Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 14: TITANS vs SOUTHS

TITANS vs SOUTHS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Maybe Mal meninga should coach the side for a week like Gus see if there's any difference

With half a season to prepare for next year let’s get rid of the excess baggage and blood some more youth. I by no means know the form of some of these guys so anything other than the numbnuts we are rolling out. And I add, stats only tell so much and in the 2022 landscape they are causing poor decisions to be made in many cases, e.g. Liu.

1. AJ
    2. Sami
    3. Jojo
    4. Herbert
    5. Marzhew
    6. Turner
    7. Sexton
    8. Mo
    9. Boyd
    10. Tino
    11. Fermor
    12. Fifita
    13. Clarke

14. Booth
    15. Wallace
    16. McIntyre
    17. Ben Liyou

Ps. Can someone go and key Holbrook’s car before the game and snap him out of the “good will to all men” comfort zone he’s enjoying. We are the softest, loveliest bunch of gentlemen in football land. Bring back Bird for a dose of reality.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-06-22 at 05:42 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Like your 1-5 T, although I'll say Jojo hasn't played Qcup at centre nor has he played on the left side since that Broncos trial. Nonetheless I'd also still be tempted to throw him in there. Clarke at 13 I can get around after last nights showing but would prefer off the bench.

Liyou is ineligible to play NRL (he isn't contracted) and hasn't played at a level higher than Tweed U21's. Your choices are either Jacob Alick who is an edge backrower, Joe Vuna who wouldn't be much good as he is still in rehab from an ACL tear, or Kevin Proctor who...is Kevin Proctor. And then there's the predictables in Lisone, Herman, Joliffe.

I seem to be in the minority but for mine, Liu is our best middle defender. Tino included. I'm surprised by the criticism particularly when our middle defence is such a blatant issue and he's the only one winning more tackles than he loses and executing his job around the ruck. His carries aren't red-hot but we need defensive effort before all else at the moment. Just my 2c.

Paul Turner an interesting one. This year he has looked a much better fullback than 5/8 and I'd almost be tempted to leave AJ at 6 to accommodate PT at the back. He's spent most the year there in cup, plays off shape down the right side of the field (same as JC) which fits our structure. I'm not sure I love what I've seen from him at 5/8.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 03-06-22 at 06:18 PM.

Time to give some kids a chance. As much as I don’t like it Sezer is right. We need Lui in our middle as we are shockingly bad there defensively. He's about as threatening as Proctor with ball in hand though.

Marzhew on the wing as Corey T looks well past it this year as much as I love what he's done for us in the past. Marzhew has his faults but at least he's a guaranteed 200m a game trucking it out of the end zone.

Booth has to get a crack on the bench or at 9 this week. We just have to see if there's anything there, not holding my breath though.

Hail Seizer
    I seem to be in the minority but for mine, Liu is our best middle defender. Tino included. I'm surprised by the criticism particularly when our middle defence is such a blatant issue and he's the only one winning more tackles than he loses and executing his job around the ruck. His carries aren't red-hot but we need defensive effort before all else at the moment. Just my 2c.

McIntyre topped the game tackle count last night, that's effort!
    Can't say I have seen Liu sprint and dive to make tackles or make 3 or more in a set.
    Last edited by Coxy1; 03-06-22 at 06:31 PM.

Great to see some debate returning to the Forum. My issue is about body shape, we mostly look like sides did ten years ago. I feel our goal should be two bookends, one of them on the bench, and the rest athletic larger bodies with a 70 minute, aggressive ball playing lock. Lisone and Ese just don’t cut it while Wallace and Liu aren’t much in front of them. Let’s not bring Proctor into the conversation but I’m betting he will be there next game.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-06-22 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coxy1 View Post
    Hail Seizer

McIntyre topped the game tackle count last night, that's effort!
    Can't say I have seen Liu sprint and dive to make tackles or make 3 or more in a set.
    Yeah big effort in that regard and no disrespect to Sam-Mac but I recognise said effort-areas and defensive value in different metrics than tackle volume. I mean winning the tackle, getting to marker, getting to A, properly taking his place in the line, bouncing to create inside pressure on the edges. Liu does all of that very well, IMO. And consistently.

Huge effort by Mcintyre and making 51 tackles is great but doesn't mean a whole lot if you lose 50 of them (I'm being hyperbolic but you get my drift)

QLD Cup

I’m with HZ on this one. I don’t see the point in shifting AJ again. He needs time in the 6 jersey to develop, and importantly he needs to figure out what style of 6 he is going to be. Turner to 1 would be my preference. If Isaako is picked there though it will nearly be enough for me to stop supporting this week.

I can see Clarke being spared because of his strong 15min but he doesn’t deserve to be. With Tino back and Campbell injured I’d play:
    1. Turner
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Herbert
    5. Marzhew
    6. AJ
    7. Sexton
    8. Wallace
    9. Booth
    10. Tino
    11. Fermor
    12. SMac
    13. Lui
    14. Boyd
    15. Mo
    16. Ese Ese
    17. Alick

SMac to the middle after 30min. Alick on the edge for 50min and Lui back on for SMac with 25 to go. If Fafita was fit I’d bump Lisone to from the bench and play SMac as a middle.

Banned

Corey Thompson goes alright

NRL Physio saying JC high-grade hamstring tear, almost worst case scenario out for around 8 weeks.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 07-06-22 at 07:13 AM.

Todays team list announcement if I read Isaako at number 1 I wont even bother going past looking at the rest of the side.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Todays team list announcement if I read Isaako at number 1 I wont even bother going past looking at the rest of the side.
    If I read Proctor in 1-17 I will also be very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Same i would honestly rather zillman at FB then issako or sami I hope Paul turner gets a shot there

“If you keep doing the same things you’ll get the same results” doesn’t seem to resonate in our Club.