's silly to move AJ to 1 which breaks up a halves combination that has trained together in preseason and has shown promise in patches. Not to mention Turner has been playing fullback for Tweed anyway and Sexton said he feels more comfortable playing alongside AJ. Still I'm just happy to not see Isaako at 1...

Also have no words that Clark is at 9. As you said Birdman, last week showed his true role as a lock and even the Titans website and media celebrated it, only for him to go back to hooker this week Booth clearly isn't getting a chance anytime soon which is ridiculous. Would look much better with Tino and Mo at prop, Booth at hooker, Clark at lock and Boyd off the bench.

Yep agree once again BT and our rotation would be instantly improved.
    It never really happens under Hurricane (unless he's forced into it) but I remain hopeful that late changes inline with your thoughts will be forth coming...just don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Yep agree once again BT and our rotation would be instantly improved.
    It never really happens under Hurricane (unless he's forced into it) but I remain hopeful that late changes inline with your thoughts will be forth coming...just don't hold your breath.
    Changes are only due to injuries. No changes made due to effort or skill set. If CT and JC weren't injured it would be the same team as last week.

I'm almost paralyzed with indecision with the AJ question. And it may get more interesting in 2023 as people have discussed.

But in the end I'd land on putting him to #1.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I can smell a Titans win here. I think Tino, Sam Mc and Fermy (wanting that SOO call up) will lead our forwards with high energy and the backs will feed off it.

Making it bloody hard to gamble responsibly this year

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Making it bloody hard to gamble responsibly this year
    Titans. Destroying my tipping since 2007.

Mo should also be keen to prove himself. And we want that 2021 form.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Members front of mind for Titans ahead of Rabbitohs clash
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...bbitohs-clash/

Titans centre Patrick Herbert admits 2022 hasn't gone to plan so far.

But he's got a key message for Members and fans.

This team isn't going to give up.

"We care a lot," Herbert said.

"I know the results haven't gone our way but we just have to look at our fundamentals.

"We still want to make our community proud and I think that starts with making ourselves proud.

"When I go out on the field I look into the bleachers and I remember when I was that little boy and I want to try and make those people proud.

"We don't want people spitting on us.

"We've shot ourselves in the foot for the majority of our games and we haven't played these 10 or 15 minute periods well and we end up chasing the game.

"We've only got ourselves to blame but it's only us that can change it."

Herbert says the team is focussed on energy and effort to ensure they can return to the winners circle against the Rabbitohs.

"We've gone away from playing normal, simple footy and I think we have to get that right and show we can do it for longer periods of time and if we do that I think we will have everyone on our side.

"I feel like Justin (Holbrook) has got our back and it is a shame that the results that we are having on the field, not scoring enough points, haven't relieved that pressure on Justin.

"I want to go out there and do him proud and do our community proud like I said."

The Titans will wear the club's first Pasifika jersey for the clash with the special design paying respect to the past, present and future of the many peoples and cultures throughout the Pacific.

Created in five sections, the jersey acknowledges the great ancestors, their epic voyages across vast oceans, present day Pasifika people, and their evolution, contribution and progression for future generations.

"I'm a proud Maori boy from NZ," Herbert said.

"Being here on the Goldie, you see any Maori and we've got that connection.

"We had Indigenous round just recently past, we've got a multicultural team and it is great that we acknowledge all of our cultures."

Paul Turner will make his debut in the clash at five-eighth, with AJ Brimson returning to fullback to replace the injured Jayden Campbell.

Herbert says he feels for the 22-year-old who will miss up to eight weeks with a hamstring injury.

"He's (Campbell) massive, he's had a big impact on the club every time he has played," Herbert said.

"He is a livewire just like his old man and he's an important part of our club.

"People are ready to fill in, the feeder clubs are doing well, but yeah he will be missed."

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Members front of mind for Titans ahead of Rabbitohs clash
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...bbitohs-clash/

Titans centre Patrick Herbert admits 2022 hasn't gone to plan so far.

