Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Rep Player

Wtf was that from Herbert?

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    They've already given up. No heart and no care. 24 running metres in a set. Something has to change ASAP.
    JWal, Issako and Marsters (hopefully) off the top of my head aren't at the club next year. What do they have to play for?

Throwing in the towel again … very very disheartening
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Herbert shows how clueless he is in defensive structures

I have been a huge believer in holbrook since he came in and it usually annoys me all these flow in flow out fans that have been calling him to get the sack but if I’m honest after this performance I think it has to happen. We should be playing better than what we are dishing out. Rotations seem to be awfully timed and I do think we need a new voice. If I’m honest I think we should be going for Madge to come in ASAP. We need a harder approach and I think Madge can do that. It sucks to say because I hate how clubs chop and change all the time but atleast Madge has the experience of winning a comp and tino is very similar to Sam burgess. I’ll probably get backlash but just my thoughts

Banned

What's Tino doing in the corner?

I think we should get Madge as well

He can bring Dally M award winner halfback of the year - Luke Brooks over

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    JWal, Issako and Marsters (hopefully) off the top of my head aren't at the club next year. What do they have to play for?
    Maybe don't pick them if they are mediocre and won't be here next year?

Rep Player

I hear you Blade but Madge is damaged goods. A real stink of losing on him.

Picked through necessity but they aren't playing for a contract anymore and have little or no loyalty to a club they won't be at or playing finals with. Kind of like the effort you get when someone puts in their two weeks notice

That Tino bloke goes alright

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    What's Tino doing in the corner?

I think we should get Madge as well

He can bring Dally M award winner halfback of the year - Luke Brooks over
    Any last words?

Banned

Please don't ban me

The season is gone now. I have been watching the Bears v Sunshine Coast and we have nothing to lose by playing Lofi KP and Taine Tuaupiki, the young fullback. Geez they shine in that grade and they will do better than Madters and Isasko. They will bring energy if nothing else. Also, interesting to note that Booth started the match this arvo.

How will Corey Thompson make it back to the wing with Marzhew playing as a beast
    Best thing for our future is to say goodbye to Corey and blood someone else

You know Thompson was fullback when he played in Super League

Put him at Fullback

First Grader

Except for Tino, Fermor and Mo, the rest of the forwards were completely outgunned and you don’t win matches if only 3 forwards sre putting in any effort. Also McIntyre is not an edge forward

Our forward pack needs a major overhaul as again we just let opposition run 60 metres a set. This combined with our pathetic run metres by all except for the above 3 shows we will continue to be wooden spoon contenders next year if major changes are not made.

From left field, Herbert is just clueless in defensive structures and our right side defence has leaked the most tries of any club. A lot comes down to Herbert having no idea in defending 2 in on the edge. He is a great defender one on one and has a good turn of speed and maybe a change to an edge forward might be worthwhile having a go where he will be 4 in and not as exposed as a centre.

Time for one or two new players every few weeks. New mindset from Coaching staff required. Cant keep picking basically same squad every week and think things will change.
    If we are going to lose well let’s give new players experience which is what the Cowboys did backend of 2021
    Maybe Alick I the backrow, Sam Mac is a whole hearted player but has no offload and rarely tackle bust so he can’t be an edge forward. Think either Liu, Lisone or Wallace- pick one and drop the others outside the 17. Any young props worth giving one or two games to before season end?
    Thanks but no thanks to Marsters, Issako and Thompson for rest of season.
    Booth at hooker and let the other two fight it out for 14.
    Can Turner kick? Didn’t see one today, that is a concern as Sexton becomes easy target.
    Would give Lofi and JoJo a run before seasons end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    I have been a huge believer in holbrook since he came in and it usually annoys me all these flow in flow out fans that have been calling him to get the sack but if I’m honest after this performance I think it has to happen. We should be playing better than what we are dishing out. Rotations seem to be awfully timed and I do think we need a new voice. If I’m honest I think we should be going for Madge to come in ASAP. We need a harder approach and I think Madge can do that. It sucks to say because I hate how clubs chop and change all the time but atleast Madge has the experience of winning a comp and tino is very similar to Sam burgess. I’ll probably get backlash but just my thoughts
    It’s more than the results, it’s the fact that backline lacks any cohesion or attacking structure apart from their block block play. We never have any trick plays from dummy half so the defence knows where to go after us.
    Weekly selections are just copy n paste. Holbrook picks same squad and wonders why we get same result.
    Play kids with enthusiasm
    New assistant coaches at end of season and give Holbrook one more year and if no good than Flano or Walker Bros

Please don't ban me
    You never took the bet. Plus if you go who can give us hooker and FB advice?

- - - Updated - - -

Booth at hooker and let the other two fight it out for 14.
    Can Turner kick? Didn’t see one today, that is a concern as Sexton becomes easy target.

Booth was 18th man wasn't he so maybe close. Clarke got booted early then showed he wasn't a middle ball carrier as well.

Turner not kicking and AJ rarely kicking is the same same for Sexton being an easy target Even the commentators said it. JC took some pressure off. Sad that this is the case for our team but it is what it is. Hard to know where to start and finish. But not starting with something isn't the answer either.