Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I suspect he meant it figuratively
    G'day Willhelm! How've you been?

Agreed. Do you reckon he comes on here?? There'd be a few computer monitors out there that could use a good spray and wipe at times. Dirty job...like being a peep show window cleaner. Hahaha!

The green machine are a bit closer to where we want to be at the moment. Joey Tapine is going well. Is it just me, or do Joey and Tino look like brothers??

Souths video reminds me that Jai Arrow exists and he actually returns to the field against us.

Also the game will be my least favourite Burgess' 200th NRL match.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Souths: Wot you need to know Round 14
    https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/20...know-round-14/
    Here is wot you need to know for Round 14 as we head to Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast to face the Titans, brought to you by Wotif
    Awww! I didn't want to know any of that.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    G'day Willhelm! How've you been?

Agreed. Do you reckon he comes on here?? There'd be a few computer monitors out there that could use a good spray and wipe at times. Dirty job...like being a peep show window cleaner. Hahaha!

The green machine are a bit closer to where we want to be at the moment. Joey Tapine is going well. Is it just me, or do Joey and Tino look like brothers??
    Hey Meno, fine thanks, good to see you around again. You should visit more frequently.

I sure hope none of our players come on here. It's never good for them to see what the fans think as we tend to err on the side of negativity and destructive criticism.

Yeah they look similar but I'd take Tino over Tapine any day of the week. Tino has the right attitude and will be our captain for many years to come.

Hey Meno, fine thanks, good to see you around again. You should visit more frequently.

I sure hope none of our players come on here. It's never good for them to see what the fans think as we tend to err on the side of negativity and destructive criticism.

Yeah they look similar but I'd take Tino over Tapine any day of the week. Tino has the right attitude and will be our captain for many years to come.
    Here, here! Or is it hear, hear? Hear here?? No, it's definitely...here, here!!

Uh oh...did I just join a clique? Or is it click? A klick???

Just jokes everyone. I can hear the knickers twisting from here....hahaha!

Viva La TITANS!!!!!

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Here, here! Or is it hear, hear? Hear here?? No, it's definitely...here, here!!

Uh oh...did I just join a clique? Or is it click? A klick???

Just jokes everyone. I can hear the knickers twisting from here....hahaha!

Viva La TITANS!!!!!
    I believe it's hear, hear

Lovely bromance fellas :-) excuse my assumption.

Mo and Fifita have a very long way to go to even contemplate making Slater’s squad. Mo’s body shape isn’t what they’re looking for and there is no place for a 15 minute behemoth. Amazing game.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I believe it's hear, hear
    But...I didn't hear anything. I read it. Here.

Eels legend gives Marzhew boost ahead of return
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ead-of-return/

Titans winger Greg Marzhew says rather than drop his head, he's used his return to the Burleigh Bears as a chance to gain confidence in his game.

Named to make his Titans return on Saturday against the Rabbitohs, Marzhew says an old mentor has helped boost his self-confidence.

"I've got Luke Burt back there he was my under 20's coach back at the Parramatta Eels so he's always just in my ear trying to give me some some confidence," Marzhew said.

"He's always boosting up my morale and him and Rick Stone gave me some freedom to back myself off my skill."

Marzhew scored a try and notched 135 run metres and 61 post contact metres in a strong performance for the Bears as they thumped the Tigers 64 points to 16.

The 25-year-old has played nine NRL games this season, but will return to the side for the first time since round nine.

"The fire is always there," he said.

"I didn't need to wait to get dropped just to try and be motivated, I try and stay motivated each week.

"It's been a few few weeks out so I'm just probably motivated right now to try and get up and do my job for boys.

"I had a week back with Burleigh last weekend which was good to try and get some a match fitness up there.

"It's good when you've got a good bunch of boys going back in there and they're really welcoming too."

Marzhew is expected a tough test against South Sydney and says their threat extends right across the park.

"I think in the halves (are important) and we've been doing a lot of video on Cody Walker," he said.

"He's always a skilful and smart player ... but they've also got a good forward pack.

"If we can do a good job on them and not let them roam early, that will give us a good chance."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

If turner has been playing fullback in cup I wonder if this is just ducks and drapes with aj named at 1 to take the spot light off turner in the lead up?

'He’s an excitement machine': Sexton thrilled to partner Kiwi young gun

Toby Sexton couldn't be any more excited about playing alongside Paul Turner when he makes his Titans debut against the Rabbitohs this Saturday.

Although the young duo will combine for the first time this season proper, fans may feel it's déjà vu seeing the playmakers together after the pair lit up Cbus Super Stadium in the pre-season trial against the Broncos earlier in the year.

Getting the opportunity to become Titan #172 this Saturday with Brimson returning to fullback to fill the role of injured No. 1 Jayden Campbell, the Titans half can't wait to line-up with the 'excitement machine' who has been dominating for the Tweed Seagulls.

"He's been playing a bit of fullback and centre in Q Cup and he's been setting it alight since he began playing there. I think he's probably been the best player in Q Cup all year," Sexton declared.

"He's waited his turn and he's really excited to play this weekend.

"He's just an excitement machine. He's pretty similar to AJ (Brimson) in the role he plays and I'm really excited to play with him."

As the more senior linchpin of the energetic duet for this weekend's clash, Sexton is more than happy to take the reins of his side and wants the 22-year-old club debutant to just do what he does best.

"I had a bit of a conversation with him before... I just told him that I'll get the side around the park and all he has to do is focus on himself and his job," Sexton said.

"He's an excitement machine and was coming up with some pretty cool plays today.

"He's a different face and I've never played with the kind of player he is and I'm really looking forward to it.

"I guess it's more pressure on me in a way, but I think we'll be right."

Up against the eighth-placed South Sydney, who will be hungry to string back-to-back wins together after coming off the bye, the Titans No. 7 knows the challenge his side is up against come 3pm on Saturday.

"They're obviously a good side. I'm not sure whether (Damien) Cook and (Cameron) Murray will back up given they obviously played big minutes in Origin," Sexton said.

"They're a quality side and have got plenty of strike across the park with (Cody) Walker and (Lachlan) Ilias... it's going to be a tough match.

"We're back at home in an arvo game and we haven't played an arvo game in a while. I think it suits our kind of footy.

"We're in a tough position at the moment with our position on the ladder and we need to start winning games sooner rather than later."

The Currumbin Eagles junior is also proud to wear the club's first-ever Pasifika jersey as part of Inspire Round, celebrating the Titans' community programs under the guise of the club's charitable arm - Titans Together.

"It's pretty cool to be honest. We've done Indigenous Round the last couple of weeks and now we'll wear our Pasifika jerseys this weekend," Sexton said.

"There's such a rich multiculturalism with all the different nations that play amongst here and it's pretty cool for us to be able to represent them this weekend.

"We're really looking forward to it."

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...iwi-young-gun/

AJ out due to Covid protocols. Great. No idea what they even do now, the article says Marsters comes into the 17 with the final side to be confirmed before kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    AJ out due to Covid protocols. Great. No idea what they even do now, the article says Marsters comes into the 17 with the final side to be confirmed before kick off.
    Without AJ, JC and possibly Tino rested we have Buckley's chance of winning this game.

This could get very, very ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Without AJ, JC and possibly Tino rested we have Buckley's chance of winning this game.

This could get very, very ugly.
    Nah Tino is confirmed to play but yep we'll most likely get towelled up. Where are our points going to come from?

Makes most sense to put Turner at FB, Boyd into 6 and Booth onto the bench. Could be quite ugly