But he's got a key message for Members and fans.

This team isn't going to give up.

"We care a lot," Herbert said.

"I know the results haven't gone our way but we just have to look at our fundamentals.

"We still want to make our community proud and I think that starts with making ourselves proud.

"When I go out on the field I look into the bleachers and I remember when I was that little boy and I want to try and make those people proud.

"We don't want people spitting on us.

"We've shot ourselves in the foot for the majority of our games and we haven't played these 10 or 15 minute periods well and we end up chasing the game.

"We've only got ourselves to blame but it's only us that can change it."

Herbert says the team is focussed on energy and effort to ensure they can return to the winners circle against the Rabbitohs.

"We've gone away from playing normal, simple footy and I think we have to get that right and show we can do it for longer periods of time and if we do that I think we will have everyone on our side.

"I feel like Justin (Holbrook) has got our back and it is a shame that the results that we are having on the field, not scoring enough points, haven't relieved that pressure on Justin.

"I want to go out there and do him proud and do our community proud like I said."

The Titans will wear the club's first Pasifika jersey for the clash with the special design paying respect to the past, present and future of the many peoples and cultures throughout the Pacific.

Created in five sections, the jersey acknowledges the great ancestors, their epic voyages across vast oceans, present day Pasifika people, and their evolution, contribution and progression for future generations.

"I'm a proud Maori boy from NZ," Herbert said.

"Being here on the Goldie, you see any Maori and we've got that connection.

"We had Indigenous round just recently past, we've got a multicultural team and it is great that we acknowledge all of our cultures."

Paul Turner will make his debut in the clash at five-eighth, with AJ Brimson returning to fullback to replace the injured Jayden Campbell.

Herbert says he feels for the 22-year-old who will miss up to eight weeks with a hamstring injury.

"He's (Campbell) massive, he's had a big impact on the club every time he has played," Herbert said.

"He is a livewire just like his old man and he's an important part of our club.

"People are ready to fill in, the feeder clubs are doing well, but yeah he will be missed."

"We don't want people spitting on us. - WTF???

This can't be happening can it? What sort of low life piece of shiz would do that? Bring the aggro Patty!!

"We don't want people spitting on us. - WTF??? This can't be happening can it? What sort of low life piece of shiz would do that?
    Yea I know. Spitting on someone would have to be one of the worst and most disrespectful and unhygienic things you can do. Although I think he is just using it as a turn of phrase.

I probably would have omitted that in the press release.

But I do remember Titans fan(s) on social media talking about "burning jerseys" which I just think is totally stupid if that ever happened. I mean they are expensive for starters... If you don't want it, put it in the cupboard or give it to someone. Probably some more (unhelpful) dramatic license.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea I know. Spitting on someone would have to be one of the worst and most disrespectful and unhygienic things you can do. Although I think he is just using it as a turn of phrase.

I probably would have omitted that in the press release.

But I do remember Titans fan(s) on social media talking about "burning jerseys" which I just think is totally stupid if that ever happened. I mean they are expensive for starters... If you don't want it, put it in the cupboard or give it to someone. Probably some more (unhelpful) dramatic license.
    I'm not into social media. So much negativity, so little common sense, almost zero critical thinking.

In fairness to all those trying to bob to the top of the cesspool that can be social media...I admit, I should have exercised some critical thinking when reading Herbert's comments. LOL!! Strange choice of words from Pat though.

I agree with you 100% on the jersey burning. What a puerile act and senseless waste if that were to happen. Just donate them to Vinnies if your butt is so swollen. Someone will get a jersey they couldn't afford to buy brand new and there will still be a jersey gracing the streets.

Rep Player

"We don't want people spitting on us. - WTF???

This can't be happening can it? What sort of low life piece of shiz would do that? Bring the aggro Patty!!
    I suspect he meant it figuratively

Souths: Wot you need to know Round 14
    https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/20...know-round-14/
    Here is wot you need to know for Round 14 as we head to Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast to face the Titans, brought to you by Wotif